Author Topic: Looking for a book  (Read 5426 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Looking for a book
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:29:52 am »
Chrissi, I've been posting lots of book recommendations in the E-Book Files thread I started. Even though it says E-Book, all of the books are available in print -- or almost all, I think. Anyway, here's a link:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,21792.new.html#new

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:34:12 am »
Chrissi, I've been posting lots of book recommendations in the E-Book Files thread I started. Even though it says E-Book, all of the books are available in print -- or almost all, I think. Anyway, here's a link:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,21792.new.html#new

L

Hi Les,
yes, I'm following your ebook thread :).
I started this thread to find something specific. (basically I'd love a sequel to POTE or World Without End by Ken Follet, but I guess I'll have to wait another ten years for that, LOL).
Still, I got many interesting recs here. I'm set for my vacation now, but life goes on afterwards, so I'll be back to the recs here and on your ebook thread.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28:15 am »
Crhissi, have you read the 'Lonesome Dove' saga by Larry McMurtry? 4 book, good for hours and hours of sheer reading pleasure. My husband started reading the first book in the series, Dead Man's Walk and he's hooked too.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'