Author Topic: Cowboy hats  (Read 34799 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cowboy hats
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2007, 04:18:59 pm »
Everybody who bought new cowboy hats this fall (that includes you, Castro showing attendees!), you need to add to this poll and post a picture!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:32 pm »
I just bought my first hat at the Rodeo!
I love it!
I'll re-post the pic here.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2007, 04:50:29 pm »
Everybody who bought new cowboy hats this fall (that includes you, Castro showing attendees!), you need to add to this poll and post a picture!!

Hey, Lee/Front and Lee/Richard.

I bought a new hat at the gay rodeo this past weekend.  They had a much better selection than what I can find out east.  Here's Lee and I (with my new hat).  It's rather dark.  I "borrowed" this picture from Monica's posting over at DC:

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2007, 04:52:34 pm »
Hey, Lee/Front and Lee/Richard.

I bought a new hat at the gay rodeo this past weekend.  They had a much better selection than what I can find out east.  Here's Lee and I (with my new hat).  It's rather dark.  I "borrowed" this picture from Monica's posting over at DC:

That looks great!
I told ya there were a lot of hot Cowboys! Hot Cowgirls too!!! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
Thanks for posting this, Paul. Now I don't need to post a picture of my new cowboy hat given to me by my family for my birthday!! It's a "crushable" Stetson and I highly recommend it, especially for travelling. One other feature it has that works well for San Francisco is the strap, which is the only reason I still have my hat after braving the Windy City! Tho I did get some funny looks when I said I was gonna "strap on" my hat!!

The photo doesn't show off your hat to its best advantage!! Mind if I play around with the mid-tones a little bit??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2007, 05:06:30 pm »
Go for it, Lee.  The sun was strong and directly overhead at the time.  Like I said, I just "gacked" this pic from Monica.   Thanks, Monica!

injest

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2007, 11:35:00 pm »
I just bought my first hat at the Rodeo!
I love it!
I'll re-post the pic here.

Lee you handsome thing!! Good choice...so happy you had a good time out there...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2007, 01:44:58 am »
How come I didn't come back to this topic after the BBQ? Good thing someone brought it up again. I just changed my vote from none to Straw Cowboy Hat   :D.

I bought it together with our very own ineedcrayons in Estes Park during the Brobeback BBQ  :D And I wore it all summer everytime I went to the public pool and at every sunbath in my garden  8)

Here I am with my first cowboy hat ever:

And here are my two other cowboyhats  :). I bought them from Jenny and wear them always. Well, except for the last three weeks. I had brought them to the jeweler to fix new eyes (loops?) at them - and it took three full weeks and three visits at the jewellery to get it right  ::).

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2007, 01:58:19 am »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:23 am »
I don't have a cowboy hat, and never will, because I'm not a hat person; it be like a thimble on my huge beach-ball head. But I must say you all -- Lee, Lee, Paul, Chrissi -- look very cute in yours.