Author Topic: Would You Allow Something Like This In Your Car To Save Money?  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Would You Allow Something Like This In Your Car To Save Money?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 02:50:07 am »
My life's an open book. I have nothing to hide. Install away.  :D

We have a major problem with probationary drivers here in Oz. The death toll is particularly high in that group. They pile up their cars with friends and drive off into the night, tanked-up on booze, and end up wrapping themselves around a power pole. Roadside shrines have become quite common here.  :'(  Recently in the media there was the trial of a young chap whose only mistake was to go out for the night with some of his friends. He wasn't a criminal. He wasn't a gangster. He wasn't a drunk. Alas, however, he was a young, inexperienced driver and he killed all three of his friends, who were passengers in his car. He survived (he's in jail) and must now live with the fact that he killed them all.  Perhaps such a device should be compulsorily fitted to the cars of all probationary drivers. If it saves just one young life, it's worth it IMHO.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Would You Allow Something Like This In Your Car To Save Money?
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 03:44:11 am »
Nah, No, Nope, Negative, Never, Not in this lifetime.

Touch wood I have have never had an accident that was my fault. Gee I can hear the sighs from here, but I haven't. Some one has always ran into the back of me so their insurance has to cough up.

However although I am into saving a cent or two, I do not like the idea of big brother knowing exactly where I am or have been. Secondly although I never ever tail gate, I can be known to have a lead foot, and unless the driver is a member of the blue rinse brigade I am not the most patient individual.