Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54647 times)

one_of_one

Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2007, 05:29:48 pm »
Hi everybody! :)

I am so, so excited and pleased that you've enjoyed Going Home!  I never, ever in a million years thought it would prove to be as popular as it has been.  My god, I thought that with writing Jack and Ennis in Scotland, I'd be writing an obscure little fic that wouldn't get much attention because it took Jack and Ennis to somewhere so far from the original.  So to say I was astounded would be an understatement!

When I was writing the four parts of the Christmas Tale I had a couple of ideas for a continuation at New Year, but couldn't make my mind up as to whether or not it would be a good idea to write more or whether I actually want to continue. Leaving it a little late, on New Years Eve I decided to go ahead and spent three days attached to my laptop!  I'm sorry I never replied to anyone's questions about a sequel, it was solely because I didn't know myself and I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up.

Anyway....

I *do* have ideas to continue this story...and I set up one or two things within the seven parts that will be explored further.  I'm not exactly sure the form it will take, one idea is to continue with the real-time theme and post chapters on special dates such as Burns Night or Valentines etc etc.  I'm not sure how that will affect parts of the plot though, so it needs a bit of thought before I finally decide. 

I really love Scottish!Jack and Ennis and am so so happy you do too. :)

H XXXXXXXXXX

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2007, 05:40:55 pm »
I *do* have ideas to continue this story...and I set up one or two things within the seven parts that will be explored further.  I'm not exactly sure the form it will take, one idea is to continue with the real-time theme and post chapters on special dates such as Burns Night or Valentines etc etc.  I'm not sure how that will affect parts of the plot though, so it needs a bit of thought before I finally decide. 

I have one thing to say... SQUEEEE!! (and I don't say that often!)

seriously Helen, what you thought was going to be an obscure fan fic turned into one of my absolute favorites.  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2007, 05:57:50 pm »
:)   Me again.

I just want to let you know what is going on with MW....sorry I didn't get it finished before Christmas as I had planned; I was ill for a couple of weeks and by the time I was writing again I only had time to write either the end of MW or my Christmas fic which had to be posted then or not at all.  Well, I think you might forgive me that I went with Going Home!   ;)

I have written chapters 16 and 17 of MW, and want to write 18 before I start posting, just to make sure I have tied everything up.  There will be an epilogue to the story which I intend to write during the time the other chapters are being posted.  All in all, with no more interruptions, it will be finished and posted within the next week to ten days. 

H XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

one_of_one

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2007, 05:58:28 pm »
I have one thing to say... SQUEEEE!! (and I don't say that often!)

seriously Helen, what you thought was going to be an obscure fan fic turned into one of my absolute favorites.  :)

I love that you love it Mandy!  Thank you :)

XXXXXXXXXX H

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2007, 06:04:47 pm »
:)   Me again.

I just want to let you know what is going on with MW....sorry I didn't get it finished before Christmas as I had planned; I was ill for a couple of weeks and by the time I was writing again I only had time to write either the end of MW or my Christmas fic which had to be posted then or not at all.  Well, I think you might forgive me that I went with Going Home!   ;)

I have written chapters 16 and 17 of MW, and want to write 18 before I start posting, just to make sure I have tied everything up.  There will be an epilogue to the story which I intend to write during the time the other chapters are being posted.  All in all, with no more interruptions, it will be finished and posted within the next week to ten days. 

H XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, it's your thread!  ;D

I have LOVED MW for like forever  :) so this is the best news ever  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2007, 06:10:22 pm »
I absolutely LOVE Scottish!Jack and Ennis too  :)  and what has made all of this 'work' for me is that you have written this in such a true and believeble way and kept them both in character wonderfully. They *are* Jack and Ennis to me, all the way   :)

I'm very excited about the real-time theme, I've loved this through out the series.  It's so original and different and I'd LOVE the special date posting   :)

Whatever you decide to do will be absolutely wonderful H  :)  I'm just SO excited and happy you're going to continue with this BEAUTIFUL story   :) You have totally made my day!  :-*

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2007, 07:55:18 pm »
I don't know if I can say I'm glad you are writing the final chapters to Modern Way, but I will be happy to read more. I think the story is coming to a natural conclusion.

And hooray for hearing more from the Scottish Jack & Ennis!

Leslie  :D

one_of_one

« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2007, 04:29:27 pm »
Chapter Sixteen is now up:

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/40571.html

Helen xxx

Leslie, you're right, it is coming to a natural conclusion.  :)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2007, 08:28:55 pm »
Hi Helen,

I just read Going Home (the Christmas part) last night and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it! I loved the island setting.

(Even though the boys are overseas, I still can't picture them with accents, however.)

On to the next part tonight!

:)
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

one_of_one

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2007, 03:20:01 pm »
This is the Modern Way

Chapter 17: Boulevard of Broken Dreams

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/41006.html