Author Topic: Willie Nelson's Lost Highway  (Read 104154 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Willie Nelson's Lost Highway
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:30 pm »
Have we been missing the signs all these years? Maybe the bandanna and the ponytail were clues. ...

Maybe the song "Cowboys are Secretly Frequently Fond of Each Other" was a teensy clue.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2009, 12:34:06 pm »
Maybe the song "Cowboys are Secretly Frequently Fond of Each Other" was a teensy clue.

;D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2009, 02:36:39 pm »

I wrote an email to Willie NelsonĀ“s website and the reply I received was:

"You should check out "Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other" from Itunes."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2009, 05:06:30 pm »

Totally.  He didn't even write the tune.  It completely lacks the artistry of any of his real songs (the tune itself, and the shitty production by Chesney).

I love you Laura!
You don't say much but you sure get your point across!!
I am truly laughing out loud at this one!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2009, 05:17:17 pm »
 ;)   :-*

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:45 pm »
And it is the gay fans that tend to have the most money. Sorry, but that is a stereotype that happens to be true much of the time.

Its a matter of sexual minorities--who are more likely to be child-less--having a higher percentage of expendable income. We really don't make more money. And its not a stereotype, its a consumer trend.

Trust me, he will be feeling the financial pain from this atrocious blunder of his...

He won't feel anything unless he already has a significant portion of sexual minorities among his customer base, AND a significant portion of them are offended enough to stop buying his music. Of course we have no idea what those numbers look like.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2009, 06:59:40 pm »
And it is the gay fans that tend to have the most money. Sorry, but that is a stereotype that happens to be true much of the time. And not only that, but gay people tend to throw money at their icons. Just look at Bette Midler, Cher, Madonna, Janet Jackson, hell, even Kathy Griffin. They wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for their gay fans. We support our icons.

Trust me, he will be feeling the financial pain from this atrocious blunder of his...

David, Old Willie hasn't been on the top 10 list in AGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has had financial difficulties for ages.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:28 am »
I'd like to suggest that one of the good writers here put this on Willie Nelson's Wikipedia page.  There's no mention of it there.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:58 pm »
and about this dicussion. If the song is a joke, then what exactly is the joke?

I guess one could make a case for considering it a joke on people who don't know homophobia when it's as plain as the nose on Dick Chaney's face.    :P

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2009, 03:26:04 pm »
I guess one could make a case for considering it a joke on people who don't know homophobia when it's as plain as the nose on Dick Chaney's face.    :P

Or it could be a joke on those in the gay community who take themselves too seriously.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.