Author Topic: BBM shirts in museum display in LA!  (Read 15968 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
BBM shirts in museum display in LA!
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:33:52 am »
There is a recent LA Times article all about the new display of the BBM shirts at the Autry National Center of the American West
Museum in LA: 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-shirts9-2009aug09,0,115173.story

There is actually a box to click on in the upper right of the museum's main web page "Iconic Shirts From
"Brokeback Mountain" on Display in Autry's Imagination Gallery"   :o

http://www.autrynationalcenter.org/

It links to a specific web page with details:

http://www.autrynationalcenter.org/brokeback_mountain.php

There is also a short item in the Advocate:

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid104270.asp

I only know about this because my husband, David, E-mailed photos of the Alberta Pilgrimage to friends
and one sent him the link to the LA Times article.  As it turns out, I will be in LA Aug. 20-24 and was
planning on going to the Autry National Center of the American West anyway to see another exhibit. 
So I am sure glad I found out about the shirts!   :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:14:16 am by ptannen »
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: BBM shirts in museum display in LA!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:30:10 am »
oooh!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:21:59 am »
Thanks for posting this Pete :)

The LA Times article is really cute. The author might not be a Brokie, but at she understood our movie.
And I loved that the owner of the shirts takes care that they will stay entwined forever (wouldn't have thought otherwise from a Brokie, but still).

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:00:01 am »
WOW!

Pete - you´re one lucky guy!

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:55 pm »
Sunday I went to the Autry National Center of the American West Museum in LA and saw the BBM shirts and postcard!   :)
It was a very moving experience.  I will post my pictures later.

After I got back I E-mailed the Autry Center to ask about an upcoming October panal discussion that I read about in their BBM press release:

"The Autry Center of the American West is currently in negotiations to house the archives of the International Gay Rodeo Association, and an October panel about what it means to be gay in the West is also in the works."

They will be letting me know more about the panal when it is finalized.  They also sent a link to an event they had recently to inaugarate the display of the shirts.  It has many photos of the event:

http://www.abelpix.com/Events/Autry/Brokeback-Mountain-Exhibit/9246743_55KvQ#617377962_9xd7M

They also E-mailed me the program for the event and a press release (copied below):

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Brokeback Mountain Shirts Installation Celebration
Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 10am

A celebration of the installation of the two intertwined shirts worn by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in the film represent struggle between heritage and acceptance in gay cowboy culture. The shirts are on display as part of a reinstallation of the Contemporary Westerns case in the Autry’s Imagination Gallery.

The Western movie genre is an American art form that has played a crucial role in the development of American popular culture. Putting the Western into a larger historical context, the Imagination Gallery shows how the genre has evolved over the last one hundred years in response to social and cultural changes taking place in America. The iconic shirts are at the center of the Contemporary Westerns case highlighting Brokeback Mountain’s significance in keeping the genre alive and thriving in the new millennium.

10 a.m.
Arrivals and Reception in Museum Lobby

10:15am
Program begins in the Museum of the American West Imagination Gallery

Welcome by John Gray, Autry National Center President and CEO

Stephen Aron, UCLA professor and Executive Director, Institute for the Study of the American West at the Autry

Jeffrey Richardson, Autry National Center assistant curator for film and popular culture

Gregory Hinton, author and filmmaker who brought the collector and the museum together and originated the idea for the gallery display

Tom Gregory, noted film memorabilia collector who acquired the Brokeback Mountain shirts in a charity auction and has generously loaned them to the Autry National Center.

