Author Topic: Brokie Fever Relapse  (Read 28742 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Brokie Fever Relapse
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 11:47:56 am »
(okay a cafe, which recently won the title of Best Burger of Downtown LA, but that's another story).

Wow! That ain't no little thing that's happening there. Congratulations, Nipith, on both your burger and your Jack.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 02:00:41 pm »
Sure enough Nipith!  Sounds like all sorts of exciting things are happening for you and your partner!  So great to hear this. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 11:08:41 pm »
Good to see you around Nipith.  :)

I think we're all going to be afflicted in some sort of way the rest of our lives.  We don't think about them as often as we used to, but every once in a while, like others say, a sudden rush or jolt of that old feelin', and then it's suddenly gone.... I don't think any of us will ever forget our experience and the feelings that came with it.

Offline optom3

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 07:28:56 pm »
I have been having a whole lot of Brokie relapses lately and it makes me feel so silly. I have been re reading the story and screenplay, listening to the soundtrack, even learning to play the wings on the piano. What is even more odd, is I am back to hiding it again. I have been on youtube watching clips, all I can think is that I had a long email from Mr. X and it came completely out of the blue and coincided with a time when Nigel is being a real arse to me.
I guess I am doing a lot of what ifs. Which in turn reopens all the original BBM wounds, or at least that's my take on it.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 08:10:41 am »
I have been having a whole lot of Brokie relapses lately and it makes me feel so silly. I have been re reading the story and screenplay, listening to the soundtrack, even learning to play the wings on the piano. What is even more odd, is I am back to hiding it again. I have been on youtube watching clips, all I can think is that I had a long email from Mr. X and it came completely out of the blue and coincided with a time when Nigel is being a real arse to me.
I guess I am doing a lot of what ifs. Which in turn reopens all the original BBM wounds, or at least that's my take on it.
Fiona, I don't think it ever goes away. Its always there in some form. I did this bit of silliness the other day. I was on a coupon site on the computer and ya have to put in yer name and email address. So I put in my name as Ennis Del Mar. My coupons printed out on each coupon "For the household of Ennis Del Mar". I know very silly but LOL I guess its just hardwired in me.
Steve

"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

retropian

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 11:59:54 am »
Not exactly a relapse, but there is a nice post on IMDB.com by someone who just recently viewed
BBM for the 1st time. I think he has a touch of the fever. It reminded me a little of how I was affected the 1st time. I sure do enjoy comments from those who have watched BBM with fresh eyes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/149678452

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 02:14:19 pm »
Not exactly a relapse, but there is a nice post on IMDB.com by someone who just recently viewed
BBM for the 1st time. I think he has a touch of the fever. It reminded me a little of how I was affected the 1st time. I sure do enjoy comments from those who have watched BBM with fresh eyes.

That was a very interesting read, retropian.
Seems he had a trace of homophobia, and that one single viewing of BBM changed his mind significantly!!

That is some powerful outcome of a movie.... it might not turn him into a full-blown supporter of gay rights, but probably no discussion or information campaign in the world could have had such an instant effect.

It makes you wonder what would happen if some more of the homophobes were to watch it..... only problem is that they never will..... if it wasn't for his girlfriend this guy wouldn't have seen it either.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline optom3

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 11:41:24 pm »

What a fascinating read, it was even more powerful from a guy who is so very strongly heterosexual. I agree 100% with his contention that if it had been a man/woman love story it would not have had 1/100th the impact. All this time on and BBM still affects me more than any other film has and I suspect ever will.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:47 pm »
After visitin' the panel at the Autry, I been havin' relapses... I feel a movie viewing coming on...  :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 10:25:51 pm »
After visitin' the panel at the Autry, I been havin' relapses... I feel a movie viewing coming on...  :P

Me too! Stay tuned, friend!
"chewing gum and duct tape"