Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156333 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 09:28:20 pm »
Okay, here is chapter 11!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/3801044188_eb922423d6.jpg

Cool picture, Louise - but I think this is the link you meant to post  :) :

http://louisev.livejournal.com/323678.html

SPOILERS

Ah, great to see Henry with a spring in his step!   ;D  Wes made me laugh with his second  “How’s the ADA?”  And I like Henry more and more each chapter.  He not only knows his stuff, he obviously makes it his business to educate himself in ways that will help him do his job well, i.e., Mormon history. 

"I want ya ta go over an see Ellery Cantrell an find out why he is actin like such a loud angry sumbitch...."

:laugh:  Well, part of just comes with being Ellery Cantrell, I think.  But I take Wes' point .....

And so it begins, Henry thought to himself.

Indeed.  I take it as a positive sign that Reynolds wanted Henry's professional opinion - and that he wants the "long answer."  At least he's not taking Stevens' word for it!   ::)  More and more it looks like Henry was hired none to soon!  This sequel is shaping up to be as fascinating as "The Persistence of Memory" and that's no small feat!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 09:34:51 pm »
heheheh good catch on the link!  I'm not tired am I?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 05:25:56 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2009, 01:10:00 pm »
....and.... chapter 12!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/324131.html

SPOILERS

Maybe it's just as well Jeremy is off for a couple more days - there's enough tension in the office as it is!  And, oh my, I'm afraid Stevens is going to be in for a rude awakening if he's looking for an ally in Henry against the sundry riff-raff and sinners among them. 

“I do all the venial sins,” Esteban said. “If I didn’t I’d be dead now. No wonder Stevens is such a sumbitch. I would be if I didn’t either.”

:laugh: :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 01:55:38 pm »
SPOILERS

Maybe it's just as well Jeremy is off for a couple more days - there's enough tension in the office as it is!  And, oh my, I'm afraid Stevens is going to be in for a rude awakening if he's looking for an ally in Henry against the sundry riff-raff and sinners among them. 

“I do all the venial sins,” Esteban said. “If I didn’t I’d be dead now. No wonder Stevens is such a sumbitch. I would be if I didn’t either.”

:laugh: :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!

oh yes, he could very well be....!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 12:00:23 am »
And... chapter 13!  As the stomach churns!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/324362.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 01:38:53 pm »
SPOILERS

“Don’t you just think it’d be so romantic, if they’d just break up with each other an date us instead?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG, I can't stand it!  The Twins of Delusion!

I wouldn’t mind if Nick went off with a man now an again, as long as he paid enough attention ta me,” Pam said.

The chances of Nick giving Pam that kind of "attention" are about the same as the chances that Ellery has sex fantasies about women!  A big fat ZERO.  And, btw, Pam - that whole going off with a man now an again thing - how they'd work out with your PARENTS?  Good grief. 

But I wonder what's up with Laura and why she won't go to the doctor .....

“I know. Ya didn’t need ta hear that. It’s the Percodan.”

:laugh:  Good excuse, Ellery!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »
SPOILERS

“Don’t you just think it’d be so romantic, if they’d just break up with each other an date us instead?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG, I can't stand it!  The Twins of Delusion!

I wouldn’t mind if Nick went off with a man now an again, as long as he paid enough attention ta me,” Pam said.

The chances of Nick giving Pam that kind of "attention" are about the same as the chances that Ellery has sex fantasies about women!  A big fat ZERO.  And, btw, Pam - that whole going off with a man now an again thing - how they'd work out with your PARENTS?  Good grief. 

But I wonder what's up with Laura and why she won't go to the doctor .....

“I know. Ya didn’t need ta hear that. It’s the Percodan.”

:laugh:  Good excuse, Ellery!

Yeah, how DID that work out for Pam and Katy Ann's parents?  But you know the old saw, that women don't see men as they are, they see them as they'll be after the makeover!  "I can change him!"  In that respect they aren't a whole lot different than their momma!!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 03:52:41 pm »
Yeah, how DID that work out for Pam and Katy Ann's parents?  But you know the old saw, that women don't see men as they are, they see them as they'll be after the makeover!  "I can change him!"  In that respect they aren't a whole lot different than their momma!!

Oh, absolutely!  For all the complaining they do about Laura, neither of them realize some of the patterns that they're following - sad, but very believable. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 12:49:48 am »
Sorry... no time to write tonight!  But i was sure thinking about things!!!

I am sure something will - er, erupt - tomorrow.

Question for ponderers:  what was Reynolds doing in the Gents?