Author Topic: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?  (Read 51603 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?
« on: July 15, 2009, 05:09:03 pm »
The Vampires:

1   2

3   4

5   6

7   8

9    10

11   12

13   14

15   16

17   18

19   20

22 23

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:14:43 am by oilgun »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:01 pm »
What, no choices of women vampires?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:37:12 pm »

I  guess that suggests this poll was created by either a straight woman or a gay man.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »

Nope, not in this poll.  I decided that female Vampires should have their own poll but it took me so long to create this one that I'll leave it to someone else, lol!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:22:16 pm »
I  guess that suggests this poll was created by either a straight woman or a gay man.  ;D

You got that right, lol!  Because of the sexual aspect of the poll (Fang Bangers), I picked all males.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:08 pm »
Hey Gil, you forgot Jack Palance in Dracula (1973), probably my first bite.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:03:49 pm »
I chose Louis (Brad Pitt) from Interview with a Vampire because he's just so beautiful and I know he'd feel guilty about eating me..er, sucking me dry...er, there is no polite way to say it.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:37:19 am by delalluvia »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 07:50:58 am »
It was a hard decision between David Bowie, Kiefer Sutherland and Brad Pitt. I went with Bard Pitt then. At least I'd know what awaits me, since this is one of the few movies I've actually seen.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 08:33:58 am »
Not that I mean to criticize or anything, but I just looked over the list again and I suddenly noticed it's missing Frank Langella. To the best of my limited knowledge, his Dracula, which I believe he first played on the stage before it was made into a movie at the end of the 1970s, was the first to really play up the sexual angle. At least, the film had a very stylized but pretty obvious sex scene in it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:40:52 am »
Not that I mean to criticize or anything, but I just looked over the list again and I suddenly noticed it's missing Frank Langella. To the best of my limited knowledge, his Dracula, which I believe he first played on the stage before it was made into a movie at the end of the 1970s, was the first to really play up the sexual angle. At least, the film had a very stylized but pretty obvious sex scene in it.

Good thinking!  I think I'll replace a less popular one with Frank Langella.  I completely forgot about him and he did cause a bit of a sensasion at the time.  Thanks!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:23 am »
Good thinking!  I think I'll replace a less popular one with Frank Langella.  I completely forgot about him and he did cause a bit of a sensasion at the time.  Thanks!

He sure did for me, riding across the moors on that big black horse with his cape flapping behind him!  ;)  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:37 am »

Frank Langella will always be the Vampire of my Heart.  :-*

I don't see Leslie Nielson on the list for Dracula: Dead and Loving It.  I didn't realize that was a Mel Brooks film.  I'll have to rent it one of these days.  Meanwhile, it's always been my favorite title for a Dracula film.  ;D

Then there's my second favorite title, which came out the same year as Langella's film: Love at First Bite, starring George Hamilton as Count Vladimir Dracula.   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:06 am »
I purposefully left out Leslie Nielsen and George Hamilton (eww!).  Also Count von Count and Count Chocula, lol!

I remember that the blonde vampire from The Brides of Dracula stirred some confusing feelings within me when I saw it back in the sixties.  One of my first (memorable) homoerotic moments!  :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »
I purposefully left out Leslie Nielsen and George Hamilton (eww!).  Also Count von Count and Count Chocula, lol!

I remember that the blonde vampire from The Brides of Dracula stirred some confusing feelings within me when I saw it back in the sixties.  One of my first (memorable) homoerotic moments!  :P

Well, I thank you for including my "vamp" Mick St. John. Damn, it pissed me off when Moonlight wasn't renewed.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:49:11 pm by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 12:33:02 pm »
Well, one who scared me shitless (not on your list) was Reggie Nalder who played "Barlow" on "Salem's Lot".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 01:03:51 pm »
Well, I thank you for including my "vamp" Nick St. John. Damn, it pissed me off when Moonlight wasn't renewed.  >:(
Yep. There was not much to complain about when it came to Mick St. John O0

