Author Topic: COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Release  (Read 56178 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: Jan 23rd: 2-Disc Collectors Edition DVD!!
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2006, 01:10:04 am »
I wasn't going to get the collector's edition, but if the art looks anything like the French release (and the theatrical release of the movie is on the first disk), I'll get the new version and donate my old one to a library or something.

Just a day after I read about the collector's edition, Brokeback showed up in our little town's (pop. 2,500) combo dime store and Radio Shack outlet - in the full screen edition! I ordered the wide screen edition from tlavideo in advance last spring, and it arrived the very day the DVD was officially released, but I hadn't been able to locate it in full screen.

I'm going to wind up with THREE copies, I can see it coming..  8)

horo35

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2006, 01:45:21 am »
You know I just don't understand it.  Why is it everyone outside North America is getting these great versions/packaging BBM movie deals?  All we got is the Super Ultra Deluxe Special  CRAP Edition! >:(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:09:47 am by horo35 »

horo35

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2006, 02:04:08 am »
Been doing some more hunting around for info on this 2nd release.  I believe this is what the menus will look like on the new DVDs.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/brokeback-mountain4.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 02:08:15 am by horo35 »

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2006, 11:34:36 am »
Horo35.

That's the same info I got that I posted under "Don't kill the messenger." Am I suppose to fork out some more money for this?  Ain't right.  We need director's commentary and deleted scenes.

A copy of the script would be nice as wells as a map of ALberta with red dots indicating filimng locations. Ain't gonna happen, the latter part, but those woul be cool extras for their devoted fan base.   That's what I'd insert if I were puttin together the DELUXE BBM DVD. Don't know what Focus is up to.

I gotta write a letter to the producer of the film at Focus saying BBM is worth more then what your coming out with.    :'(   Maybe other's should write in as well. Don't know what good it will do. Gotta find the mailing address for Foucs. If I do, I will post it.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:35 pm »
Ack, so many beautiful versions of collector's editions and so little money!!!! I like the French one also... I already have American wide screen, American full screen, Canadian wide screen (with a fuller image on the cover, no icky gray border), the British wide screen (won't play on my DVD player, but it does have Best Film across the top of it, an honor our Academy somehow forgot to bestow).
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2006, 01:06:49 pm »
Ack, so many beautiful versions of collector's editions and so little money!!!! I like the French one also...

Me too!  Just seeing it made my heart start pounding.

I already have...the British wide screen (won't play on my DVD player, but it does have Best Film across the top of it, an honor our Academy somehow forgot to bestow).

LOL!  :laugh:  Now that's a fan.  Own a movie you can't play just for the cover.  I'd toss the gray American cover and unplayable DVD and use that.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2006, 02:35:30 pm »
I gotta write a letter to the producer of the film at Focus saying BBM is worth more then what your coming out with.  Maybe others should write in as well. Don't know what good it will do. Gotta find the mailing address for Foucs. If I do, I will post it.

Yeah, good call, KD.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2006, 03:30:01 pm »
Daniel, you collect BBM dvds issues in other countries?  That's a new one. I've heard of ppl collecting the movie poster of their favorite film in other languages. I'd like a copy of the BBM movie poster in Italian. I presume the photo is the same, just the language is different. I got the American version framed and they did a real nice job framing it.  Looks good in a black frame of course.

Here's the contact addres at FOCUS FEATURES.

100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, Ca 91608

Phone number: 818-777-7373

Maybe I should call first to find out whose attn I should direct a letter to, expressing that many view the BBM dvd (deluxe) scheduled for release is lacking on many extras, especially in comparison to what is for sale in Taiwan.   Laura, you wanta call?  ;)    If they plan on waiting longer for a director's cut, it won't be as financially lucrative as interest will start to wane.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 09:52:49 pm by Kd5000 »

horo35

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2006, 08:15:09 pm »
    If they plan on waiting longer for a director's cut, it won't be as financially lucrative as interest will start to wane.

That's true, already my interest is falling.  Basically I'm looking forward to a possible Alberta get-together next year than thats pretty much it for me. Then I'm done with the BBM thing.  Even with this crummy copy that is coming out in Jan I'm wondering if I should really buy it?  I'm beginning to just not care anymore.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:19:49 pm by horo35 »

mvansand76

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »
That's true, already my interest is falling.  Basically I'm looking forward to a possible Alberta get-together next year than thats pretty much it for me. Then I'm done with the BBM thing.  Even with this crummy copy that is coming out in Jan I'm wondering if I should really buy it?  I'm beginning to just not care anymore.

Oh no, don't let it get that far!  :o