Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Plot/Subplot Poll  (Read 10814 times)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Plot/Subplot Poll
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 12:57:40 am »

Maybe I would change one other thing: I'd love to see more people riffing on each other's contributions--not being scared to pick up on an incident and go further with it, or a create a new character to deal with it.  There are no Performance Thread Police to say "you can't do that!", and I hope there never will be.  The improvisation is the most fun part for me, and often I've felt people holding back to see where I'm going with something when I'm actually hoping they'll jump in with a new twist.  Only a couple of times have I PM'd other posters to ask for something specific.  I'd much rather be surprised.  :)

I think a good basic rule of thumb for the thread is what Victoria said: "Let be, let be."  Soon we'll be heading into more serious dramatic territory--this is a sad story, after all--and the tone of things will change, but the creativity of the posters here is definitely up to the task.  There will still be funny stuff, too, I'm sure.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how things evolve (perhaps with occasional gentle guidance).  This is one truly unique internet experience.  8)

Meryl,  I could not even attempt to say it better... I agree in whole cloth wholeheartedly!  The High Priestess' posts have been great fodder for riffing off and ripping off, and you have been a Class A Good Sport about my teasing!  Thanks!  xo Alec
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 01:00:38 am by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 11:14:31 am »
Meryl,  I could not even attempt to say it better... I agree in whole cloth wholeheartedly!  The High Priestess' posts have been great fodder for riffing off and ripping off, and you have been a Class A Good Sport about my teasing!  Thanks!  xo Alec

Aw, thanks, Alec.  You are one high class entertainer, so keep on teasing!  :-*

*Snuggles the Fluffy One*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 11:32:54 am »
Excellent!! TERRY CLOTH likes snugglin' with the HIGH PRIESTESS, but don't let that news get around.  It might interfere with the upcoming wedding, so git yer scrawny arse back to the PT 'cause you got a ceremony to perform!   ;)
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 04:10:02 am »
Excellent!! TERRY CLOTH likes snugglin' with the HIGH PRIESTESS, but don't let that news get around.  It might interfere with the upcoming wedding, so git yer scrawny arse back to the PT 'cause you got a ceremony to perform!   ;)

Now you are really sucking up, WarshRag.  The HP probably LOVES having her arse called 'scrawny!'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 11:30:57 am »
Now you are really sucking up, WarshRag.  The HP probably LOVES having her arse called 'scrawny!'

Ah yes, from time to time, I slide it forward and let it stoke my day.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...