Author Topic: Kelly McGillis, "Top Gun" Star, Comes Out  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Kelly McGillis, "Top Gun" Star, Comes Out
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 02:11:42 pm »
When I told my mother, she claimed to already know.  ???

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:45 pm »
Another Hollywood Star Comes Out

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518463,00.html

PHOTOS: Lesbian and bisexual stars in Hollywood.

I never heard about Angelina Jolie either!!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 08:28:47 pm »
When I told my mother, she claimed to already know.  ???

Its funny you say that, because as I said in my post, "I am not that surprised at all"......maybe your Mum and I have seen something else or read something else, about Kelly McGillis, that initiated the same thoughts.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 08:45:10 pm »

I never heard about Angelina Jolie either!!

She's been quite a lesbian/ bi- icon for a long time.  Not surprisingly, given her public personality, in the past she's been quite vocal about her bisexual identity.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 11:00:42 pm »
She's been quite a lesbian/ bi- icon for a long time.  Not surprisingly, given her public personality, in the past she's been quite vocal about her bisexual identity.

And both her and Brad dont just talk the talk on issues that are important to them.....the do walk the walk.

I have read on several occassions, that the reason they have not formally married, is because they would prefer not to, until everyone else has the right to.

I admire them enormously.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 02:03:14 pm »

Icon? Well, to each their own. I think nothing positive about AJ, myself.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 02:04:28 pm »
And both her and Brad dont just talk the talk on issues that are important to them.....the do walk the walk.

I have read on several occassions, that the reason they have not formally married, is because they would prefer not to, until everyone else has the right to.

I admire them enormously.

Well, according to the tabloids at the checkout at the grocery store this morning, he's moved out and taken all the kids. I find nothing to admire about either of them, but that's me.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »
Well, according to the tabloids at the checkout at the grocery store this morning, he's moved out and taken all the kids. I find nothing to admire about either of them, but that's me.

L

The tabloids say that every month though.  I'm waiting for it to actually be true in the sense of them breaking up.  Last I saw she was making a movie so Brad was in charge of the kids, moving them from one house to another.  So I guess one could call that 'Brad moving out and taking the kids".

I find plenty to admire about Angelina.  She's the real thing according to even conservative writers and most everyone who has met her regarding her international refugee work.  She's also one of the best actresses of our time and a woman who is obviously compassionate and says what she thinks and not only talks the talk but walks the walk.

Brad I find less admirable, despite his talent as an actor.  He was emotionally a shit to his ex-wife.  But he's trying to improve his image in his charity work.

Jennifer Aniston has said and it's been published that she's trying to be friends with her ex- she won't even speak of Angelina.  But it was Brad who dumped her and treated her cruel.  ???

Sadly stereotypical.  The so-called 'other woman' is the enemy, not the lousy, "lacking an emotional chip" ex-husband.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:41:48 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Katie77

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 06:14:43 pm »

L

Well if we believed everything in the Tabloids, they would have been divorced about six times, Demi Moore would have had six pregnancies, as would Reece Witherspoon, Heath would have had three illegitimate kids, Britney Speers would have done herself in...etc etc....

I'm surprised at you Leslie, for even quoting the tabloids.

I have seen programmes on TV when Angelina is speaking with the United Nations, and she is a very intelligent woman and speaks with conviction. The fact that she is an actor, or married to Brad Pitt, is irrelevant to her causes, except that it gives her the money and the exposure to highten the exposure to these causes.

If there were a lot more Angelina Jolie's in the world, it would be a better place.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 09:26:06 pm »
I think Angellina has matured and improved since her younger days which is a good thing--to be able to progress in life. Sometimes, being in the limelight, it's harder to live down one's past.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~