Author Topic: "Brokeback Got Me Good" - A Fiction About Seeing The Film  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Figure skating is not figure jumping! - Ilia Kulik
    • Balletic Tzar
"Brokeback Got Me Good" - A Fiction About Seeing The Film
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:21:33 pm »
As some of you may know, I first got interested in this film because I was writing a bisexual Russian teenager in an online soap opera (cheesy I know). I have previously posted what I've written involving Brokeback Mountain on IMDB but that was even before the Oscars, and since then I have updated a little. It kind of comes in the middle of his life. But the biography below can help you understand what he's been through.

Below is a link to the passages concerning the character of Danil Andropov and how his life changed by seeing Brokeback Mountain. I know it's not directly related to the characters or anything but I know there is a little bit of interest here, so I hope it's all right if I still post it here. If not, then the moderators may delete it.

Thanks again. This is a wonderful forum.

(short biography of Danil Andropov)

http://anyaangie.proboards61.com/index.cgi?board=profiles&action=display&thread=1139123441&page=1

(actual passages concerning Brokeback Mountain)

http://anyaangie.proboards61.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1139235748&page=1

I know it's not Pulitzer material, but I'm just doing what feels right at the moment. :) I hope you like it... mind you I'm a little nervous, so please bear with me!
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold...

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • Balletic Tzar
Re: "Brokeback Got Me Good" - A Fiction About Seeing The Film
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:01:20 pm »
For those interested, I added a new passage.

This latest part (at the bottom of the page on the link I posted earlier) has Danil's brother getting a revelation such as that in "A Christmas Carol" with him being shown a probable future in an effort to get him to change. It succeeds (though I haven't written that part yet).

It's rather brutal... though not as descriptive as it could be. Just the same, hope those interested enjoy it.

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • Balletic Tzar
Re: "Brokeback Got Me Good" - A Fiction About Seeing The Film
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 04:46:23 pm »
I did some MAJOR remodelling at the site recently. It looks more professional and organized, and I made the image logo myself!

I have moved the thread I posted earlier. This is the new link:

http://anyaangie.proboards61.com/index.cgi?board=past&action=display&thread=1139235748

I moved it because I got a new member, and we're moving things up so they take place in the present day, instead of December '05. So I created this Past Scenes board to post scenes that take place in the past year and before then.

I also edited the last part I posted, in a big way. I think it's much better now. Keep an eye out for further updates!