Author Topic: 7 questions on Easter  (Read 16830 times)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: 7 questions on Easter
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »
The Easter Bilby?  I think not.  It looks like the Easter Bunny had a drunken night with an anteater.

Yes, the love child of the Easter Bunny and an anteater.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »
I got 6 out of 7, missing the last one.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »
I scored three out of seven, a pretty poor showing! This question made me laugh: "For many children, Easter's religious associations are overshadowed by its more modern, cultural ones." and then it goes on about the Easter Bunny. These "more modern" associations are actually the more ancient ones that were adopted by the early Christians to make Christianity more palatable to the general masses.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »
I got 6 out of 7. I had no idea about the kite flying.
I did have an advantage with the Bilby. For many years our family have given each other Easter chocolate bilbies not bunnies. Remember that in Australia and New Zealand, rabbits are a menace with many methods including diseases being introduced to wipe them out but you only need to leave 2 and they rapidly multiply. All because some silly Englishmen wanted to introduce sport back in the 19th Century. The same goes for foxes.
Money from  the sale of cholcolate bilbies goes to conservation. I think they are cute although I have ony seen them in cages.