Author Topic: The Brokeback glossary: Acronyms, scene names & whatchamacallits  (Read 10050 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Brokeback glossary: Acronyms, scene names & whatchamacallits
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 01:46:35 am »
Lookin' good adiabatic!!!    ;) :) ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:47:28 am by Meryl »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 03:32:42 pm »
Reviving an old thread here... Really good to have in combination with my "Memoirs of a Brokeback Mountain Priest"... Jane, thought you would want more words from/about the Performance.

The Performance - A humor filled rendition of "Brokeback Mountain" performed by the Chez Tremblay Brokies. Also known as "Brokenarsed Mountain" or "BAM".  For many, a humorous outlet to fuel the psycho-spiritual angst brought about by the film experience.

Brokeback Mountain Cult - The pseudoserious notion maintained by several of the Chez Tremblay Brokies that devotion to Brokeback Mountain carries a religious significance, and that certain rituals, songs, and invocations can enhance or maintain that significance.  The Brokeback Mountain Cult carries its own terms and symbolisms which may be worthy of their own document, entailing such experiences that were shared by the Chez Tremblay Brokies as the Adventure of the Sacred Seven, the Tribulation, and the Revelation.

Chez Tremblay -  Literally "The house of Tremblay". The section of BetterMost established by the mass exodus from the Old Boards (TOB) or more specifically the PT posters. The Pierre Tremblay board became a temporary refuge from the ongoing troll wars at the Old Board until it was invaded by the Enemy in the waning phase of the sixth Moon of the Year of Establishment. (May, 2006 by traditional standards.) Not entirely certain about the date, most of my recollection is based on memory rather than on an accurate timekeeping record. Feel free to correct me if you know for certain.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 03:45:56 pm »
(May, 2006 by traditional standards.) Not entirely certain about the date, most of my recollection is based on memory rather than on an accurate timekeeping record. Feel free to correct me if you know for certain.

Mass Tremblayan emigration to BetterMost began on March 30th, 2006.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 04:27:48 pm »
Mass Tremblayan emigration to BetterMost began on March 30th, 2006.

Maybe we should call that the Exodus?  ;)

Precipitated by the Great Troll Uprising?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 10:56:53 pm »
There is one more nickname for the Performance Thread:  the PT.  That is the one I have been used to seeing all this time....

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you, adia!

;D

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:48:18 am by Meryl »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 01:29:18 am »
A note on the date... In that case, It should be the waxing of the fifth Moon of the Year of Establishment. (March, 2006)

Sorry I got the date wrong. That was when my computer crashed and by the time I got back up on it and went to look at my threads on TOB and PT boards, they had been slaughtered by the Enemy. Reluctantly, I was not a combatant during the terrible wars, only a victim.

My last thread on TOB (The Art Which Transcends Art) was the last of my surviving threads but it too became a victim of the Troll Wars in June, 2006 (waxing of the seventh Moon of the Year of Establishment).

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 01:32:15 am »
This is great!
(How did I miss this thread the first time around?)
anyway....

• GDBOUS - Goddamn Bitch of an Unsatisfactory Situation (spoken by Jack in the FLS).
Tell ya what, the acronym version of this, spoken phonetically, is quite satisfying, and might just come in handy in certain settings when a full rendition of the phrase could be considered inappropriate. ;D
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 01:37:26 am »
Hmm, when I say the acronym out loud it sounds like I'm saying "Get a bus" in Canadian.

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 01:40:40 am »
Hmm, when I say the acronym out loud it sounds like I'm saying "Get a bus" in Canadian.
:laugh:
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 01:50:17 am »
One more for old times sake, for those of you who can remember this from when TOB:PT came under serious fire.

The Enemy: A nameless fourteen year old troll who discovered the hidden Pierre Tremblay board and who with his accomplices mass reported every post on that board to IMDB administration, who failed to look at the posts being reported and deleted every one of them.  Also most likely responsible for preventing the IMDB rating for "Brokeback Mountain" from including it among IMDB's top 100 films (though it was there for a short period of time).