Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 137130 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2009, 05:51:43 pm »
Shanna Moakler Resigns as Miss California Pageant Director

The day after Carrie Prejean was told she could keep her Miss California crown, Shanna Moakler has resigned, she confirms to Usmagazine.com exclusively.

"Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization," Moakler tells Us.

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she continues. "I want to be a role model for young woman with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/shanna-moakler-resigns-as-miss-california-pageant-director/22472?nc

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #401 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:06 pm »
Shanna Moakler Resigns as Miss California Pageant Director

The day after Carrie Prejean was told she could keep her Miss California crown, Shanna Moakler has resigned, she confirms to Usmagazine.com exclusively.

"Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization," Moakler tells Us.

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she continues. "I want to be a role model for young woman with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/shanna-moakler-resigns-as-miss-california-pageant-director/22472?nc

Oh, God. ...  :P  Off topic and pedantic, I know, but did she really issue a written statement that used the phrase "a clear conscious"? If she doesn't know the difference between conscious and conscience, then not only does she need to resign her position with the pageant, she needs to go back to grammar school. Aaargh!  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #402 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:58 pm »
might have been a bad transcript, who knows?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2009, 07:10:15 pm »
Oh, God. ...  :P  Off topic and pedantic, I know, but did she really issue a written statement that used the phrase "a clear conscious"? If she doesn't know the difference between conscious and conscience, then not only does she need to resign her position with the pageant, she needs to go back to grammar school. Aaargh!  :P

So, you're saying you never had an unclear conscious?  Not even a little bit blurry?

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:23 pm »
Nope, as long as he's getting publicity, it's all A-OK with him. And I imagine he's rather fond of her cutlets.   ::)

The Donald's response was expected.  I was rather appalled though unsurprised at his admission that he liked semi-nude photos of 17 year olds and what else he said was just as ridiculous, something about, "if she wasn't so beautiful no one would care..."

::)

But it's his show.  It's his decision to make.  And yes, I agree, the more publicity, the better he likes it.

I did like Miss Nevada, who was stripped of her crown for her racy pics, going on E! and stating that there was an obvious double-standard going on.

injest

« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:01 pm »
might have been a bad transcript, who knows?

how very tolerant of you! no comments on her lack of intelligence? oh wait....she is expressing the 'correct' attitude so mistakes are allowed... ;)

retropian

« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2009, 09:34:56 pm »
I don't think Bettermost is the appropriate forum for using homophobic slurs.

Indeed.

A man who will go out in public in a Hello Kitty showercap ain't nothin' but a clown. A screaming queen who goes out in public in a Hello Kitty shower cap is just a pathetic attention hog. Christian right or no Christian right. Unfortunately for Mario, the only way he can hold onto his position in the entertainment industry is by constantly debasing himself and being ever the provocateur.

Why not just call him a Faggot? No Homophobia on Bettermost my ass. I do agree however, that Perez Hilton is an obnoxious attention whore.

injest

« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2009, 09:36:56 pm »
Why not just call him a Faggot? No Homophobia on Bettermost my ass. I do agree however, that Perez Hilton is an obnoxious attention whore.
so does that make YOU homophobic?

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2009, 02:14:53 am »
Why not just call him a Faggot? No Homophobia on Bettermost my ass.

Why not just put words in my mouth?? I hate that shit!! I choose my words carefully. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. I stand behind my comments. That's how real men argue. They don't go around putting words in people's mouths. If you're going to get all up in my grill, then do it based on what I actually said, not what you feel I "really" meant. That kind of behavior is more in line with the bitchiness that Hilton dishes out.

Again, there is a big difference between homophobia, and a distaste for attention-grabbing, screaming queens. If you can't see that difference, then you are supporting the idea that homosexual men and effeminacy are synonymous.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2009, 03:05:20 am »
I suppose if you can refer to Hilton as a whore, one could refer to him as a faggot. What is the difference, Retropian? Both words are as disparaging.

Brad