Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196358 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2006, 02:57:40 pm »
 ;D Haha..
Cheers Nicky! 
But poor Lucise though, he is trapped in the closet with no idea where to go next ...  :P :)
And Guy, dear beautifully-faulted Guy!  ;D

Guy and Lucise sitting in a tree,
K--I--S--S--I--N--G.

LMAO!!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2006, 03:42:17 pm »

:laugh:

Kudos to both of you Daniel and Milli! You're great!!!
:-*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2006, 03:52:43 pm »

LOL!
Why, cheers Owlma! 
I'd sure love to come over to your owl-partment sometime .. ( ::)) .. 
;D

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2006, 04:26:41 pm »
I'm so behind on the thread, due to some other matters I've been attending to  ;), but hey, I laugh just as hard when I come here! And I get the condensed version of it all. Bravo to all who are keeping the show going strong--Chris would want it that way.

Jenny ;D
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2006, 04:30:18 pm »
Don't worry, Jenny, we know you'll catch up... Almost time ta come off the mountain'.... Unless Jack and Ennis do somethin' really rash, and Ennis has been gettin' a little distant, so that elopin' may not happen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:38:30 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2006, 11:36:20 pm »
Okay, I'm going to say to myself what most of the critics are wanting to say right now...

QUIT HOGGING THE PERFORMANCE THREAD.

To be honest, people. I am very sorry. I've created a monster that is trying to be heard, and I didn't realize how much he needed to be heard til a day or two ago.... Also with Dee having limited availabillity to post as Ennis, and other parts not yet being filled, a fella addicted to the Performance Thread can get downright bored. So that's my reason... Still not an excuse.

I have no life... It's kinda pathetic that I rush to get on my computer when I get home from work and click on the Home button every two minutes to see if anyone has posted anything on the PT.  I think its one of the most interesting, creative, humorous, sorrowful, loving, exasperating, and deeply emotional thing I've ever participated in.... But when it becomes an addiction, maybe I need to back off some.

Celeste said something to me a long time ago... She said that I dream as Jack, and I really empathized with that statement. Over the process of the performance, I gradually found myself losing my own identity in Jack's. I was channeling Jack, but Jack was taking over. In part, Guy is a reaction to this loss of self, a reemergence of my own identity (at least in part), until he became rather emotionally complex and also obtained a life of his own that was not controlled as much by myself as I would have liked.

And then the thing with Chris stunned us all. In the midst of my despair, I continued to post as Guy, this beautifully emotionally complex (beautifully flawed as Milli says) person so that I could figure out and sort my own emotions. The performance of Guy became therapeutic for me in this sharp and painful moment, and I went with the flow... Regretfully, I allowed it to completely take over.

So I would like to apologize to you all here and to everyone who posts on the performance thread. It was very selfish of me to monopolize the thread in that way. I would also like to apologize to Milli for turning something which could have been very simple into something more complex than any of us need right now. That was also selfish of me, but not entirely my fault. Posting on this thread has brought a deep emotional creativity in me and it seems that any time I post anything I am using it with full attention. It doesn't make posting easier, but it does make it deeper.

I would like to thank everyone who has said a kind word here about any of my characters or performances. I will of course continue to be a part of the performance thread, but hopefully will find something more lively to engage myself in when I'm not here. Right now, I don't see many things that are more lively than the performance thread thanks to all you wonderful people. Television? Pfah! Boring! It's also great because its an inexpensive hobby; I do have others, but they are less inexpensive, and money is not something I have much of right now. It mostly goes to my debtors.

Cheers and Bravo to everyone here, performer and audience member alike. This thread has come to mean a great deal to me, and it's because of the people like you, who I have come to admire and love over such a short time. Right now, you are my truest friends, and understand me better than anyone else in the world. That's what I've always wanted to have in my friendships.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 11:41:11 pm »
We have enjoyed every moment and no apologies needed. On with the show! as you said to Chris. This is xactly what we all need right now. Vamos! Amigo!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2006, 11:47:06 pm »
Danny Danny!   You already know how I feel about Lucise and Guy ...

In case others feel like we've been hugging the thread ..Sorry  :P, while the main characters are otherwise occupied, the sub-plots can get carried away.. ;)

Look for more from Indapaddock and Raphaelson, it aint over .. yet!  And ..there are still  Broken Arsed Woolen Ecstacy products to sell ..  :P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:53:44 pm by Lucise »

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2006, 11:52:10 pm »
Are you crazy to apologize for making our day, Daniel? I love the Sheep Trainer/Marketing Advisor subplot! See, I should have started to work half an hour ago, but here I sit, reading through those adventures, smiling and sometimes laughing out loud... 
Keep it going!

;D

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 12:21:17 am »

I have no life... It's kinda pathetic that I rush to get on my computer when I get home from work and click on the Home button every two minutes to see if anyone has posted anything on the PT.  I think its one of the most interesting, creative, humorous, sorrowful, loving, exasperating, and deeply emotional thing I've ever participated in....

Daniel -

You've come alive and become part of this community in a way you never were before the PT.  You have begun to use every part of your mind and heart - not just poetry and prose, but creativity and humor and lightness and fun and a panopoly of other qualities.  And you have done it in conjunction with others, not as another solitary pursuit.  So maybe this is just what was needed - a way for you to connect that is safe and wonderful and gives you a chance to be a better you.

Please don't dminish what you have done/what has happened here with an apology.  You have a life - maybe it's been a very interior one, and now it's starting to emerge ~ to sneak out of your mind and heart into the real world and into relationship with real people.  Which I can only think is a cause for celebration.  This isn't the end of an addiction - it's the beginning of a new you, and you are surrounded by people who are enjoying it as much as you. 

Maybe what you're seeing here is that your need for expression is bigger than one role on-line.  And maybe bigger than even two of them.  And that maybe there's not limit on the possibilities that this points the way toward.  I can't wait to see what'll be next for you - in the PT certainly, but also in your life.  So - don't think you need to shut down something that's just opening up here.  This is just the start of the really good stuff.

C

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)