11am
Program ends. One-on-one press interviews.
Visitors are welcome to meet and greet the speakers in the gallery and reception area.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yadhira De Leon
323.667.2000, ext. 327
[email protected]

For Immediate Release

Iconic Shirts From Brokeback Mountain
on Display in Autry’s Imagination Gallery

Two intertwined shirts worn by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in the film
represent struggle between heritage and acceptance in gay cowboy culture
On display starting July 28, 2009

Los Angeles (July 27, 2009) —The Autry National Center is proud to announce the installation of
the two intertwined shirts worn by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in the Focus Features 2005
groundbreaking film Brokeback Mountain, also starring Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway.
The shirts will be displayed as part of a reinstallation of the Contemporary Westerns case in the
Autry’s Imagination Gallery. Directed by Oscar winner Ang Lee, the film is adapted from the
short story by Pulitzer Prize–winning author E. Annie Proulx in her Close Range: Wyoming
Stories collection. The shirts are on loan from collector, producer, and sociopolitical commentator
Tom Gregory.

The Western genre is an American art form that has played a crucial role in the development of
American popular culture. Putting the Western into a larger historical context, the Imagination
Gallery shows how the genre has evolved over the last one hundred years in response to social
and cultural changes taking place in America. The iconic shirts are at the center of the
Contemporary Westerns case in order to highlight Brokeback Mountain’s significance in keeping
the Western genre alive and thriving in the new millennium, and also to spotlight the LGBT
community’s struggle for safety and inclusion in the rural, Western communities from where
many originate yet often feel forced to abandon.

Noted author Gregory Hinton conceived the idea of displaying the iconic shirts at the Autry while
doing research for his fifth novel, Night Rodeo. “I noticed they were missing,” Hinton told
Gregory when he tracked him down on his website on New Year’s Day 2009. Mr. Gregory, owner
of the iconic shirts, won them in a 2006 charity auction. At their first meeting, Mr. Gregory
confessed to Mr. Hinton that after he bought them, he had assumed he would be hearing from
museums offering to display the shirts. No one called until Mr. Hinton did, three years later.
“My feelings were hurt,” Mr. Gregory admitted. “Not for me, but for the shirts, for what they
represent,” he said. On July 28, 2009, six months after the idea was first presented to the
Autry, the intertwined shirts worn by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal will be displayed at the
museum.

Accompanying the shirts in the case are mannequins of Steve McQueen from the historical epic
Tom Horn (1980) and Jeff Bridges from the revisionist Western Wild Bill (1995), along with the
gun belts and revolvers worn by Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short in the comedy
¡Three Amigos! (1986). A special section devoted to the career of actor-director Clint Eastwood
includes mannequins from Pale Rider (1985) and Unforgiven (1992).

The Autry seeks to explore all the peoples of the American West, and the exhibition of the shirts
is part of a larger attempt to examine the LGBT community’s contribution to the West and the
Western genre. The Autry is currently in negotiations to house the archives of the International
Gay Rodeo Association, and an October panel about what it means to be gay in the West is also
in the works.

Brokeback Mountain Partial List of Awards
At the end of its theatrical run, Brokeback Mountain ranked eighth among the highest-grossing
romantic dramas of all time.

Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Score, Academy Award.
Most nominations (eight) for the 78th Academy Awards.

BMI Film Music Award, BMI Film & TV Awards

Best American Film (Bedste amerikanske film), Bodil Awards

Best Film, Best Screenplay, and Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role-
Jake Gyllenhaal, David Lean Award for Direction, British Academy of Film and Television Arts

Best Director, Best Picture, and Best Supporting Actress-Michelle Williams,
Critics Choice Award

Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Motion Pictures, Directors Guild of America

Outstanding Film - Wide Release, GLAAD Media Award

Best Director- Motion Picture, Best Motion Picture - Drama, Best Original Song- Motion Picture,
and Best Screenplay- Motion Picture, Golden Globe Award

Best Director, Best Feature, Independent Spirit Awards

Motion Picture Producer of the Year Award, Producers Guild of America

Golden Lion, Venice Film Festival

Best Adapted Screenplay, Writers Guild of America

About Tom Gregory
Los Angeles-based entertainment and sociopolitical commentator Tom Gregory’s passion for
classic Hollywood movies and collectibles reaches back to his childhood. At age four he acquired
his first autographed Hollywood portrait photo, and he has since amassed one of the foremost
collections in the world. Along with that passion is Gregory’s core belief that the great, golden-era
films have timeless values and plentiful examples of keep-your-chin-up grit that would well serve
21st-century viewers. By way of his presence as a media personality, and his thoughtful pieces on
current events, social justice, and great entertainment, Gregory is a persuasive voice in connecting
the dots between these ideas.

