Author Topic: "Outrage" - Documentary Outs Gay Politicians Who Fight Gay Rights  (Read 26069 times)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: "Outrage" - Documentary Outs Gay Politicians Who Fight Gay Rights
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 01:45:28 am »
prostitution is not a crime everywhere.  It is legal in some parts of the US as well as some countries in Europe.  In Germany they belong to a union and have full union benefits and health care.

In my country, prostitution is a crime. The men who take office in my country understand that legality implicitly. They have no excuse.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

injest

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 07:01:18 am »
In my country, prostitution is a crime. The men who take office in my country understand that legality implicitly. They have no excuse.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so when they get horny and call up a whore, they are not confused they are in Germany?? You must have very very SMART politicians where you live...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 12:11:50 pm »

not in Nevada it isn't, except in Las Vegas.  Not in Rhode Island it isn't.

In the United States, each state has the power to decide whether or not prostitution is legal in that state or part of that state. In all but two U.S. states (Nevada and Rhode Island), the buying and selling of sexual services is illegal and usually classified as a misdemeanor.

In Rhode Island (see Prostitution in Rhode Island), the act of prostitution (performing sexual activity in exchange for money) is legal because there is no law to define it and make it illegal, however operating a brothel, pimping and street prostitution are illegal. Prostitution is not regulated in any way.

In Nevada (see Prostitution in Nevada) there are legal brothels in 8 out of the 16 counties. Prostitution is prohibited by state law in counties with over 400,000 residents (only Clark County which contains Las Vegas meets this number); counties with under 400,000 residents may choose either to allow the licensing of brothels or to prohibit all forms of prostitution. Prostitution outside licensed brothels is illegal throughout the state (which means that, contrary to popular belief, prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and its metropolitan area). Currently 4 Nevada counties and the independent city of Carson City prohibit brothels, 1 county neither permits nor forbids the licensing of brothels (and has no brothels), 3 counties allow brothels but at present have none and 8 counties have active brothels in some areas or cities.

(from Wiki)

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 12:16:33 pm »
I'm really surprised more people didn't know about prostitution being legal in most of Nevada, since there was that big right-wing media brouhaha claiming that Obama was supplying stimulus money to run a light rail system from Disneyland to the "Moonlite Bunny Ranch" brothel.

Maybe the fact that there's a Moonlite Bunny Ranch outside of Carson City - and it has no rabbits in it - eluded a few folks.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »
I'm really surprised more people didn't know about prostitution being legal in most of Nevada, since there was that big right-wing media brouhaha claiming that Obama was supplying stimulus money to run a light rail system from Disneyland to the "Moonlite Bunny Ranch" brothel.

Maybe the fact that there's a Moonlite Bunny Ranch outside of Carson City - and it has no rabbits in it - eluded a few folks.

My God, I thought everybody, at least in the U.S., knew that prostitution is legal in (at least parts of) Nevada.  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 03:03:38 pm »
My God, I thought everybody, at least in the U.S., knew that prostitution is legal in (at least parts of) Nevada.  :o

how could they have missed it??  I thought it was legal in Atlantic City as well, I'll have to check that.  Maybe that's just gambling.

ETA: Nope.  No legal sex for sale in Atlantic City, just the gambling.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 04:19:27 pm »
Hey, this movie opens May 8thStar Trek will have to wait, LOL!  Who wants to go with me? (No talking during the film and I like to sit up close, ;))

Whatever happened to truth and honesty? (like someone in the trailer says.)
Aren't THOSE some of the values that should be encouraged in the people we elect to represent us?  The men profiled in the film actively worked against gay rights yet are gay themselves.  (According to the trailer anyway.  That's all I can go on, right now.)  I think it's our duty to out them so that their hypocrisy is exposed.   The same way pothead politicos who work against the decriminalisation of pot smoking, should be outed.   There isn't much of an issue here as far as I'm concerned.  They've made their beds as the saying goes.

Besides, I doubt any of the men in the film are REALLY being outed. I don't think Kirby Dick wants to get sued.  By rich connected people, lol!  I mean, Ed Koch is one of them and he's been out for a while and was even in SHORTBUS.  Dick (hehehe as Will's Jack would say) is also the director of THIS FILM NOT YET RATED.  Another excellent film that exposes homophobia (yes it's everywhere) and  hypocrisy, this time in Hollywood's marketing department, the MPAA.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »
and yeah, I do consider prostitutes to be untrustworthy...especially where money is involved. If they are willing to let some guy pee on them for a fiver, I can't imagine lying thru their teeth is gonna really be that much of a leap out of their moral comfort zone...

Damn whores are soooo untrustworthy & dishonest.  Unlike those pillars of society, Politicians,  bankers and CEOs... ::) 

(It just occurred to me, they are the ones pissing on those dishonest whores, lol!)

PS: Brad Pitt can give me a golden shower anytime, free of charge. ;)   :laugh:

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 02:15:48 am »

PS: Brad Pitt can give me a golden shower anytime, free of charge. ;)   :laugh:

:o

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2009, 02:16:42 am »
This is opening in SF on May 08th...

It should just be a free download off the net....and highly circulated and emailed.