Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196376 times)

vkm91941

Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2006, 01:26:05 am »
Daniel, Daniel Daniel if you must apologise, then apologise for your real crime, out shining us all with your creativitivty, sensitivity and your incredible acting skills.  I am far more interested in Guy and Lucise right now than in Ennis and Jack.  LOL  You are WONDERFUL, hog away, if I don't get my Guy and Lucise fix everyday I'm gonna picket!  ;)... That sub plot is the hottest thing around and it's tender and caring at the same time.  Love it!

You are not alone anymore Daniel you have connected with this community and are a vital contributing member don't you forget that your friends here won't .

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2006, 07:22:29 am »
Hey Daniel, you already know how much I love the Guy & Lucise sub-plot - i can't get enough of it! The thing is that this thread is a democratic space where all are free to post as much, or as little, as they like without fear of reprisal or judgement. If anybody (and I don't think there is anybody) objected to your 'hogging' the PT then it's really up to them to get posting and grab themselves a piece of the action. People like you keep the thread going and keep it vital and alive. I love your posts and I think your writing is fantastic - now GET TO IT 'cos I'm moving next Tuesday and won't have internet for a while, so if you leave me without even a Guy and Lucise kiss to be going on with then I will have something to say about it!!!  ;) ;D ;)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2006, 08:07:43 pm »
Ahem... two things:

1. Mel and Amanda as Snow & Sun - WHAT a double-act... farkeen brilliant!! You two have had me in stitches the last coupla days!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. The Guy & Lucise sub-plot is now pluckin' at me heart strings instead of my funny bone. I actually had a lump in my throat reading the latest developments! You guys!! I'm already weepy enough over Chris! And WHEN are we gonna get a kiss outa you two???? :D

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2006, 08:16:36 pm »
Lucise seems to have stepped out for the day. :( :( :( :(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Hopefully the last Guy post was a little funny. It was kinda intended to be.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
Hey, don't get me wrong Daniel, that wasn't meant as a criticism - quite the opposite. That last post was indeed chucklesome, but at the same time Guy's nerdiness is very touching. Hey man, that's no easy thing to pull off - kudos to you and Milli!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2006, 11:21:38 pm »
I loved Ray's addition of the snow dance/ice dance. ;D ;D ;D

(And thanks, saucy! :) )
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2006, 01:14:12 am »
I love the SNOW and SUN act too!  ;D
You ladies ..tsk tsk ..
Fancy having the SNOW piling tons of herself infront of Lucise's trailer, and refusing to melt! LOL ... excellent!

Nicky - cheers for the review!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:16:59 am by Lucise »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2006, 06:54:24 pm »
(Geez, has anyone else had their e-mail prompts for certain threads poop out on them?  I hadn't seen all these new posts in the lastr 3 days!)

Daniel and Milli, I've been loving the soap opera that is Guy and Lucise.  Don't worry about hogging the thread--just give us our fix, already.  ;D

Daniel, it's great that you've got an outlet for all that creative talent that's in there!  I was amazed myself at some of the stuff the High Priestess got me into.  This thread is the most fun thing I've seen anywhere on the net.  The more the merrier, I say.  :D

And I bow to the humor and creativity of everyone who's jumped in and made this BrokenArse place so much fun to visit, from horny hygiene products to prima donna forces of nature to wacky Feng Shui experts and smart-ass birds and beasties.  Bravissimi!!  ;D

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006, 02:20:48 am »
I just wanted to point out that this thread doesn't all have to be praise and positive feedback; if you have anything to suggest to make the performance flow smoother or more entertaining, here's the place to do it.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

vkm91941

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2006, 03:21:37 pm »
AND i just want to point out= if it ain't broke don't fix it.  I posted this on your Poll Daniel but thought I'd add it here as well....

One critical thing to remember the Production of Broke Arsed Mountain was NEVER intended to be a true telling of the story of Jack & Ennis, excuse me folks but that's already be done and far better than any of us could ever dream of telling it.  It is a joke, a parody, a caricature.

It was never supposed to be serious, It was RAY our currently absent Court Jester who started it after all,  ;)  it is a cartoon if you will, that involves not only the plot lines of the story Brokeback Mountain but the stories and sub-plots of Broke Arsed Mountain the crazy folks trying to make the movie....Get IT.  It's certainly no different than all that Fan Fiction that some folks are so addicted to that bears absolute no resemblance to Brokeback Mountain or Jack and Ennis in anyway...many of those stories put words in Ennis Del Mar's mouth that he just would NEVER have been able to say out loud if he could even have allowed himself to think them.

SO far I think everyone involved is brillant and fiercely creative.  No apologies necessary, no changes needed as far as I am concerned.   It's kind of like that Lines Visualized thread there were only a handful of folks who ever posted on it but dozens who enjoyed reading it everyday.  I personally say "Let Be" I would not change a thing.  In the climate around here the last few weeks it was and continues to be a much need ray of sunshine and good old fashioned fun.

Just my opinion