Author Topic: HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!  (Read 23482 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 02:20:07 pm »
That's not an excuse, Missy!  And as for Mikaela, I've made her an appointment with the school psychologist for tomorrow.  Gah, fangirls!  ::)  ;D

To borrow Perf thread notation:

%% I expected this to not go over well on the Heath Heath Heath lovefest thread, but it just blew by, eclipsed by the "Is it Heathcliff, or just Heath" subplot.  I thought here on this thread it would be observed in a dispassionate, analytical manner. %%

* Fine, send me to my room, I'll just watch my TiVoed Ten Things and Knight's Tale. *

(( Stomps upstairs, slams door loudly, flomps down on bed with TiVo remote. ))

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2006, 03:07:25 pm »
To borrow Perf thread notation:

%% I expected this to not go over well on the Heath Heath Heath lovefest thread, but it just blew by, eclipsed by the "Is it Heathcliff, or just Heath" subplot.  I thought here on this thread it would be observed in a dispassionate, analytical manner. %%

* Fine, send me to my room, I'll just watch my TiVoed Ten Things and Knight's Tale. *

(( Stomps upstairs, slams door loudly, flomps down on bed with TiVo remote. ))

::)  ::)    %% WHAT- EVARRR! %%    ::)  ::)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

vkm91941

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 09:31:51 am »
Here's the latest on this rumor as of today on IMdB

Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?

Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

Seems the rumor mill has all the Oscar, SAG and GG nominees staring in major roles in the new Batman.  Even IMdB is posting it all as a question?????????????

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2006, 09:55:12 am »
Seems the rumor mill has all the Oscar, SAG and GG nominees staring in major roles in the new Batman.  Even IMdB is posting it all as a question?????????????

Well, this must be a good sign, hunh? I assume they've seen the script or somehow know the movie will be good.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2006, 06:37:33 pm »
Here's the latest on this rumor as of today on IMdB

Phillippe Lands Two-Face Role?
Ryan Phillippe may be set to take over from Tommy Lee Jones after reportedly landing the role of Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel. Reese Witherspoon's husband will join Heath Ledger, who has signed on to play The Joker, and new Batman Christian Bale in The Dark Knight. Crash star Phillippe beat Liev Shreiber and Josh Lucas to the role of the scheming district attorney, played by Jones in 1995 movie Batman Forever, according to internet reports. Academy Award winners Sir Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have also joined the cast, while fellow Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to play The Penguin in the new film.

Not good news if true.  Many things ruined the other Batman run, one of which was loaded casts where you had many good people, but little screen time, so you got little characterization other than cardboard.  The sound of all these wonderful people up for roles gives me a bad feeling.

I was hoping the Joker would be played dark - a real person, a psychopath with a sick black sense of humor, not some clown in makeup.  Since when does someone who likes to play jokes have to dress like a clown?

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2006, 06:57:46 pm »
I was hoping the Joker would be played dark - a real person, a psychopath with a sick black sense of humor, not some clown in makeup.  Since when does someone who likes to play jokes have to dress like a clown?

I agree completley, that's the same thing I was hoping.  I also don't like the sound of the villain overload... stick with one, maybe two villians.  That's one of the reasons the original Batman and Batman Begins worked so well and the others didn't as far as I'm concerned  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 09:42:39 pm »
Ryan Phillippe seems like a rather bland choice for the Harvey Dent role compared to Liiev Schreiber.  I wonder how that came about.  ???
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2006, 09:54:54 pm »
Ryan Phillippe seems like a rather bland choice for the Harvey Dent role compared to Liiev Schreiber.  I wonder how that came about.  ???

That's what I was about to say.  He sure ain't no Tommy Lee Jones.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2006, 01:50:44 am »
Also, I'll have to say, I'm almost as worried for Christopher Nolan as I am for Heath. I loved Memento. I thought Insomnia was really good. Why does it seem that creative interesting directors tend to slip into comic-book mode after they've made a couple of well-respected films? Is it the lure of money, or the challenge, or what?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2006, 02:17:59 am »
Why does it seem that creative interesting directors tend to slip into comic-book mode after they've made a couple of well-respected films? Is it the lure of money, or the challenge, or what?

We could ask Ang. :)