Author Topic: Rewatching movies from our pasts -- still good?  (Read 41069 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Rewatching movies from our pasts -- still good?
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 04:20:55 pm »
Good point, Chuck. There are LOTS of great thrillers in our pasts, let's dredge some up from the depths of our subconscious!

Then she must have been Mary Morstan, the future Mrs. John Watson.

Oooh, that's exciting! I must plan to catch up on more episodes!! Basil Rathbones as SH is way more convincing than Robert Downey Jr was, but I'd trade in the frumpy Dr. Watson for Jude Law. Or I'd step into the role myself, to share the screen with the lovely Jenny Seagrove!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:48 pm »
Good point, Chuck. There are LOTS of great thrillers in our pasts, let's dredge some up from the depths of our subconscious!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2010, 06:32:32 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2010, 06:36:18 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2010, 06:38:27 pm »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:15 pm »
Speaking of misogynistic, I saw The Social Network yesterday. Only one seemingly intelligent woman in it...played by our friend Rooney Mara!

Apparently we don't have a thread devoted to The Social Network here. C'mon people! Are we not a board dedicated to the very best in cinema? Anyway, one of the best scenes in TSN, in my opinion, was the one where the clueless guy joins the others after the lecture and says "Who did that guy think he was, Bill Gates?" and Jesse, as the main character says "That was Bill Gates."

I remember when I was working at a DOE lab in the early 1990s and my cubicle mate posted on the door an editorial by Bill Gates entitled "Content is King". I was flattered, since I was a lowly SME (subject matter expert) and he was a webmaster.

Offline zephaniah

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:58 pm »
Recently bought - dirt cheap - 'Stormy Weather" starring Lena Horne and Bill Robinson, with Cab Calloway and Fats Waller, and a whole nuther buch of other really talented musicians.  I was all set to fast forward to the tunes I knew, but found enough of interest that I watched the whole thing through twice.  The story is not the strong point, but the performances are incredible.  Other than the title tune, one of my favs was "Ain't Misbehavin," written  and performed by Fats Waller - having heard this most often recorded and played live as a rather moderately slow tune that almost promises fidelity, I was really surprised at Mr. Waller's delivery - he plays it fast and mischeivously - savin' my love for you (nodding in one direction) and you (another direction), and you, and you, all while wearing a smugly sastisfied smile!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2013, 12:18:16 pm »
...I couldn't talk you into seeing a little-known film called Local Hero, could I??   ::)

Watched my second favorite movie last night, with a new friend and, guess what...he liked it!!!  :)