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13:07 pm »
Yep. There was not much to complain about when it came to Mick St. John O0

Only that we didn't see him with his shirt open more often!  ;D

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 01:54:09 pm »
The long list of choices makes me realize how incredibly many popular culture vampires there are, and how few of them I've actually "met"!  *worries*

My vote goes to Spike. (I'm a big Angel fan, but being an avid Angel/Buffy 'shipper I'd rather he save his bite for Buffy.  :P )  And Spike just is.... something else.  :P He's so effulgent;D

I think Louis de Pointe de Lac would also be high on my list, but that would be the Louis I had in my head after reading Interview with the Vampire a couple of years before the film came out. I don't think Brad Pitt did my imaginary, sensuous, dark and despairing Louis any justice at all.

The Louis we meet in Sting's "Moon over Burbon Street" - now that is my Louis. Love that song!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 02:01:22 pm »
The long list of choices makes me realize how incredibly many popular culture vampires there are, and how few of them I've actually "met"!  *worries*

My vote goes to Spike. (I'm a big Angel fan, but being an avid Angel/Buffy 'shipper I'd rather he save his bite for Buffy.  :P )  And Spike just is.... something else.  :P He's so effulgent;D

Yes, Mikaela. I see a vampire movie evening in your near future :)

My soul is wrapped in harsh repose,
Midnight descends in raven-colored clothes,
But soft... behold!
A sunlight beam
Butting a swath of glimmering gleam.
My heart expands,
'tis grown a bulge in it,
Inspired by your beauty...
Effulgent.

;D
He really was a bloody bad poet

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 02:23:29 pm »
Yes he really was.  ;D

He got better though once he found his true vocation and inspiration in life:

I was gonna post a pic of Spike all alone, but I figure James Marsters must be one of those guys who look more Spike-y in live action than in static posed images.... however the above with Drusilla is my iconic Spike, I think.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 03:15:34 pm »
Well, one who scared me shitless (not on your list) was Reggie Nalder who played "Barlow" on "Salem's Lot".

With dentistry that bad, he must be English. ...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 04:31:04 pm »
Now, now, no slams against our English friends.

I think Louis de Pointe de Lac would also be high on my list, but that would be the Louis I had in my head after reading Interview with the Vampire a couple of years before the film came out. I don't think Brad Pitt did my imaginary, sensuous, dark and despairing Louis any justice at all.

The Louis we meet in Sting's "Moon over Burbon Street" - now that is my Louis. Love that song!

I dunno, I thought Brad Pitt's Louis was perfect.  I was really into he and Claudia's relationship and the strange little homoerotic fuck family thing they had going on.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 05:35:21 pm »
One of the problems is (and that's just a very personal quirk of mine) - I have a hard time thinking anyone is hot once he dons a top hat for *real* as part of the period costume. Goes for the above, and for any kind of Dickens movie, or any movie version of Les Miserables.

In my mind's version, Louis sure wasn't walking around in a top hat. And he looked darker, more haunted, the eyes weren't so swimming, and there was no lipgloss or whatever they were wearing.

I actually like Tom Cruise the best in the film - I agree with Anne Rice that he did a great job as Lestat. And contrary to many people's expectations at the time.

I was so eager to see that movie, because I was very into the book, the conflicting emotions, the giving in to the darkness in you, the twisted sensuality.... and the film just left me cold. Didn't evoke the feelings of the book at all. Such things sure are very subjective.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:03 pm »
One of the problems is (and that's just a very personal quirk of mine) - I have a hard time thinking anyone is hot once he dons a top hat for *real* as part of the period costume. Goes for the above, and for any kind of Dickens movie, or any movie version of Les Miserables.

Heh, not me.  I'm really into steampunk and equestrian sports, and I personally own a top (riding) hat and have no problem taking anyone who wears them seriously or seriously hot.

