Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88666 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2006, 01:51:39 pm »
This is so weird but I was just reading this thread and I'm so excited for all of you. You're going to have an awesome time!!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2006, 02:04:43 pm »
I know! So unfair, right? But I hope you guys have a briliant time and I will be thinking about all the fun you are having while I am stuck in my boring house.

Any chance any of you are free to come up to Niagra Falls on the 28th/30th of May? You know to do some fishin' in the falls, I am sure all of the tourists won't mind!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2006, 02:46:32 pm »
I'm getting my train tickets tomorrow! Yeehaw!  ;D

Me too!   I'm going to drive over to my local station and buy my tickets for Saturday.

Jeff,  I'll be arriving at Penn station at 10:50 AM on the #195 train.   You are coming in around the same time right?    Want me to wait for you?

David

David, that would be nice! Thanks! (Especially if you know Manhattan better than me. ...  ;) )

I'm hoping to arrive about that time. I'll confirm after I get the tickets.

I'll be the one in the black cowboy hat.  :)

I'm getting started. Bid the sheep farewell already. Told them I'd be away for a while. Damn them.
I'll see ya guys and gals on saturday!!! I'm the one with no cowboy hat on.

8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:37:53 pm by Pipedream »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2006, 03:08:19 pm »
Have a safe Flight!   We'll all see you Saturday!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2006, 05:45:55 pm »
David, you're coming in on Amtrak, too, aren't you? So we're both arriving at Penn Station?

It wouldn't do to have one of us waiting at Penn Station and the other at Grand Central, would it?

:D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2006, 06:29:50 pm »
Jeff:   Yes, I'm coming in on Amtrak #195 into Penn Station.   

It is just over a mile from the Brunch site I believe.   Penn Station is on 8th Ave which runs south right down to Hudson  street.  About a block from 10th Ave where Cowgirl is I think.    We could walk the mile or so, or take a cab.   I don't like the NY subway system.   I've seen too many bad movies I guess!   LOL.

I know that Anke (Pipedream) wanted to see some of NY too.   After Brunch I was thinking we could head back up towards Penn Station, then go East 3 blocks to the Empire State Building,  Macys,  Times Square is impressive too.     

That would also put us near the Train station to catch our respective return trains as well.   Mine leaves at 8:00 pm.

David

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2006, 07:17:58 pm »
I will reconfirm the reservation this week as requested.

For those arriving from Penn Station, if you don't want to cab it, the subway is incredibly safe - I take it every weekday, heck, Heath takes it to and from Brooklyn all the time.   ;D

Take the A, C, or E lines, located in Penn Station to the West 4th Street Station. Walk on West 4th Street and cross 7th Avenue going WEST to West 10th Street (make sure you ask someone which way is west, the West Village can be a bit confusing if you don't know it). Take West 10th Street to Hudson Street. Cowgirl is on the north-west corner of Hudson Street and West 10th Street (not 10th Avenue).   

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2006, 08:18:42 pm »
We can play it by ear, I guess. If the weather is nice, it might be nice to walk it. It's been a dozen years at least, but I bet if I started from the intersection of Greenwich and Christopher I could still find my way around the West Village.

I'm probably going to see if I can get a train around 8 p.m. also. And I have a personal mission to check out the Leatherman, on Christopher Street, while I'm so close. There are ... er ... some things I need. ...  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2006, 08:56:16 pm »
Jeff and David, you can also take the Number 1 train on the IRT down to Christopher Street and be quite close to our brunch site.  :D

Amy, thanks for confirming the reservation!  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2006, 03:07:27 pm »
Yeehaw! This is happening! I just made my train reservation!

Arriving Penn Station, train #644, 10:56 a.m.

I decided to return to Philadelphia a little early.

Departing Penn Station, train #135, 6:05 p.m.

(That's probably about all the New York I can handle at this point!)

And Hoboken Jeff tells me I can grits at the Cowgirl! Yeehaw! :D