Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156316 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2009, 01:56:32 pm »
SPOILERS

Aw, that was a really touching moment between Colson and Ellery.  And Ellery speaking with the British accent is too funny! :laugh:  As Colson said, "He's Ellery again" and that's good to see.

It looks like Katie's going to get some of that attention she's been gunning for, but maybe not quite the kind of attention she wanted.   :-\  Thanks, Louise - hope that cold gets better soon!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:48 am »
Heheheh yes a comeuppance may be on the way!  and as far as the cold goes, I'll be fine. I just need a lot more rest!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2009, 01:27:44 am »
Rest I got a lot of, and after a rejuvenating visit with twistedude and Sid in which much Greenlea news was discussed, I am ready to go on with "Agents of the Law" tonight.

stay tuned.

ETA:

Chapter 35:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/330684.html#cutid1

What was Reynolds doing in the Gents?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:59:00 am by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2009, 07:18:12 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, geez, poor Reynolds!!   Now there is something Wes really didn't need to know!   :laugh:  Or, I should say, shouldn't have needed to know if it weren't for certain overly-concerned-with-other-people's-sex-lives "weird religious nuts" in the department!  Wes's little conference with Drew should be another one for the books!! 

Thanks, Louise - it sounds like a great visit! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2009, 10:10:47 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, geez, poor Reynolds!!   Now there is something Wes really didn't need to know!   :laugh:  Or, I should say, shouldn't have needed to know if it weren't for certain overly-concerned-with-other-people's-sex-lives "weird religious nuts" in the department!  Wes's little conference with Drew should be another one for the books!! 

Thanks, Louise - it sounds like a great visit! 

I had a blast and got to meet two of my oldest and most loyal Greenlea fans:  Sid and Julie (twistedude). I think EVERYBODY knows Sid! And Julie is from Bettermost !  We had a wonderful visit, and I suppled them with THE COMPLETE WORKS free on DVD!  Because they were so gracious as to come out to see me while I was crippled!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2009, 11:07:02 am »
stay tuned, Greenlea Fans, I am off this morning and have two FULL HOURS to devote to Agents of the Law.

ETA: I only got 600 words done due to interruptions, but I am bringing the computer with me!

It'll be up later this evening!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:47:20 pm by louisev »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2009, 08:12:22 pm »
And here it is.

Chapter 36:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/331007.html

Holy smokes!  That is fascinating stuff, Louise!  (And more than a bit scary  :-\).  I read your reply to Clara's comment and, though I knew a little bit about the FLDS, I didn't know a lot of those details about baptisms of the dead.  Yikes! 

But Ned Flaherty heard more than he was supposed to ( he's GREAT, btw) - and now I'm worried for him!   Will he go to Wes with what he heard?  You always manage to surprise us.  Thanks!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2009, 12:51:55 am »
Holy smokes!  That is fascinating stuff, Louise!  (And more than a bit scary  :-\).  I read your reply to Clara's comment and, though I knew a little bit about the FLDS, I didn't know a lot of those details about baptisms of the dead.  Yikes! 

But Ned Flaherty heard more than he was supposed to ( he's GREAT, btw) - and now I'm worried for him!   Will he go to Wes with what he heard?  You always manage to surprise us.  Thanks!

oh i've been plotting and scheming ever since Colson arrived in Greenlea!  and yes it is scary.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2009, 01:03:02 am »
oh i've been plotting and scheming ever since Colson arrived in Greenlea!  and yes it is scary.

Okay gang, everyone missed out this weekend, so I'm writing at this hour.  And I do mean "hour"!

ETA: not going to make it tonight but I will have a chapter out tomorrow.  Darn day job!