Gregory’s ongoing media forums include his website, www.showbiztom.com, his regular
Huffington Post column, and radio dispatches for Leeza Gibbons’s internationally syndicated
program, Hollywood Confidential. He also has been featured on CNN, E!, and Fox News, among
other outlets, and is the face of OVGuide.com, the Internet’s premier source for indexing online
video content. Recently, Gregory expanded his reach to the Great White Way with his debut as a
Broadway producer on the 2009 revival of Guys and Dolls at the Nederlander Theatre.

About Gregory Hinton
The son of a country newspaper editor, Gregory Hinton was born in Wolf Point, Montana, on the
Fort Peck Indian Reservation. Raised in Cody, Wyoming, Hinton graduated from the University of
Colorado at Boulder, which he attended on a creative writing scholarship. He is the author of four
critically acclaimed novels, including Cathedral City (2001), Desperate Hearts (2002), The Way
Things Ought to Be (2003), and Santa Monica Canyon (2007). All of his books are endorsed by
the American Library Association’s Booklist, among other national reviews.

Hinton is also an independent filmmaker whose credits include It’s My Party (1996), which
premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and Circuit (2003), which received international
theatrical distribution.

For his fifth novel, Night Rodeo, Gregory Hinton has just completed a 2009 Spring Residency at
the prestigious Ucross Foundation in Wyoming. To assist him in the completion of Night Rodeo,
Hinton was awarded an honorarium by the Cody Institute of Western American Studies. Hinton
recently spoke at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in the Whitney Gallery of Western Art
Summer Art Lecture Series. The title of his lecture was “Waiting for a Chinook: Searching for
My Father—AWyoming Country Editor.”

About the Autry National Center
The Autry National Center is an intercultural history center dedicated to exploring the experiences
and perceptions of the diverse peoples of the American West. The Autry celebrates the cultures of
the American West through three institutions on two Los Angeles campuses: the Southwest
Museum of the American Indian in Mt. Washington; the Museum of the American West in
Griffith Park; and the Institute for the Study for the American West, which comprises the Braun
Research Library and the Autry Library and is headquartered in Griffith Park.

The Autry National Center’s hours of operation at its Griffith Park location have changed. The
new weekday hours for the Autry’s Museum of the American West are Tuesday through Friday,
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The museum store’s new weekday hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday hours for the museum and the museum store are 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. On Thursdays from July 1 to August 31, hours for the museum and museum store are
10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The museum and museum store will continue to be closed on Mondays.

Admission is $9 for adults, $5 for students and seniors 60+, $3 for children 3–12, and free for
Autry members, veterans, and children 2 and under. Admission is free on the second Tuesday of
every month.

###

Museum of the American West 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, CA 90027 • T 323.667.2000 • F 323.660.5721 • AutryNationalCenter.org
Southwest Museum 234 Museum Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90065 • T 323.221.2164 • F 323.224.8223 • SouthwestMuseum.org

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 08:26:23 pm »
Here are the photos from my visit to this exhibit, along with photos of the exhibit labels below the artifacts:

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:22 pm »
Exhibit labels below the other artifacts in this display:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »
Thanks for the report and the pics, Pete!  The shirts look awesome hanging on that door with the postcard.  I keep straining my eyes to see the bloodstains, but no luck.  Do these shirts have bloodstains?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 01:01:02 am »
Thanks for the report and the pics, Pete!  The shirts look awesome hanging on that door with the postcard.  I keep straining my eyes to see the bloodstains, but no luck.  Do these shirts have bloodstains?

I can see something in Pete's pic that might be bloodstains (respectively remains of artificial blood) or might be not. You can't see it well because the right sleeves are in the shadow.

