Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90893 times)

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2009, 03:14:22 pm »
Milo, I have to ask...  who's being dramatic now?

Agreed !!!

I would say the this all sounds like drama queen, crybaby talk.
If some don't agree with you, drama starts.
Nobody is right all the time.

I might not agree, or not like some on here, but I would NEVER insinuate some people on here are
fucking useless or sissy.  

If that isn't a personal attack, I don't know what is.

You can color it however you want, but it was intended to be nasty, and trying to paint it
as anything other then a less then vague personal attack on those you don't like here is
ludicrous.

You even said the same thing on another thread here and I still don't understand why it was left to
stand.

Good luck to you Milo

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2009, 03:17:00 pm »
Arguably, that's what a lot of this discussion is about. 

It really is.

I guess that is what the ignore button is for.

Let me go find it.

:)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2009, 03:18:25 pm »
NO ONE on this site is "fuckin useless"!!  And you saying so is a personal attack, no matter how you try to intellectualise it.  If you honestly don't see it that way, then the rest of this discussion is going to be pretty pointless.

I don't. Its not personal because I didn't name names.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2009, 03:18:51 pm »
Oh, Katherine, you should start painting again and sell your stuff on ebay !!!!!!!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2009, 03:21:18 pm »
Throwing around generalized ugly and offensive characteristics represents no more than colourful statements?

Well, allright then.  ???

For the sake of good order I'd like to point out that you forgot to include "misogynists" among your list of what *some* Bettermostians are. Because some surely fit that bill too.

Also, I agree with what others have said here - calling some, or even one, "fucking useless" can't be seen as anything less than offensive whichever way you look at it.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2009, 03:28:44 pm »
For the sake of good order I'd like to point out that you forgot to include "misogynists" among your list of what *some* Bettermostians are. Because some surely fit that bill too.

Also, I agree with what others have said here - calling some, or even one, "fucking useless" can't be seen as anything less than offensive whichever way you look at it.

I'm sure there are some misogynists here too. You're probably more sensitive that than I am.

I don't see how my post was any more offensive than what has been posted here time and again about Christians, Republicans, men in the closet, straight men, etc. And each of those groups has representatives here at Bettermost too.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2009, 03:30:01 pm »
Well, I'm checking out of this.

We've been told mods/admin are looking at the situation and they've sure gotten something more to look at.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2009, 03:33:56 pm »
Well, I'm checking out of this.

We've been told mods/admin are looking at the situation and they've sure gotten something more to look at.

Yep !!

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2009, 03:55:45 pm »
... but I'm just too darn nosey!!  :P

It's a great tool !!!

No more drama queen posts. 

;)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2009, 05:06:41 pm »
Oh, Katherine, you should start painting again and sell your stuff on ebay !!!!!!!

I guess for some reason I've been finding it more entertaining and productive to spend my time exchanging insults with people online.  :laugh:

I'm reading this great book Rapt, by Winifred Gallagher (wisely recommended, for the record, by our own Front-Ranger!). One of the many excellent points she makes is that people tend to be much happier when they're doing activities that are creative, absorbing, engaging, etc. For example, playing the piano, woodworking, writing, gardening, gourmet cooking, etc. (different things for different people, obviously).

However, those activities require a certain degree of concentration, preparation and energy. People come home from work and they don't want to go to the bother. Instead, they turn on the TV (or computer). So they wind up spending 80 percent of their time doing something that, in the end, they don't find as rewarding. And that ends up being their life.

Disclaimer: Coming here, to me, is about socializing with friends and often requires thinking -- about one's opinions, about how to express one's thoughts, about learning new things, etc. -- so it's not in exactly the same category as watching mindless TV. I have to wonder, though, if when I come here and wind up engaging in bitchfests if I'm making the best use of my time.