Author Topic: What Would You Do IF: (short one!)  (Read 7033 times)

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: What Would You Do IF: (short one!)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 05:26:57 am »
You won the lottery:  If a significant amount, share with family and friends, put the rest in the bank and ponder on it for a while.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend:  Be totally upset, never see either again.

You saw someone hitchiking on highway:  Nothing.  Don't own a car so would only see them from the bus or bike I was riding.

You caught a friend stealing from you:  Say nothing but never invite them over again.  It would probably ruin the friendship too.

You witnessed a murder:  Make sure I was safe, then call the police.

A random stranger offered you ice cream:  Thank them but decline.

You learned your best friend has a crush on you:  Be embarrassed, but do nothing.  I'd feel awkward for a while too.

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$:  Hand it over to the police.  It's not mine.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: What Would You Do IF: (short one!)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:19 am »

You won the lottery: Give cash gifts to my loved ones and buy the house of his choice for one particular friend. I would purchase several hundred acres of secluded New South Wales coastland, where I would build my dream home high on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I would also purchase the entire top floor of the highest skyscraper in the centre of Sydney, with stunning harbour views.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: This is too close for comfort. I would completely disown the "friend."  I would refuse to have any contact with him whatsoever. From that moment on, he would no longer exist. As for my boyfriend, however, well, that's an entirely different matter. I am presuming I love him, so I would probably make a complete fool of myself, burst into tears and ask him "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" If I loved him, I'd most probably forgive him and take him back, leaving myself open to further heartbreak when he strays again. If I didn't love him and it was just a sexual thing, I would tell him to bugger off outa my life!

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: I wouldn't pick him/her up. There have been too many gristly murders here in Oz. (Google "Ivan Milat")

You caught a friend stealing from you: It would depend on the friend. I'd probably be more hurt than angry. I'd ask him why he didn't come to me so we could talk it over together, to see if I could loan him the money. I'd probably have trouble trusting him in future. There's more than one way to steal from someone, though. For example, a friend once asked me to loan him several thousand dollars. Once he had the money, he seemed to forget all about the loan. I asked him to repay the loan several times, but he never did. Needless to say we're no longer friends.

You witnessed a murder: Report it to the police.

A random stranger offered you ice cream: Politely decline, explaining I am lactose intolerant - which is the truth.

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: I am guessing I "learned" this through gossip via a mutual friend? In which case, there has been no confirmation with the lovestruck friend himself, so I would just ignore it and carry on as usual.   

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: Without hesitation, I would hand it in to the police. It could be the life savings of an elderly pensioner, who needs the money for a lifesaving operation (that's what I would be imagining - wouldn't be able to live with myself if I kept it). Having said that, however, I would be sure to get an itemized receipt from the police. In Australia, the finder of such lost property gets the money if it is not claimed after a certain period of time.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν