Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 136548 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Chris is critical moved to ICU***Updated News 7/26
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2006, 12:58:58 pm »
Sending all the positive energy I can from over the Pond... x

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:01:25 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13:19 pm »
That Light a Candle site is a good idea.   I lit mine and tagged it with BBM.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Light a candle for Chris
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2006, 01:26:41 pm »
I lit a candle for you Chris!  :-*

Love,
M

vkm91941

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2006, 01:30:49 pm »
I've lit two on line, a 7 day at church and 2 in my home.  Come on Chris, you can pull through this.  Charles Jacob deserves the chance to know what a truly amazing man his Daddy is.   :'(

Offline David

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2006, 01:37:52 pm »
Great Idea!     I lit mine.   Be sure to put "BBM" in the group listing

I posted this on the get well thread for Chris, but I felt that it might be appropriate to post on its own thread so everyone sees it.

This link is for a website that allows you to light a virtual candle for any reason, and write a message/prayer/thought/wish/hope, etc with it if you want to. Each candle will stay lit for 24-48 hours, and you can check back to see how far it has burned down. It's a wonderful and simple way to give voice to your prayers and wishes for Chris and his family during this time of trial. You can light as many as you want, whenever you want.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

In love and light,

Jenny

vkm91941

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2006, 01:46:19 pm »
Healing energy, love, light and life; nothing negative, no worry, no sorrow only postive loving energy coming to you Chris from me.  I love you my friend and I am wrapping you in my heart...feel me

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2006, 02:31:34 pm »

Hang in there Chris, we love you. Come on boy, you're strong.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2006, 02:48:46 pm »
I will post this message on it's own thread too...

I work with a very gifted person who does energy healing work with people around the country, though she is based in California. She has done some work with Chris this morning (on an energy level, not in person) and passed on this message that she feels is important for everyone who knows Chris to know...

What Chris needs most right now is to feel our love, to feel us holding him in love. Though it is many people's response to feel worry or concern over what he is going through, this response is making it harder for him to have something good to  hold onto anchor him here,as he fights this infection. So, she asks that to help him, we all do the following:

• Put a pillow on your lap (if you are at work and don't have a pillow, you could use a folded up sweater or jacket).
  • Visualize Chris's body imprinted on the pillow--a smaller version than his real size, so it fits on the pillow (even though we have never seen Chris, we can still visualize that it's him we are holding on our laps.).

• Then, place your hands where you imagine his heart, head, or back is, where the disk problem is, anywhere that you want to send healing. Feel your love for Chris and send this LOVE (not worry) through your hands to those parts of him.
(The reason we use a pillow for this work is because it's easier to work with sending healing and loving energy through your hands when you can rest them on something tangible, rather than putting your hands out around air and having your muscles get tired from holding them up.)

• To do this work for his back, you can put one hand underneath the pillow, and one hand on top, imagining the pillow as his torso, if that feels right. OR you can visualize him laying on his stomach and send the love to his back from the top side of the pillow, like you would if you were giving someone a back rub.

The main thing is that it will help him to feel held in love as we do this, and this is what she said he is calling out for on an energetic level. The love we send him in this way will give him an anchor, some strength and will to fight with.

Please, everyone take a few minutes today and do this for our friend. He really needs this from us.

Thank you all,

jenny
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:35:49 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Chris is critical moved to ICU***Updated News 7/26 ***This just in
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2006, 02:53:19 pm »

he has pretty progressive bacterial meningitis

I am really hoping and praying hard for him... a school friend of mine died from this - its a horrible horrible illness.

But I also know of people who have come through the bacterial meningitis lightly.

He's in the best place - and they've diagnosed early.

Perhaps we could all make a donation to a meningitis charity while making all these best wishes to Chris?

This is a great little charity website in the UK:

http://www.justgiving.com/muk/donate/
http://www.justgiving.com/mrf/donate/
http://www.justgiving.com/meningitistrust/donate/

It also has a sister site in the US.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2006, 02:54:25 pm »
I will post this message on it's own thread too...

I work with a very gifted person who does energy healing work with people around the country, though she is based in California. She has done some work with Chris this morning (on an energy level, not in person) and passed on this message that she feels is important for everyone who knows Chris to know...

What Chris needs most right now is to feel our love, to feel us holding him in love. Though it is many people's response to feel worry or concern over what he is going through, this response is not helping our friend. It is making it harder for him to have something good to hold onto as he fights this infection. So, she asks that to help him, we all do the following:

It is hard not to worry or be concerned.  But I agree that it is our positive energy he needs.
He needs our light, our prayers and energy...our positive energy!

Cheers for reminding us of that Jenny.