In my mind's version, Louis sure wasn't walking around in a top hat. And he looked darker, more haunted, the eyes weren't so swimming, and there was no lipgloss or whatever they were wearing.

To each their own of course, but then that would beg the question of why Lestat - Mr. Happy Go Lucky himself -  would bother to stay with him if he was so not  Mary Sunshine all the time.  As per the story, he didn't.  He got Claudia to cheer him up and give him a purpose, so their lives together would be pleasant, which they were for - what? - something like 65 years?  So Louis obviously had his good days.   

I actually like Tom Cruise the best in the film - I agree with Anne Rice that he did a great job as Lestat. And contrary to many people's expectations at the time.

I agree Tom Cruise did a great job with the character, but were the production values so cheap that they couldn't afford a good human hair wig/extensions for him?  His blond hair looked so fake. overbleached and stringy.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 06:05:24 pm »
I agree Tom Cruise did a great job with the character, but were the production values so cheap that they couldn't afford a good human hair wig/extensions for him?  His blond hair looked so fake. overbleached and stringy.

They were probably trying to obliquely show the dangers to the lack of a balanced and varied diet. How relying on one single source of nutrition will endanger your appearance.

And I bet all that blood caused yellowing of the fangs teeth too.

Yep, Lestat's really a subtle anti-health warning poster boy.

;D

btw - (more on my personal quirks): The equestrian costume top hats (modern and/or historic versions) are not by any means put-offs in my book. In fact, I think the (Victorian era?) period costume riding costume for women, with a dainty top hat with a scarf or veil over, and rather fancy decorated dresses etc. lookes especially gorgeous and stylish (and probably as health-endangering as hell, but that's women's wear through the ages for you).

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »
What is it with vampires and Top hats anyway?

Here's Gary Oldman's Dracula:

And here's his beloved in her Victorian incarnation, sporting somthing very akin to a top hat herself:

Actually I have to admit that Gary Oldman completely pulls off the looking-hot-while-wearing-top-hat. No mean feat. That man just can't do anything wrong!!  8)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 06:20:57 pm »
They were probably trying to obliquely show the dangers to the lack of a balanced and varied diet. How relying on one single source of nutrition will endanger your appearance.

And I bet all that blood caused yellowing of the fangs teeth too.

Yep, Lestat's really a subtle anti-health warning poster boy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

btw - (more on my personal quirks): The equestrian costume top hats (modern and/or historic versions) are not by any means put-offs in my book. In fact, I think the (Victorian era?) period costume riding costume for women, with a dainty top hat with a scarf or veil over, and rather fancy decorated dresses etc. lookes especially gorgeous and stylish (and probably as health-endangering as hell, but that's women's wear through the ages for you).

So you like the women's wear, just not the men's wear?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 06:22:10 pm »
What is it with vampires and Top hats anyway?

Heh, it's not the vampires, it's the time period they live in.  EVERYone who could afford/was anyone wore them.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42:12 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So you like the women's wear, just not the men's wear?

Yeah. I'm consistent in my apparel bias.

Heh, it's not the vampires, it's the time period they live in.  EVERYone who could afford/was anyone wore them.

Everyone who couldn't, too - at least if the Hollywood version of the first half of the 1800's is to be beleived. In every Dickens rendition or Les Mis there are any number of poor guys walking about wearing dented, miserable-looking top hats.

*shudders* ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42:27 pm »
Now, now, no slams against our English friends.

That wasn't a slam against our English friends, only against legendarily bad English dentistry.  ;D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 06:45:38 pm »
With dentistry that bad, he must be English. ...

I wonder how he managed to close his mouth? Or were the teeth/fangs retractable?

(Practical minds wanna know!)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 06:54:15 pm »
I wonder how he managed to close his mouth? Or were the teeth/fangs retractable?

I was thinking that, too.  ;D  While I was slamming English dentistry. ...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 07:12:52 pm »

I was so eager to see that movie, because I was very into the book, the conflicting emotions, the giving in to the darkness in you, the twisted sensuality.... and the film just left me cold. Didn't evoke the feelings of the book at all. Such things sure are very subjective.

I have very similar feelings about INTERVIEW, Mikaela.  I read the book when it came and became obsessed with it. Kind of like I am now with True Blood, come to think of it.  When they finally made the film I couldn't wait to see it but, like you, it just left me cold.  I hated Brad Pitt's Louis, he reminded me of a stunned chipmunk on valium, but I enjoyed Tom Cruise's Lestat.  He had lost all that weight and acted so fey and un-hinged, I thought he did a great job.  Overall, I found the film strangely bloodless (hehehe) so it was a disappointment overall.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 07:48:24 pm »

I imagine they sit outside his lips, like bulldogs and various big cats.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 09:16:36 pm »
Well, that means those teeth are  ... enough to let him eat popcorn   drink blood out of the neck of a jug, then.

;)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 02:15:57 pm »
I have very similar feelings about INTERVIEW, Mikaela.  I read the book when it came and became obsessed with it. Kind of like I am now with True Blood, come to think of it.  When they finally made the film I couldn't wait to see it but, like you, it just left me cold.  I hated Brad Pitt's Louis, he reminded me of a stunned chipmunk on valium, but I enjoyed Tom Cruise's Lestat.  He had lost all that weight and acted so fey and un-hinged, I thought he did a great job.  Overall, I found the film strangely bloodless (hehehe) so it was a disappointment overall.

Interview is on my list of "movies I wish I´d never seen".

Interview is on it and most movies staring Mark Wahlberg. ;D

I think the whole cast was wrong and I found the whole thing anoying. I just couldnt wait for Lestat to die :P

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 02:17:05 pm »
Well, that means those teeth are  ... enough to let him eat popcorn   drink blood out of the neck of a jug, then.

;)

aaaahhh that actually took me a while :D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 06:51:18 pm »
I think the whole cast was wrong and I found the whole thing anoying. I just couldnt wait for Lestat to die :P

So... a disappointment right up to the very end, then?  ;D

I had a friend back then who didn't know I was into the whole vampire thing and who after a weekend told me that she and her boyfriend had been to what had to be the worst, the most horrible, the most pointless, the most boring and God-awful film she'd ever seen. She couldn't understand why people made such useless drivel. And so on for quite some time - I remember her rant because it *was* truly memorable. She concluded the rant by informing me of the horrid movie's name - it was "Interview with...". 

BTW, I haven't seen "Queen of the Damned" so I don't know if the non-Cruise incarnation of Lestat is better or worse or just different.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
I suddenly remember another vampire...how about Rutger Hauer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the movie. Or the other guy in this clip, whatever his name is

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »
Oh, I had forgotten Rutger Hauer was in BTVS the movie!

Nice reminder!  :)

(Watch me determinedly staying out of atheist/religion discussions on a weekend night!!)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 07:49:21 pm »
My favorite vampire is one that was never really known that well. I was in love with him when I was a little kid. His name is Tom Jennings from Dark Shadows. He was played by Don Briscoe.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 08:06:12 am »

As far as I have always known a vampire's fangs retract. They only appear when the vampire is getting ready to bite/feed on someone. At other times they have normal teeth.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 10:34:36 am »
My favourite vampire isn't listed. He's Aidan Turner, who plays the part of Mitchell the Vampire in the BBC3 television production, "Being Human."

Aidan Turner as Mitchell the Vampire in "Being Human"

Mitchell lives in a house with George the Werewolf (played by Russell Tovey) and Annie the Ghost (played by Lenora Crichlow). Here's the gang:

L-R: George the Vampire (Russell Tovey), Annie the Ghost (Lenora Crichlow) and Mitchell the Vampire (Aidan Turner)

I must confess, though, that I don't watch "Being Human" for Aidan Turner. It's Russell Tovey who draws my attention (you may remember him from the movie, "The History Boys"). Russell is gay in real life. He's such a little cutie pie!

Russell Tovey

He even looks good when he's not quite himself:

Russell Tovey as George the Werewolf in "Being Human"
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 10:42:53 am »

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
LOL, Kerry. Sparkly is as sparkly does, I'd say.  ;D

As far as I have always known a vampire's fangs retract. They only appear when the vampire is getting ready to bite/feed on someone. At other times they have normal teeth.

Yes, the "modern" version vampires have retractable fangs.... Dracula in Coppola's film, and all the modern TV versions. I haven't seen Edward Cullen and his lot on film, but it's a safe bet he doesn't walk around with incisors down his chin on a daily basis. And the Buffy vamps went from handsome hunks to toothy monsters every time feeding time was nigh, of course.

But somehow I always figured the old-style vampires, the Nosferatu and the original Draculas, walked around (flew around?) with their prominent teeth always on display. And Barlow on "Salem's Lot" seemed one of those old-style Nosferatu types.

Maybe I'm wrong - maybe the old school vamps did have retractable fangs too. Anyone know for sure? Has the retractable feature emerged in modern-day evolution of vampires, or has it always been there?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 01:09:41 pm »
Maybe I'm wrong - maybe the old school vamps did have retractable fangs too. Anyone know for sure? Has the retractable feature emerged in modern-day evolution of vampires, or has it always been there?

I don't know, but it's true that Bela Lugosi wore no fangs in his first vampire movie; I guess in later ones he did.  Is it true that Edward in the "Twilight" series has no fangs?

Here's a blog discussing the permanent/retractable issue.  Some of the replies are a hoot.  ;D

http://reluctantadults.blogspot.com/2009/05/fang-debate.html
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 02:39:15 pm »
The 'undead' thread.

People keep digging up new vampires everywhere!!  ;) ;D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
Is it true that Edward in the "Twilight" series has no fangs?

:o :o :o  He has no fangs? Shock and horror! What kind of vampire *is* he? Does he drink through a straw?

;D  ;) :laugh:

He's darn goodlooking, I'll give him that.  :)

*off to follow the retractable fangs link!*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 10:52:59 pm »
Tom Jennings has not been added yet  :( That means I can't vote  >:(

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 12:17:55 am »

Kerry! Did you just sit down and draw that? :D

That's wonderful!! :-*

I love it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 12:24:45 am »
I can't believe I missed this thread!

My favorite vampires are: Brad Pitt as Louis, David Boreanas as Angel, and Robert Pattinson as Edward.

But we can only pick one, can't we? Why is that? It's not fair! >:(

I'm voting for Brad Pitt as Louis! I've always loved Louis and he's my favorite. :D

When I was little I thought Christopher Lee was very sexy as Dracula. He scared the fire out of me though. He was extremely good looking on those 1950s vampire movies.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:47 am »
I really liked Spike in the Buffy series. He was so cute and lovable. :-*

But I'm still comfortable with my vote for Louis.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2009, 02:33:20 am »
Kerry! Did you just sit down and draw that? :D

That's wonderful!! :-*

I love it!

Yep, it's one of mine, David. Glad you like it.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2009, 10:56:50 am »
I can't believe I missed this thread!

Yeah David I was wondering where in the world you were on this thread. Is there going to be a movie thread this weekend? I am off work, feeling sad, and have declared these days off from work as my days of reflection.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:01 pm »
Have you all seen the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week?

Seems this thread is *very* in vogue!

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20153312_20153315_20295015,00.html

entertainment of the week 13 hottest female vampire

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20153312_20153315_20294968,00.html

entertainment of the week 14 hottest male vampire

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »
Thanks for the links! I will read them soon! :D

I love vampires. I think they are very romantic and sexy. Even the very ugly and distorted looking vampires have a unique charm about them- although I'd choose Louis or Spike over Nosferatu (Count Orlok) any day of the week! :P

I have a vampire thread over at my blog. You all are welcome to post in it any time you want. I don't think anyone has been there in weeks and it probably needs to be dusted off!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,36047.0.html

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »
Thank you!

