Author Topic: How to Avoid Looking Like an American Tourist  (Read 24612 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: How to Avoid Looking Like an American Tourist
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »
I am so proud of my Scottish heritage, I only have to see a kilt or hear the bagpipes and the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I feel a big lump in my throat and tears begin to prick my eyes.

Forgive me going off topic a bit, but, it's the funniest thing. I have barely a drop of Celtic blood in me--though my maternal grandmother's maiden name was Bailey--it's almost all pure German--yet there is something about Celtic art forms, and Celtic music--including the pipes--that really appeals to me--makes the hair on my head stand up, too!  :D

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2009, 11:56:45 pm »
Oh, my goodness. I don't think we've ever had any of them in Philadelphia. Everyone I've ever met has been unfailingly polite and lots of. Same goes for New Zealanders.  :)

Thats very nice to hear Jeff......

I think maybe the "ugly's" are few and far between from any country, and maybe they are noticed more by the people in the country they come from, than the people in the country they are visiting.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2009, 12:06:28 am »
I think maybe the "ugly's" are few and far between from any country, and maybe they are noticed more by the people in the country they come from, than the people in the country they are visiting.

I think this is exactly right.