Here's a pic from the Autry Center website. You can see the remains, but they're faded:

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 02:52:33 am »
I was also looking for the blood, but like Chrissie points out, the stain seems to have faded.

I´m very pleased with the way they displayed it in the centre and with the wooden board as a backdrop.

Thanks Pete for posting, it almost feels like I was there myself. I hope the shirts will find their way to a more permanent exhibition.

When it came - thirty cents - he pinned it up in his trailer, a brass-headed tack in each corner. Below it he drove a nail and on the nail he hung the wire hanger and the two old shirts suspended from it. He stepped back and looked at the ensamble through a few stinging tears.
"Jack, I swear - " he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 02:57:04 am »
Thanks Pete for posting, it almost feels like I was there myself. I hope the shirts will find their way to a more permanent exhibition.

Oh, I completely forgot: Thank you Pete for sharing your visit at the museum and The Shirts :-*.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 07:18:19 am »
Thanks Pete for posting these pictures. Seeing those shirt (very well displayed like Buffy said) must have been a goosebumps moment.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:32 pm »
I hope the shirts will find their way to a more permanent exhibition.

This is Autry's permanent exhibit on The West.  I don't know if the shirts are on permanent loan, but I will ask the museum staff person I have been in touch with.

As for the blood stains, one of my friends in LA saw these shirts when they were displayed somewhere else and he said that they looked like they were warshed - no more blood.

Pete

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 12:03:42 am »
Excellent report and pics Pete.  I'm gonna have to make it on over there next time I'm down that a way..

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:02 pm »
I'M GOIN' TO SEE THE SHIRTS! 

This Sunday!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:29:02 am »
WOW!   :o

Takin the train? 

But if you wait until October, you could also go to the panel about what it means to be gay in the West.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:27 am »
Takin the train? 

Yeppers.  ;)

But if you wait until October, you could also go to the panel about what it means to be gay in the West.

I might try'n hit that up too...  :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 02:06:38 am »

This Sunday!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Yay Eric!
Enjoy the museum and The Shirts :).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 03:28:57 am »
Pete, thank you for taking us with you.  :)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:59:07 am »
Here be me and the shirts at the Museum on Sunday.

Also playtime on the display horsie.  They provide the clothes so's you can dress up Cowboy and all..  :D

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 01:00:37 am »

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 01:18:37 am »
Thank you so much, Pete and Eric, for all of the information and photos - it was definitely the next best thing to being there. 
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 12:30:30 pm »
Great pictures - especially you on the horsey!

Thanks.  Glad you got to see The Shirts.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:52 pm »

Well now, that's a fashion statement and no mistake!  ;D

Neato that you saw The Shirts, Eric.  Thanks for the pics!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:41 pm »
I like the moustache!

All them other things are crowded way too close around The Shirts. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 01:15:03 pm »
I like the moustache!

All them other things are crowded way too close around The Shirts. 
My thoughts exactly. The need to get the other rubbish out of there´ O0

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:11 pm »
My thoughts exactly. The need to get the other rubbish out of there´ O0

:laugh:

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 12:51:02 am »
Iconic Shirts From Brokeback Mountain on Display in Autry's Imagination Gallery

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoswvZVJdA[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 02:07:52 am »
Iconic Shirts From Brokeback Mountain on Display in Autry's Imagination Gallery

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoswvZVJdA[/youtube]

Thanks for posting Eric :-*.

It's lovely to see our (well, you know) Shirts so honored.

Great pics, too. Love the ones on the horse!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 04:50:22 am »
Thank you so much, Pete and Eric, for all of the information and photos - it was definitely the next best thing to being there. 

Ditto! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2009, 02:57:34 am »
Thanks for posting the video, Eric.  I still want to gripe that the shirts were squished between other stuff in the exhibit.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:03 am »
This is all so interesting!  Somehow I'd missed this thread until the current bannering... so this is great!

