Author Topic: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt the new Jake Gyllenhaal?  (Read 27194 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt the new Jake Gyllenhaal?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 12:03:30 pm »
this thread made me think of what Jake once said about stardom

"First, it's 'Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?,' then it's 'Get me Jake Gyllenhaal,' then 'Get me someone who looks like Jake Gyllenhaal,' and then 'Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?'...Right now, I'm between 'Who is Jake Gyllenhaal?' and 'Get me Jake Gyllenhaal.' "

Maybe he has moved on to the "Get me someone who looks like Jake Gyllehaal" stage? :)

That's a very astute statement of Jake's.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »
Even though he plays a "Jack" in (500) Days of Summer, JGL is definitely a Heath! His face is closed and open at the same time...very intriguing. I just watched the movie yesterday and so today I'm all pensive over destiny vs coincidence. Hmmm, I think it's a combination, just as it happened in the end, when his character found out that a girl he met hung out at the same spot he did, but he had never noticed her because he hadn't been looking.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 04:29:53 pm »
My internet went down and I meant to include this in my last post -

Actually, wasn't he a kid D.J. couldn't stand?

They had a real eye for talent on that show.  John Goodman, of course.  He hadn't done anything major yet when he started.  George Clooney, Laurie Metcalf, Estelle Parsons, Shelley Winters, Martin Mull, Fred Willard, Ned Beatty, Sally Kirkland, Tim Curry. 

They certainly did, and in addition, one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much, I'm sure, is that Joss Whedon (Buffy/Serenity/Firefly/etc) was a principal writer.

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 03:15:32 am »
They certainly did, and in addition, one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much, I'm sure, is that Joss Whedon (Buffy/Serenity/Firefly/etc) was a principal writer.

8)

Hunh, that's interesting.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:48 pm »
Another peripheral factoid is that Glenn Quinn, who was Doyle on "Angel" also played Becky's boyfriend on "Roseanne". It was supposed to be a one-shot deal but became a recurring role. Sadly Quinn overdosed on heroin, I believe, after his "Angel" role wasn't working out. I liked his character and hated to see him go. I'm sure HubbyMeno knows more about it than I do. 
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 02:55:02 pm »
Another peripheral factoid is that Glenn Quinn, who was Doyle on "Angel" also played Becky's boyfriend on "Roseanne". It was supposed to be a one-shot deal but became a recurring role. Sadly Quinn overdosed on heroin, I believe, after his "Angel" role wasn't working out. I liked his character and hated to see him go. I'm sure HubbyMeno knows more about it than I do. 

I never knew that he was in roseanne. I thought he was very good in Angel. I did vagult know Jss Whedon had started there.

John Galecki  too is great. He was Darlene's boyfriend in Roseanne but is now Leonard Hofstadter, in The Big Bandg Theory. He's been in a fair few things, but his comedic timing.. *love*

Sarah Gilbert (Darlne) has also done well for herself. She's been in 24 ER and the Big Bang Theory amongst others. (Did you know that she has 2 kids with her female ? I didn't)

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 04:38:29 am »
I'm sorry to hear that Glenn Quinn died.  He was very good as the bad boy on Roseanne.

I've always thought it is interesting about sisters Melissa Gilbert and Sara Gilbert - one played sweetness and light on "Little House on the Prairie," and the other so snarly and dark on "Roseanne."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 11:23:44 am »
I've always thought it is interesting about sisters Melissa Gilbert and Sara Gilbert - one played sweetness and light on "Little House on the Prairie," and the other so snarly and dark on "Roseanne."

I didn't know they were sisters!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 01:19:59 pm »
I didn't know they were sisters!

Technically, half-sisters. Same mother, different father.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004960/bio
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 01:32:56 pm »
I remember being surprised when I learned that they are (half)sisters, despite the same last name (duh). But once I knew it, I totally saw it. And I remember being smitten by Melissa Gilbert as a kid, and the same goes for Sara many years later.

I never saw Sara Gilbert in anything else than Roseanne and a few episodes of ER. In the latter, she played some kind of adult Darlene. Same type. Loved her anyway.

Oh, and if Darlene weren't such an exotic name in Germany, we would have named our second daughter Darlene. Hubby and I both love the name :).