Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88714 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
You are all too good to me! Guess I just have to turn nasty again to stop this torrent of praise...

Dang, the more often I listen to it myself, the more ideas I get what could have been done better, what else from the movie I could have sneaked in, etc.; Alas, now it is how it is, and I still feel a bit uncomfortable with my face right on the front page of BetterMost. For the first time I am actually glad that hardly anybody I know has seen this movie and it is very unlikely that they might stumble across this website. But then, it’s probably only a matter of time…

Thank you for giving me something I can show off to all the people in my life about how cool all my brokie friends are, and most of all thank you for making me seem like a normal person instead of the bumbling idiot I felt like during our interview! Yeehaaw! I am going to bed tonight with a huge smile plastered all over my face. I love us!

Jenny, your contribution with the harmonica was crucial to this project. It just made it so much more entertaining (just as Meryl's beautiful words above all others' made it deep and meaningful)! And you really didn’t sound like a bumbling idiot. On the contrary!

Ditto to what everyone has said....Anke you're amazing and that clip is fantastic!  Even having been there, it captured it in such a sweet, imaginative way.  I'm so glad you made it over.  I'm not even gonna complain that my voice sounds soooo gay, even though it does.

Haha, Juan! I know some people who sound gay. But you are definitely not among them…  :-*

Thanks for sharing this with us.  I asked my husband to listen to the audio report.  He said “Looks like you are not the craziest one out there.”

Hey JennyC, did your husband have any reason to assume that you are the craziest out there?  ::) Well he surely hasn’t spent much time on these forums, has he?  ;)

Sitting here with quiet tears rolling down my cheeks.  What a beautiful legacy Brokeback Mountain has left us.
What a wonderful audio project.  Anke, you truly are a gem. 

Stop this, Ray!  When I hear I made people cry, I always have to cry myself. And I’ve already had my share of crying today (first time I watched the second half of Brokeback Mountain in the original English version on dvd… ); Thanks for the "gem"...

Anke, the audio file is pretty cool. Even my dog liked it

That cracked me up, Penthesilea! Now I am really assured of having delivered a piece of quality work! Don’t I deserve a “Danke, Anke!” for making your dog happy?

;)

Btw, Meryl, did you recognize the original NYC-Subway in the audio?

8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:12:38 pm by Pipedream »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »
Yay!     Jenny's shirt arrived today!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 03:38:58 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2006, 03:40:06 pm »
WOW!
 ;D

How cool is the clip Anke!! (cool voice!)

And to hear what you all sound like! (Juan - You so don't have a gay voice and David - not what I expected in your voice!)

Lovin' the harmonica Jenny - you are VERY good.. glad it wasn't broken!!  :laugh:

And you have such a cute voice - I can totally hear you saying what you type now!

I hope there is many Brokie Brunches to come!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2006, 04:15:51 pm »
Oh, Kelda, thanks! *blushing*

I'll definitely take the "cute voice" compliment, but I don't know about the very good on the harmonica part! They were telling me I better quiet down or I'd run them sheep off!

What I'd give to hear your accent! OMG! I love Scottish brouges!!

And David, I've been thinking about you and the shirt all day, wondering if it had arrived. thanks for posting the pic, friend! How do you like it? It really isn't that orange in person, folks. More of a pumpkin-y caramel.

Finally, all the gay voice, schmay voice stuff is bringing me down. We sound like ourselves! I'm over the judgements.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2006, 04:22:09 pm »
So who knows their westerns?

Two mules for ... ...

;D  Answers on a postcode to Riverton Post Office, Wyoming

Anke, that is a wonderful audio file. You've made a beautiful record of the brunch. I loved meeting you all. Juan, you do not sound gay (since it seems to bother you) and Jenny, that's some great harmonica playing. *claps again*. :)

((((meryl)))) you're the bestest.  :-*

Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2006, 04:27:13 pm »
Thanks Sarah!!

Two mules for ... ...

Sorry, I obviously don't know my westerns. When I hear "Two mules", I must automatically think of soup boxes... Lol.

;D

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2006, 04:28:58 pm »
"Two mules for sister Sarah" !!

Anke, you are thinking of "Dumbass Mules!"    Ha ha ha!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2006, 04:42:07 pm »

Two mules for ... ...

;D  Answers on a postcode to Riverton Post Office, Wyoming

HUNH?
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2006, 04:46:32 pm »

"Two mules for sister Sarah" !!

That's the one, David. :D  Of course, Sister Sarah was not all she appeared to be.  :o

That is one very cool T-shirt 8)

Anke, I forget to say how lovely your daughter is.

HUNH?

*points to David's post*  What he said. It's a Clint Eastwood film...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 04:50:21 pm by Two_mules »
Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
Don’t I deserve a “Danke, Anke!” for making your dog happy?

Not one, but two of them: one from me and one from my dog:
Danke, Anke!
Danke, Anke!

But be careful ever meeting my dog: he kisses everybody he likes. And now you're sure on his  list  :)

I had to think for a few minutes where the expression "Danke, Anke" comes from. It's from "Die Wochenshow" with Anke Egelke and that guy with the big nose. Lück, Ingolf Lück is his name. I barely remembered that show, but the expression is still very vivid.

And I’ve already had my share of crying today (first time I watched the second half of Brokeback Mountain in the original English version on dvd… )
It's even better in English, isn't it? Especially Jack's voice is much more poignant in the sad scenes. The after divorce-scene. The tears come pouring...