Author Topic: What's on your summer Must-Watch Movie List?  (Read 81405 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What's on your summer Must-Watch Movie List?
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »
Jason Behr is beyond yummy.  Rent "The Tattoist". 

Very nice physique but way too much "body art" for my taste. It's like covering Michaelangelo's David in graffiti.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2010, 12:22:10 pm »
I either need to go back to books for my entertainment, or I need a big 'ole dose of "Pelican Brief", "Glory", and "Michael Clayton" to cancel out these bad memories.

Glory is such a wonderful movie--another that I've always been meaning to add to my collection but have never gotten around to it--I can be such a procrastinator.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:11 pm »
Very nice physique but way too much "body art" for my taste. It's like covering Michaelangelo's David in graffiti.  :(

Don't fret--t's only makeup.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2010, 01:27:51 pm »
Don't fret--t's only makeup.

Considering the title of the movie, I didn't suppose it was real.

I wonder why his name seems familiar to me? I just looked him up on IMDb and I haven't seen anything he's done. Maybe I remember it from commercials 'n' such for Roswell. I see he was in The Shipping News.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:18 pm »

Fully clothed in The Shipping News.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »
Just finished watching "Prince of Persia" for the first time.

First thing I can say is "Ouch!"

That was the longest 1 hour and 48 minutes of an incredibly poor excuse for a movie that I've ever seen.  And I've seen tens of thousands of movies.

No fault to Jake, or the two other award-winning actors who played the parts that they signed up to well.  But the plot and the cinematography were ridiculous, and any chemistry or charm from and between the leading lady and Jake was absolutely disingenuous.

I can't think of a single movie where the actors were so poorly cast.  Are Hollywood actors THAT hard up for money that they take roles like this???

It took every bit of strength I had to sit through every minute of this film.  Was watching the clock ON the DVD player more than I was watching the movie.

If this kind of action-adventure-fantasy-pseudo-sci-fi-ridiculous-nonsensical-utterly-pointless-and-stupid genre is what Jake is going to pursue in the future, then count me out of his fan club.

I'm trying now to take deep breaths and remember Brokeback and Jarhead and Donnie Darko and Brothers, etc...

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:18 am »
Just finished watching "Prince of Persia" for the first time.

First thing I can say is "Ouch!"

That was the longest 1 hour and 48 minutes of an incredibly poor excuse for a movie that I've ever seen.  And I've seen tens of thousands of movies.

No fault to Jake, or the two other award-winning actors who played the parts that they signed up to well.  But the plot and the cinematography were ridiculous, and any chemistry or charm from and between the leading lady and Jake was absolutely disingenuous.

I can't think of a single movie where the actors were so poorly cast.  Are Hollywood actors THAT hard up for money that they take roles like this???

It took every bit of strength I had to sit through every minute of this film.  Was watching the clock ON the DVD player more than I was watching the movie.

If this kind of action-adventure-fantasy-pseudo-sci-fi-ridiculous-nonsensical-utterly-pointless-and-stupid genre is what Jake is going to pursue in the future, then count me out of his fan club.

I'm trying now to take deep breaths and remember Brokeback and Jarhead and Donnie Darko and Brothers, etc...

I tried for Jakey's sake. I am not much of a film snob-I can like stupid movies but I was so sad for him over this one.

Heathen