Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 138001 times)

vkm91941

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris**News Update * 08/01/06
« Reply #450 on: August 03, 2006, 01:14:14 am »
I am thinking of you tonight too my friend, lots of memories far too precious and private to share here with others, but when you're up to it I sent you a special e-mail, and Mandy, Hilary and Brandon too.  All the best with the move to the new hospital tomorrow.  We will all be thinking of you, I won't be here tomorrow but I will be seeing you in my dreams and sending you every good wish and all my love my friend.

I could not resist these pictures today.  They are so evocative of Charlie J for me, of those times in the not so distant future when you will take him to Texas to see Grandma and see where you grew up and YOU will teach him to ride.  When things get tough Chris think of CJ, he is your brass ring, the prize you need to keep your eyes on.  I know he is the best thing that has ever happened to you and he loves and misses his Daddy.

vkm91941

Re: Lighting Candles and Prayers for Chris (merged threads)
« Reply #451 on: August 03, 2006, 01:31:53 am »

Tonight, we join hands, hearts and souls across the land, around the globe as one large extended family to pray for our friend Chris as he prepares to move to the Rehab Hospital in Salt Lake City and to pay tribute and offer thanksgiving for his recovery and continued improvement.

Someday, we will meet Chris again and Welcome him home here to Bettermost with hugs, tears, kisses, and messages filled with smiles as we walk together again.   Until that blessed day, we honor him and his place among us and remember him with the warm glow of flickering candles, sending a message of love, light and healing, and the faith to believe in miracles.

Won’t you all please join us, join me... in lighting candles for Chris as he begins this new journey on his road to recovery and finding his way home.

vkm91941

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris**News Update * 08/01/06
« Reply #452 on: August 03, 2006, 03:01:09 am »
Got this unexpected gift when I came back from lighting candles for Chris tonight.  G*d is good, this is an everyday miracles you have all helped to bring about.  I was talking to the Physical Therapist working with my Dad today and he use to work in the University of Utah Health Sciences Spine Rehab Center in Salt Lake and he said even they called patient's like our Chris miracle men.  He was full of information that gave me hope for our friend.  Please don't give up now that Chris is on the mend he continues to need our prayers, our love, light, strength and support.  As you can see Shea is saving all our messages and greetings for him.

just wanted to give an update. they are moving chris tomorrow. hes stable and in pretty good condition. theyre hoping to let him out in two or three weeks.

i have printed out everything that has been sent to him from you guys. chris cant read right now but i have saved it all in a folder. they are going to get him an eye doctor after they move him.

please give the update. i appreciate it.

SFA

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
Re: Get Well Messages for Chris**News Update * 08/03/06!!!
« Reply #453 on: August 03, 2006, 04:35:29 am »
Holy crap!!! It's been a bit since i have been here, and what happens!!  I sat here and scrolled through ALL the posts, 3:30am here, work tomorrow...BUT i am able to go about my routine and that is not something to take lightly...too bad i have to be reminded so often that just everyday living in health and peace is a gift from Creator...

Chris...what can I say that has not already been said...you are a fighter, and  you are on your way back.We have to believe there is a reason for everything that happens to us....no religiousity here, just fact, who or whatever we believe that guides us and controls our destiny has a reason....it may be years and years for it to become clear to us....but i believe it will...

Take good care, be patient with your body...it has been pretty beat down and it will take time to heal...but you've got time...and that is also a wonderful gift....

much love and positive energy.....beside the still waters...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:38:11 am by maggiesmommy »
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #454 on: August 03, 2006, 11:12:29 am »
Good morning Chris! It's a big day for you, and we are here to embark on this new leg of your amazing journey. Can you feel us holding you in love and wishing those Julia nurses on you? I am so glad to know you are doing better and I hope you get to read these messages very soon.

On your way to Salt Lake, look for this sign! I'm sure it's there.

Make sure you follow it!

with love,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #455 on: August 03, 2006, 12:07:15 pm »

On your way to Salt Lake, look for this sign! I'm sure it's there.

Make sure you follow it!

Yes Bud, and the Road 2 Recovery is a One-way street with a permanent green light!  And no speed bumps or limits!!  :D

You keep on going! 
We are here for you ~ you are not alone!!

Lotsa love,

Milli
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:10:54 pm by Lucise »

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #456 on: August 03, 2006, 12:59:19 pm »

A little something to brighten your day... Or maybe I should say alot of someone!  Have a safe trip to Salt Lake! It's one more step on the road to recovery!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:03:28 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #457 on: August 03, 2006, 04:10:30 pm »
Jack and Ennis are really excited about your journey today Chris! They've got some messages for you:

Jack says when you're goin to Salt Lake today, "Don't let that driver start redlinin it all the way there, or even half way there, ok Chris? That rehab place ain't goin nowhere. Let it be!"

Ennis also has a message, which is, "Tell that driver to keep his eyes peeled for any curves in the road. We want cha to arrive in one piece, though you sure as hell seem in one piece to me."

And aren't we so glad of it!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:14:03 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2006, 06:01:46 pm »
I just want to say thank you, Chris, for getting me back to work on my novel again. Remember, it wasn't so long ago, just over a month, that we were chatting late at night and I told you all about the book I was writing. Well, U were so attentive and appreciative of my thoughts that I started thinking about it more and now I'm ready to go back to work on it. I ain't sayin I'm ever going to finish it, but if I do, I'm dedicating that novel to U, Chris. Thank U buddy. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #459 on: August 03, 2006, 06:49:30 pm »
Oh my God, I can't believe what I'm reading here. I'm just back from my holidays and read what happened. This is so bad. I'm really shocked and my heart goes out for you, Chris.
I can't add anything others haven't already said. But I'm thinking of you, too.
Be strong and patient. I wish you all luck, strength and love you need now.