Author Topic: Where did you FIRST hear/read about Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 11517 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: Where did you FIRST hear/read about Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 04:19:16 pm »
About 1999 I read the short story in Annie Proulx's collection of Wyoming stories. I was immediately moved, but I put it aside and pretty much forgot about it until I heard that a screenplay had been written. WOW, I thought but who's goona green light this puppy? I reread the short story several times before 2006 when I first saw the movie. I think that "BBM" the short story is just about the most perfect short story I have ever read. The movie only makes it so much better.....I finally got to see those Lodgepole pines. the bridge, the creek, the tent.....

mvansand76

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 04:46:52 pm »
About 1999 I read the short story in Annie Proulx's collection of Wyoming stories. I was immediately moved, but I put it aside and pretty much forgot about it until I heard that a screenplay had been written. WOW, I thought but who's goona green light this puppy? I reread the short story several times before 2006 when I first saw the movie. I think that "BBM" the short story is just about the most perfect short story I have ever read. The movie only makes it so much better.....I finally got to see those Lodgepole pines. the bridge, the creek, the tent.....

....and here you are on Bettermost! Welcome!  :D
Thank you for posting and I hope you have a great time here...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 04:27:22 pm »
thankyou Snavel, Bettermost is a great site. I really enjoy the dialog and will try to visit the site whenever I'm near my laptop. Sometimes, I "forget" to pack the laptop when I want to get into the forest and hike.

mvansand76

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »
thankyou Snavel, Bettermost is a great site. I really enjoy the dialog and will try to visit the site whenever I'm near my laptop. Sometimes, I "forget" to pack the laptop when I want to get into the forest and hike.

Well, anytime you can get online you are more than welcome here, to lurk or to post or both!  ;)

Mel