I guess it speaks volumes about the huge big crowd of vampires out there in pop-culture land when the original, real and for true one, Count Dracula, doesn't make the cut! They really should have gone with the 15 hottest and included Gary Oldman's Prince of Darkness.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2009, 03:56:33 pm »
Thank you!

I guess it speaks volumes about the huge big crowd of vampires out there in pop-culture land when the original, real and for true one, Count Dracula, doesn't make the cut! They really should have gone with the 15 hottest and included Gary Oldman's Prince of Darkness.

totally agree with you, I miss the real count Dracula,(never thought I would say that in my life), Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt. And putting Angel as number ONE!!!! thats sucks. Then I think our survey is much better. And more fair. 

Offline Sophia

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2009, 04:00:15 pm »
Thanks for the links! I will read them soon! :D

I love vampires. I think they are very romantic and sexy. Even the very ugly and distorted looking vampires have a unique charm about them- although I'd choose Louis or Spike over Nosferatu (Count Orlok) any day of the week! :P

I have a vampire thread over at my blog. You all are welcome to post in it any time you want. I don't think anyone has been there in weeks and it probably needs to be dusted off!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,36047.0.html

Thanks for telling us. I will have a peek later on.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2009, 05:09:16 pm »
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20153312_20153315_20295015,00.html

entertainment of the week 13 hottest female vampire

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20153312_20153315_20294968,00.html

entertainment of the week 14 hottest male vampire

Site takes forever to go from screen to screen.  They have many from our polls here.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2009, 01:47:20 pm »
The Vampire Diaries starts TONIGHT at 8 pm ET on the CW! :D

Offline Sophia

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 05:51:10 pm »
The Vampire Diaries starts TONIGHT at 8 pm ET on the CW! :D

nice.. have seen two episodes, its bit different from true blood but I like it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:17 am »
nice.. have seen two episodes, its bit different from true blood but I like it.

Are you still watching it? I am, and I love the series.

And I find Stefan and Damon absolutely sexy and adorable.

Paul Wesley as Stefan

Ian Somerhalder as Damon

Offline Sophia

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2010, 06:08:05 am »
I still follow it, its an awesome series.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »
Guess I'm not much of a Fang Banger, because I'm checking this thread out for only the first time. And I haven't seen any of the vampires listed except Jonathan Frid/Barnabas Collins/"Dark Shadows" in the '60s and, more recently, Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen/"Twilight." So I voted for the latter, because the former I never found all that appealing in any romantic sense.

But I recently saw the two "Twilights," and I'll have to say, they were very cute! And I could certainly understand RP/EC's romantic appeal. So now I'm a fan. I mean, not to the point of having "Twilight" pillowcases on my bed (a friend recently purchased a set for a niece), but to the point of looking forward to the next installment.

Now I'd be interested in checking out "Interview With." After all, I used to live in the same city as Anne Rice. Plus, I am a fan of Tom Cruise the movie star. Which is to say that, much as I am turned off by his real-life eccentricities, and even though I am not necessarily blown away by his acting, I think he is a good movie star.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 02:09:21 am »
You really should watch "Interview With The Vampire" Katherine. I think you'd like it. And New Orleans is showcased quite a bit in the movie - both in its historical and modern form.

And Brad Pitt is so CUTE in it!

I also enjoyed both Twilight and New Moon. Very cute and sweet. Have you seen "The Vampire Diaries" on the CW? It's also very good, as is True Blood on HBO. Both have similar themes as the Twilight series - ie cute vampire meets girl. Girl falls in love with cute vampire. Cute vampire falls in love with girl. But still very good never-the-less.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 02:22:28 am »
I finally saw "Twilight" on cable last night and was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was.  It was filmed with nice style, and the actors are perfectly cast.  I can certainly see why the little girls' hearts are going pittypat.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...