Author Topic: America's Got Talent - Rory's Blog  (Read 10952 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
America's Got Talent - Rory's Blog
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:00 am »
Do you know who Rory is? Rory is the flying dog from Newcastle Indiana. He charmed both the judges and the audience during the auditions...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCb_J6FgHtk[/youtube]

Tonight Rory made it into the semi finals, but only by the skin of his canine teeth. Rory ended up either fifth or sixth in the voting process and so he and his owner Tony, along with a brilliant singer named Charles DeWayne went before the judges to decide their fates.

Rory won.

Piers Morgan said if Rory makes it through it will be the biggest scandal and tragedy in the history of America's Got Talent. And I have to agree with him. Charles was clearly far more talented than Rory. Sharon Osbourne is a confirmed dog lover and David Hasselhoff is.... well.... David. He is NOT known for making good decisions on this show. So in the end, Piers voted against Rory (and rightfully so) and David voted to keep Rory and Sharon voted with David.

So Rory stays.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to see Rory stay. He's an extremely cute and talented dog. And he's also the only act from Indiana remaining in the competition. But a brilliant singer got eliminated tonight.... for a dog act. Somehow I'm having problems wrapping my head around that. In my heart of hearts I truly believe Charles should have won and Rory go home.

But the gods have spoken.

Having said that, let's see if Rory makes it through to the next round. He's a real cute, bright eyed Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix (I think) and he's quite talented, but he missed several of his frisbees on Tuesday. That was his owner's fault. They will really have to step up their performance in order to progress to the next round.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: America's Got Talent - Rory's Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:50:56 am »
Rory (with frisbee in mouth!) and his owner Tony...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:12:48 am »
Here's a pic of Rory while "in flight". Clearly these pictures were not taken during America's Got Talent, but earlier at either a local or regional competition.

He failed to catch several of his frisbees on Tuesday's show, but surprisingly managed to progress to the next round.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:19:36 am »
Tony and Rory with a trophy after one of their competitions....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:33:04 am »
This has absolutely nothing to do with Rory.

This is a video of Kevin Skinner, an unemployed farmer from Kentucky. THIS is the one I'm rooting for. I hope he wins. He's extremely talented and he seems like a legitimately nice person. Very humble.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqfMXgXKoA[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:43 pm »
Tony and Rory are back on again tonight. They are really going to have to do a good job in order to progress to the next round. I do not expect them to go through. I'm certain Piers will buzz them tonight. He's highly pissed they went through a couple of weeks ago. He was scandalized by it. Rory missed several of his frisbees and almost fell off the stage. This can't happen tonight.

He's real cute and I love the animal acts, but they only made it through by a whim and a prayer last time. So, I guess we'll see what happens tonight.

Good Luck Tony and Rory!! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:22:53 pm »
Rockin' Rory ready to wow audience again
Updated: Sep 01, 2009 9:57 PM EST

Update: To vote for Rory, call 1-866-602-4805 between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. You can vote up to 10 times. You can also text "VOTE" to 4805. (Standard text messaging rates apply.)

New Castle - An Indiana man and his dog are ready to take the stage again on "America's Got Talent."

Tony Hoard and his canine companion, "Rockin' Rory," have been winning the hearts of judges and the nation with their frisbee act. The team is in the final round of the NBC talent show and America now knows they're Hoosiers.

"I never ever thought, in my wildest dreams, that we would be able to ever represent Indiana," Hoard said.

They're representing the state and wowing the crowds with their tricks. Their last appearance made fans gasp, however, as Rockin' Rory was a little rocky during the butterfly throw routine.

"Where the end of the frisbee or disc rotates on an axis, hand over hand, instead of flying flat and it's really a neat thing when you see it happen, when the dog catches it," Hoard said.

Rory didn't catch it, but he saved himself from falling off the stage.

"It came through his legs and I did another butterfly toss and it bounced off his mouth and that's where it went over the edge. Luckily, I got Rory back and he was able to finish strong," Hoard said.

Hoard isn't giving up many details about the duo's next routine.

"Only thing I can really say on that is, I want everybody to tune into the show, because it's a secret," he said. "It's the kind of mystique of what's gonna happen. It's gonna be fun, it's gonna be cool and we're gonna have a lot of fun this round."

He says their chances are great with Hoosiers by their side.

"Just let Indiana know we appreciate them so much," Hoard said.

"America's Got Talent airs Tuesday night at 8 pm.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=11029194

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 12:55:51 am »
Well, I never updated this blog. Sorry about that.

Rory was sent home a couple of weeks ago. I figured it would happen. So he's out, but on Wednesday we will find out who will win America's Got Talent.