Author Topic: Cowboy hats  (Read 34791 times)

Scott6373

Re: Cowboy hats
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 10:27:09 am »
7 Cowboy hats
4 Pair of boots (2 dress)
2 Belt Buckles
2 Belts
3 pair of Wranglers

God I'm sad

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 12:24:51 am »
7 Cowboy hats
4 Pair of boots (2 dress)
2 Belt Buckles
2 Belts
3 pair of Wranglers

God I'm sad

Scott Scott Scott....not sad at all. Just think, 2 more hats and another pair of Wranglers and you could open up your own store! 

Just remember, this is Bettermost. You are probably one belt buckle away from demigod status in this forum.

They might even build you a temple.  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 01:59:14 am »
Just remember, this is Bettermost. You are probably one belt buckle away from demigod status in this forum.

Well put, David!  :D

And if the buckle is made from a medal you won for rodeoin, Scott, you're a three-quarters god!

Scott6373

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 07:42:08 am »
Well put, David!  :D

And if the buckle is made from a medal you won for rodeoin, Scott, you're a three-quarters god!

LOL...no not from rodeo (way to friggin' old for that), but I do ride a lot.  I wear this stuff so often now, it's like part of me, and can't understand why people look strangely at me.   ;D

Scott6373

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 07:50:51 am »

They might even build you a temple.  ;)

Well then David, let me throw my hat on, drag on my boots and I'll be right over for coffee ( ;))  We can talk about building something...<evil grin>

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 08:04:01 am »
i voted 'none' But then i realised that i bought a hat in mexico years ago. it's called a jipi-japa and its a kind of panama hat made of palm fiber.

but that's not a real cowboy hat. I discovered that there's a cowboy store in Brussels and it's apparently the real thing. there are only of few of those in europe and the owners travel to the states each year to stock up on all things cowboy. I'll have to shopping there!
Jude, who organised the euro brokie meeting in London this month, bought a really nice belt there, with a buckle that said 'i 'd rather go fishing'   ::)  ::) very appropriate!

she posted a picture of it in the euro brokie thread on chez tremblay
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 12:16:54 pm »
A few years ago a friend and i took a train from here(N.Y) to Scottsdale Arizona. It was a three day train ride but it was great. The reason we took the train was to really see the country.
Well anyways..we went to a big country and western line dancing bar in Tuson. They were selling cowboy hats and everyone in the bar had one. so. I bought the greatest loooking black hat I have ever seen. I bought my friend a beautiful red one. They were both very expensive but I thought hey we are in Tuson! lets be cowgirls.

Well to make a long story short, when we finally arrived back home, we were wearing our hats. The platform we got off on was really windy and my hat flew off and went down a cliff. That was the end of my cowboy hat!  :o :'(  Would like to get another black one someday though.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 12:20:30 pm »
Please look me up if U ever come to Denver, Geri. I want to buy U a hat!! As for me, mine has a strap, which I know is cheating and looks kinda dumb, but I luv my hat and couldn't bear to lose it. It got kinda flattened when that roller coaster threw me, but it still works!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

moremojo

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 01:57:54 pm »
I have a friend whose lover died a few months ago, and left behind some cowboy hats. My friend says he'd like me to try them on sometime and take one that I might like, but I think I would feel kind of weird about that. The lover's boots are all gone, donated or given away; my friend seems to regret that now.

Scott6373

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 01:58:41 pm »
No do it.  When my brother passed away, his wife gave me one of his rings and I treasure it!