Author Topic: All-women online boards different from all-men onlline boards?  (Read 8695 times)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: All-women online boards different from all-men onlline boards?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »
OK Milo point taken  :) ... what did you mean by generalization?  :)

What I mean is that I have noticed a pattern or prevalence via my own experience, and/or communicating with others who have noticed it.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:22 pm »
From my experiences on here, men ARE prone to do that.

On here...you bet!!
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:23 pm »
... and perhaps in my experience, men are more prone to pedantry than women. 

True. But I don't see that as a drawback. Men tend to gravitate toward empirical stuff. Baseball statistics, philosophy, abstract reasoning, etc. Hell, I do it myself. I can sit and talk about economics, and corporate shit for hours on end without tiring of it.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 01:13:44 pm »
and perhaps in my experience, men are more prone to pedantry than women.

True. But I don't see that as a drawback. Men tend to gravitate toward empirical stuff. Baseball statistics, philosophy, abstract reasoning, etc. Hell, I do it myself. I can sit and talk about economics, and corporate shit for hours on end without tiring of it.

Um, yeah, I don't see pedantry as a problem either.  I think men are more famous for being pedantric, but that's not something that's a strictly male trait, IMO.  I used to work for a law-firm, we had women lawyers.  I have a background in the hard sciences, which many women also share.  Teaching is an occupation dominated by women.  Women are quite capable and quite commonly as absorbed by following the rules, being obsessed with detail and book learning as any man.