Author Topic: The Full Moon  (Read 98447 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Full Moon
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 08:37:52 am »
This extra Friday and Blue Moon give us the chance to stop and think what we would do if we were given an extra day and time ... once in a Blue Moon.

What would you do?

Catch up on things I've been putting off.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »
I hope it works out for you, friend. I too have taken this opportunity to really examine my life and see what needs to be adjusted. For several months, I've felt like I've lost control over my life and I am just a marionette, being pulled by strings in one way or another.

I really love spending time with my two grandsons, but have only been able to see them about once a week, or even less. I really love spending time in my garden, but have had to neglect it. I like giving my elderly cat attention, because she is not long for this world, but I can't except for in the dead of night.

I have to be ruthless and turn my back on my church, which is always asking me to give a lot of my time. I need to give the minimum amount of time to my mom, because, to be brutally honest, it's just a time suck. I need to spend less time reading and more time writing. I'd like to spend a little less time socializing. I find myself going out 3 or 4 nights a week, and that's too much.

And I just need to relax. I need to have faith that everything will work out.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2015, 09:55:17 pm »
The full moon rising over Cape Cod Bay was intoxicating last night; and no less so, tonight, with moody, lacy clouds.

Lee, I would love to see you spend more time on your writing.  You're an amazing and evocative writer. 

Screw the time sucks and go for it. 

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2015, 12:00:27 pm »
I feel like that too. Now that I'm working 45 hours a week, I'm slightly less panicky financially, but I am really missing those extra hours I had when I was underemployed. And I regret that I didn't use them more productively, like to finish my book. [*guiltily glances up and sees that she has spent the cumulative equivalent of almost half a year on BetterMost*] Then again, I tell myself that it's hard to write a book when you're panicking financially, even if there's some faint hope that the first would help solve the second.

One difference from you is that I wish that I had a more active social life. I go out socially maybe once a week, sometimes not even that. Then again, on weeks -- especially weekends -- when I go out twice I feel all the more overwhelmed and behind on things.

When my kids are home on vacation I don't miss socializing that much. But when they're away at school it gets too quiet in my house, and of course I have more time to spare.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2015, 05:33:52 pm »
[*guiltily glances up and sees that she has spent the cumulative equivalent of almost half a year on BetterMost*]

to your benefit, as well as ours!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2015, 09:57:57 pm »
Lee, I would love to see you spend more time on your writing.  You're an amazing and evocative writer. 

Screw the time sucks and go for it. 

Thank you, friend! Fortunately, I have been able to spend a lot of time writing. Ironically, my ex is a big champion of me as a writer and has gotten me several jobs writing for an Indian foods manufacturer in NY, a buffalo ranch and the cantaloupe growers Colorado, and 2 wineries on the Western Slope of Colorado. I'm doing as much non-fiction writing as I possibly can handle. I don't seem to be very good at fiction writing but I'm going to keep trying!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »
One difference from you is that I wish that I had a more active social life. I go out socially maybe once a week, sometimes not even that. Then again, on weeks -- especially weekends -- when I go out twice I feel all the more overwhelmed and behind on things.

When my kids are home on vacation I don't miss socializing that much. But when they're away at school it gets too quiet in my house, and of course I have more time to spare.

I understand what you're saying. I always thought, before it happened, that "empty nest syndrome" was a made-up thing, but once it happened, I realized it is a Real Thing.  :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 09:40:01 am »
I understand what you're saying. I always thought, before it happened, that "empty nest syndrome" was a made-up thing, but once it happened, I realized it is a Real Thing.  :-\

Absolutely it's a Real Thing! And it's fueling the Center City real estate market in Philadelphia (perhaps elsewhere, too). All those empty nesters with big empty houses in the suburbs are discovering the amenities of city living--walking to restaurants, theaters, art galleries, etc., so they're selling those big empty houses and buying condos on Rittenhouse Square.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2015, 11:54:53 am »
Mom is slowly adapting....Mike moved out some time ago, then me going on 4 years, and once Chris is out, then she'll get hit with it.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 10:07:31 pm »
The full Sturgeon Moon approacheth!