As a museum type myself, I'll agree that the display looks a little crowded.  But, it's so nice that the museum is treating them and the subject of BBM and the subject of being gay in the west with such respect and in-depth content.  I think that's great.  I'll be curious to learn more about the archive of the Gay Rodeo Association too, that Pete mentions earlier in this thread.  It would be nice if that finds a permanent home.  I'm curious... did any of the content address the subject of gay cowgirls... or just cowboys?

About the shirts themselves... the lack of blood bothers me more than the crowded-ness of the display case. 

I'd really love to know more about what happened to the blood... since that's such a key feature in the storyline of the shirts.  To me, having the blood washed away is a little bit like taking a piece of the BBM context away. I wonder what they use to make stage blood like that?  It seems possible that the blood material might fade away and be less intrinsically stain-y than real blood.  But, if someone actually washed the shirts... that kind of boggles my mind.  I'd be curious to know if it was someone associated with the film (costume dept, etc.) or if it was the collector.  Also, it makes me wonder if there were more than one sets of shirts.  In filmming don't they often have a couple versions of the same costume on hand?  Maybe some of the shirts were bloodless for some reason.

Also, as others have commented... it would be great if the shirts someday found a permanent home in a museum.  But, they shouldn't be displayed permanently.  To preserve fabric (like paper) properly it needs to be "rested" from time to time in the dark.  Ideally, fabric would be displayed for several months then rested in the dark for several months and then put back on display (repeat cycle).  It's astonishing how fast fabric and paper fade and change in terms of character and appearance when exposed to light for extended amonts of time.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 11:06:03 am »
Regarding the blood on the shirts, I can say that when I received my Jack's shirt (the grey one when he picks up Lureen's red hat), the first thing I did was hold it up to my nose, hoping for some faint smell of Jack...

...alas, only dry cleaning fluid. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 11:48:40 am »
About the shirts themselves... the lack of blood bothers me more than the crowded-ness of the display case. 

I'd really love to know more about what happened to the blood... since that's such a key feature in the storyline of the shirts.  To me, having the blood washed away is a little bit like taking a piece of the BBM context away. I wonder what they use to make stage blood like that?  It seems possible that the blood material might fade away and be less intrinsically stain-y than real blood.  But, if someone actually washed the shirts... that kind of boggles my mind.  I'd be curious to know if it was someone associated with the film (costume dept, etc.) or if it was the collector.  Also, it makes me wonder if there were more than one sets of shirts.  In filmming don't they often have a couple versions of the same costume on hand?  Maybe some of the shirts were bloodless for some reason.

I think they generally do have more than one copy of costume items. It also wouldn't surprise me if the shirts had been laundered by the wardrobe people shortly after use. After all, when the film was being shot, nobody could really know the impact the film would have or the following (that is to say, us  ;D) that it would inspire. There would have been no thought of preserving the shirts for posterity as bloodied because they're "such a key feature in the storyline." They would just be seen as a couple of dirty shirts that might even be used again as costumes in another film.

If a collector did it, that would have been kind of stupid because by the time the shirts were bought by a collector, they would have had value as collectables just as they are. This is why I would suspect it was the wardrobe people.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:57 pm »
Didn't know about this thread until seeing it in the header.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts, Pete and Eric!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2009, 09:51:05 am »
Didn't know about this thread until seeing it in the header.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts, Pete and Eric!

Ditto.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01:50 pm »
Howdy Pete

I wanted to tell you that I have had opportunities to use the Pass and have really enjoyed it. I went to northern Alberta  and saw the Oil Sands Discover Centre (it's amazing how much they lie about the 'low impact' of their activities!!!), and Victoria settlement which was very lovely.I was hoping for some northenr lights, but the sky was overcast... another time...  I look forward to more outings and discoveries.

How are you? And David? You were planning a trip to see the polar bears in Manitoba, have you been yet? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for the postings about the shirts. I must say I felt a stab at the heart at the photo. I had not realized they were presented on the door, with the postcard and all. Very moving. I am sure that some day, I will go see them too.

All the best, and thanks again

:-*

mouk