Author Topic: The Full Moon  (Read 98449 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Full Moon
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:24 pm »
Well, I don't receive a paycheck of any kind, so for me, Fridays are just Fridays.

Lately I've been living in more of a paycheck-to-paycheck situation, so the timing of each one has become more crucial. If the paychecks and the bills don't come together at the right time ...  :-X

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 08:26:17 am »
My Australian funds will go to MSF "Medecins Sans Frontieres" or Doctors without borders They are my favourite charity but unfortunately they are not registered in NZ. They tell me they have plans to register. The NZ government refunds one third of all donations made to registered charities. Therefore in NZ I usually choose Oxfam or Save the Children Fund. At the moment my NZ funds and house and car go to Anglican Family Care. I am sure my sister will not want to the bother of having to sell them from 2000 km away and being over 80 does not really need my money. However I am a bit p.....d off with the church at the moment but it costs to visit a solicitor and change a will.

Very nice, and organized.

I often think about leaving funds to charity, but then I wonder if there will be any funds left?  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 08:29:20 am »
Lately I've been living in more of a paycheck-to-paycheck situation, so the timing of each one has become more crucial. If the paychecks and the bills don't come together at the right time ...  :-X

Thankfully, that hasn't been an issue for me.  I put aside half of my total bill costs the first paycheck, and the second half the second paycheck.    By some strange coincidence (certainly no planning on my part) all my bills are due by around the 11th.  So I've already have the two prior months' paychecks set aside, so I just pay my bills by end of the prior month.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2015, 03:38:34 pm »
Nearly all my bills are paid direct by Mastercard which rolls over on 26th of the month and is paid automatically by the 23rd of the next month. There are a few things like rates, newspaper and garbage collection which are yearly. So my annual garbage collection bill arrived at the beginning of this month and has to be paid by 3rd August  but I arranged online for it to be paid after 23rd.
I think I have said before, we hardly use cheques now and Australia is considering getting rid of them. Most shops will not accept cheques. Many people carry very little cash and use cards all the time. I usually use cash if less than $20 eg buying a cup of coffee but more and more everyone uses cards and now you can use smart phones. Just one bill per month paid online. My main use of cash is at the farmers market but even there a number of stalls have card machines and will give cash out with a purchase.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 08:39:39 am »
I still carry cash with me, and I still use checks for a few different things.   My rent is paid by check.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 09:25:17 am »
We don't have checks here anymore, and haven't had for many years.

People pay mostly by card, but you also often see people paying in cash.

I always carry some cash on me, although not as much as in the old days.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 10:00:29 am »
I still carry cash with me, and I still use checks for a few different things.   My rent is paid by check.

I pay all my bills by check.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 11:06:19 am »
Ahem...

This extra Friday and Blue Moon give us the chance to stop and think what we would do if we were given an extra day and time ... once in a Blue Moon.

What would you do?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 03:04:10 pm »
An article in the Australian news this morning. There are some butcher shops which no longer accept cash as it is considered to carry germs.
Also it said that Denmark may be the first cashless society and New Zealand will not be far behind. Apparently in Denmark it is government policy while in NZ it is just happening.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:59 am »