Author Topic: Story line you wish made it into the film...  (Read 9988 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Story line you wish made it into the film...
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 11:27:09 am »
Naturally I wish more of the love scenes had made it into the film. Especially the tent scene with the hail. But I also wish there had been a scene before Alma Jr. announced her upcoming wedding, where Ennis was at a bar and looking at the pool players. And maybe when he got up to go to the bathroom, one of the pool players could come up and say, "Just finished my shift. Wanna go fishin?" LOL!

That could also bookend the scene where Jack is rebuffed by the rodeo clown!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 11:38:42 am »
I just saw Brokeback mountain on stage this weekend in Amsterdam and the way the actor who played Jack delivered the line "That's one a the two things I need right now (dat is een van de twee dingen die ik nu nodig heb)", with so much love and seduction in his voice made me realise again how much I love that sentence in the book and how much I miss it in the movie.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 12:13:03 pm »
I just reread the book, I read it after I saw the film about two times and I didn't much like it, so different from the film.

But now that I know the film so well, I went back and I now truly love the story too.

Anyway I would have surely liked to hear 'this ain't no little think that's happinen here' in the film.

But I really love the last sentence of the story 'There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe......."

I wish that was clearly shown in the film somehow, or turned into a line that was said.  To me the line isn't just about how Jack died, but in fact  about almost everything between them.