Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I'm back
« on: August 03, 2006, 06:12:28 pm »
It's August and I returned from my holidays at Ibiza today. So Hi to all of you  :) (why don't we have a waving smily?)

We had a great time, being nothing but lazy for two weeks. I was at the beach alone every forenoon for about two hours. In my day-to-day life, three kids, a dog, a husband, friends, my children's friends and half the world rush in and out our house and I'm barely ever alone at home. I love my life this way, but sometimes I feel like living at a central station of a middle-seized town.
So you can imagine how wonderful it was to have two hours each day just alone with myself (thousand thank-yous to my husband). I laid on my air matress, drifting on the water or reading a book (yes, story-to-screenplay for the hundredth time, among others) in the shadow.

We had a hot spell throughout Europe (I think) during the last weeks and at since Ibiza is very hot in July/August anyway, it was even hotter than usual. We had nearly 40°C/104°F every day. Too hot to do anything but lingering in or nearby the pool or beach. So we didn't see much of the island.
Usually this is not the kind of holidays I prefer, but this year it was just the right thing to do. Normally we make many excursions, we want to get to know the area and the people who live there. Not this time.
But surprisingly to me it wasn't boring at all.

I had some adventures with the elevator. One time, it stuck for about 10 minutes. It was the first time in my life I got stuck in an elevater and I started to get worried when there were loud bangs in the lift shaft. I could feel the lift cabin quake slighlty with every bang.  It was a mechanic working on the problem and hammering on God knows which technical component.

Another time I got in a bad argument with a man (another guest in the same hotel) while waiting for the lift. Some boys had pulled a trick on him and I witnessed when he finally caught one of the boys. He was so mad at him, he totally blew up and threatened the boy, trying to drag the boy towards the lift. I could understand the man's anger but he overstepped every line with the way he treated the boy  >:(. The poor boy bawled and was so scared. I intervened and got into a heated argument. I stayed with them till we found  the parents of the boy's friend, who then cared for the boy. Arrrgh, I'm still mad at this man. Why do people think they can do anything with children, only because the are smaller and weaker? Such an idiot.
But thankfully he was the only idiot I met during this two weeks.

After the great weather all the time, the big shock came today when we left the airport building. It was 15°C/59°F and raining. Brr, *shivering*.

I'm glad to be here again. I missed the forums and my fellow Brokies. I even sneaked in one time, but the computer at the hotel didn't work properly, so I couldn't write greetings to you.
I'll add some pics tomorrow.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 06:15:10 pm »
Welcome back C!  :D

I wish I could be lazy for 2 weeks too!  Looking forward to them pix!  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:17:44 pm »
Welcome back!  I can appreciate those two beautiful forenoon hours.  I'm in my post-noon hours of naptime right now.  It's a precious time each day, with a busy three year old.  No air mattress to dangle my fingers from.  Hammock though.  :)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 06:28:23 pm »

Welcome back Chrissi! Sounds like you had a great time!
School holidays have only started in Bavaria and it's another two weeks until I'll be leaving for Italy with the family. Lookin forward to it already...
And I'm looking forward to your pictures!  :)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:34:23 pm »
Sounds great!  Welcome back.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »
Welcome back, Chrissi! Sounds like a great vacation. We missed you. 8)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:00:42 pm »
Welcome back Friend!  I'm jealous of your vacation.  It sounds great.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 05:09:59 am »
welcome back C!

You're holiday sounds very relaxing - just what I'm looking forward to when I go off in September for a week to Spain.... sun sea and sangria and any other S's you can think of!

(sand of course!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 12:11:26 pm »
Good to have you back...we missed you.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 04:26:14 pm »
Thank you all for your welcome-backs. This feels good.

Here are the promised pics. I have only a few pictures from which I could choose, because I don't use a digital camera and don't have a scanner. So most of our pictures are the old fashioned way, but my husband took a few pics with our digital camera.

1) View from our balcony
2) Same view at sunset
3) The pools
4) View from another bay

The sea was wonderful. Blue and green and clear and just the right temperature for me (my family preferred the pool, wich I found too warm). There were many fishes and hermit crabs. At the moment there is a plague of jellyfish at the Spanish coasts, but we were lucky and had only one day and a half when we couldn't go into the sea because of the jellyfish.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 04:29:12 pm by Penthesilea »