Author Topic: Book OR Movie ?  (Read 2128 times)

Offline iaintnoname

• Don't Say Much
Book OR Movie ?
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:59:50 am »
I love Brokeback moutain ......probably i got to know this movie via movie ...so  i think movie is better than the book , how do u guys think ....

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:02:47 am by Penthesilea »

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Book OR Movie ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:48:02 am »
I read the S.S first and  love both the book and film.
 I sobbed my heart out when I read the book, and continued to do so every time I read it. I assumed that I would be immune to te film when I saw it, I was very wrong. The film touched me all over again, it was as if I had never read the book. I even found myself hoping that Jack would be alive at the end of the film. I knew that would be taking liberties with Proulx's work but I didn't care.
The fact that Heath and Jake looked nothing like I had imagined made no difference,they were Ennis and Jack from the opening scene. These days  the story and film are as one in my head.I no longer see the Ennis and Jack I had imagined when first reading the story, I see only Heath and Jake.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:04:37 pm »
I saw the movie first and had no idea of the story, until then.

I have seen the movie lost count number of times, and love it every time.

The book, I have read many many times as well, but it just doesn't stick in my mind like the movie does.

What I do marvel at when reading the book, is how the screenwriters, used phrases, and sentences from the book, in such a wonderfully visual way in the movie.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:46:25 pm »
I saw the movie before I read the short story. The movie was so amazing and touching. I read the short story soon after and while I enjoyed it, it just didn't have the same kind of magic that the movie had. I also bought the screenplay book after I read the short story and it enjoyed that more as well.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3