Author Topic: Cowboy hats  (Read 34772 times)

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Cowboy hats
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:17:38 pm »
I'm just learning how to create a poll and came up with this simple subject.  Just seeing how it suppose to work.

To answer the question, I own a black hat and a straw hat.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cowboy hats
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »
I voted "none." As a Midwesterner, it feels a bit too costume-y to wear around here. (In fact, come to think of it, I only wear any hat at all when it's below 15 degrees.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 10:08:47 am by latjoreme »

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:02:59 pm »
Ive got a straw one....that i wear to the beach in summer
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Amber

• Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:20:58 pm »
Mine is white and kinda of a straw material - I'm not exactly sure what it's made out of.

I wear it out occassionally, when the mood strikes : )  It took awhile for me to grow into the idea.  I'm from the second biggest city Michigan, we don't wear cowboy hats there - but since I've moved to a much smaller city in the "agricultural" side of Washington - I see a lot more of them and I feel more secure in my cowboy hatness *lol*
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 03:36:46 am »
I have two,  a buff colored Stetson with a braided black leather band I've had for years.  My Dad bought it for me one Christmas when I started taking my boys horseback riding on a regular basis...and living in California I have a straw one as well with a beautiful pheasant feather band that I wear to all the Little League Games much to my youngests dismay.. lol...  I've also got a pair of Justin boots, black, ropers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:38:56 am by vkm91941 »

Offline JT

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:04:42 am »
I have two,  a buff colored Stetson with a braided black leather band I've had for years.  My Dad bought it for me one Christmas when I started taking my boys horseback riding on a regular basis...and living in California I have a straw one as well with a beautiful pheasant feather band that I wear to all the Little League Games much to my youngests dismay.. lol...  I've also got a pair of Justin boots, black, ropers.

You sound like a cowgirl to me.  Yeehaw!

Here in Las Vegas, I actually seen a lot of people wearing hats and boots.  I can never see myself wearing a cowboy hat.  I only wear my black hat, resembles Jack's but not that nice, twice when I go hiking.  I wear the straw hat often working in my backyard.

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »
I live in a place where a fair number of people wear cowboy hats, but I don't own one. (I own an old straw hat that's a bit like a cowboy hat - use it for gardening and stuff - but I wouldn't call it a cowboy hat to somebody who was picky about it.) The cowboy hats symbolize a lot of things to the people who wear them, and I'm not a member of that particular subculture. And I wouldn't be comfortable pretending to be.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 01:17:17 pm »
Here's a pic of me wearing my straw cowboy hat!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1157.msg62898#msg62898
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline JT

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 06:17:58 pm »
Here's a pic of me wearing my straw cowboy hat!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1157.msg62898#msg62898

You look pretty darn good too.  Great photo!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 07:17:53 pm »
Thank yew kindly!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"