Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156302 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 02:13:01 am »
SPOILERS

I don't know which is funnier:

"Constipated? I didn’t know jerkin off was good for that ...”

or

“I can’t pee in that bathroom no more now!”

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh, good grief.  But what's not funny is the foundation of all this absurdity.  And with the department stretched beyond its limits as it is.   >:(

yep, and do you know where it all stems from?  The Grand Unified Theory that would require a detective and a few not-so-religious and very observant folks from out of town to investigate more deeply, which would explain all of the monkey business?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2009, 12:39:11 am »
finally I eked out time in the evening to write!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/328263.html  Chapter 27
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2009, 12:23:51 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, I like Dr. Boudreau very much!  He's handling Ellery quite impressively, all things considered.  And he specializes in immunity - which ties in very nicely with what Nicky told Jeremy recently about being tested.  But poor Ellery, for someone as intelligent as he is and with his law enforcement background, this entire process is all the more difficult.

And poor Colson, too. The situation - or I guess I should say situations - with the girls give him something else to focus on, but certainly add additional stress.  And, no, Colson, Ellery wasn't imagining Katie Ann's crisis!  I'm really enjoying watching everything fall together.  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 09:54:48 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, I like Dr. Boudreau very much!  He's handling Ellery quite impressively, all things considered.  And he specializes in immunity - which ties in very nicely with what Nicky told Jeremy recently about being tested.  But poor Ellery, for someone as intelligent as he is and with his law enforcement background, this entire process is all the more difficult.

And poor Colson, too. The situation - or I guess I should say situations - with the girls give him something else to focus on, but certainly add additional stress.  And, no, Colson, Ellery wasn't imagining Katie Ann's crisis!  I'm really enjoying watching everything fall together.  Thanks, Louise.

I got a good night's sleep last night thanks to narcotic pain relief for my knee, and am taking a little nappy poo prior to writing the next chapter!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2009, 04:09:12 am »

Back to the Alamo Apartments!

Remember the Alamo!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/328613.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, good grief!  Skull, foot, ankle, knee - if this keeps up someone will break an arm or have an appendicitis attack next.  We haven't gotten to those body parts yet!  Poor Esteban - that sounded so painful!  Henry sure has his work cut out for him.  I think the department passed its breaking point a while back!  Great stuff - thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2009, 09:45:52 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, good grief!  Skull, foot, ankle, knee - if this keeps up someone will break an arm or have an appendicitis attack next.  We haven't gotten to those body parts yet!  Poor Esteban - that sounded so painful!  Henry sure has his work cut out for him.  I think the department passed its breaking point a while back!  Great stuff - thanks, Louise!

There will come a point when sanity has to return, I am sure!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2009, 02:48:03 am »

Another chapter - which may not actually be 'done-done' - it's a bit short.  But I've run out of night to write in!

Agents of the Law:  Chapter 29  http://louisev.livejournal.com/328817.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »

SPOILERS

No, it wasn't too short, Louise - but I can't say I'm not eager for the next chapter!   :laugh:  The Red Stallion?  She's going to the Red Stallion?  Oh, Colson will love that!   I half wish he had come around in time to see Katie Ann with her ear up to Nick and Jeremy's door!  Good Lord.  This girl just doesn't learn.  What has Sam McElhaney gotten himself into?

...wanton dessert recipes!”     :laugh: :laugh:

I have to say, though, that the twins are entertaining for sure!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2009, 12:04:12 am »
Thanks for your patience... real life is kicking me right in the knee!  and I am also very busy with work (I am going to be working some overtime next week but I get this weekend to myself!) and I just wrote a long tome about my medical situation, but I'm falling asleep from my latest codeine pill and need to take a nap before I write again, so I'll be working on "Agents" again BY tomorrow!

ETA: it's tomorrow, and I'm hard at work on Chapter 30!!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:29:58 pm by louisev »