Author Topic: The Full Moon  (Read 98450 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Full Moon
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2018, 04:33:12 pm »
It's blue skies and clear now, pretty hot as well.   Rain would be nice right now.

It hasn't rained as much as they said it would this week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2018, 09:56:15 pm »
It's blue skies and clear now, pretty hot as well.   Rain would be nice right now.

It hasn't rained as much as they said it would this week.

Why do you want rain? The only reason I, as a city-dweller but in a residential area, want rain is so I can skip watering my flowers and vegetable gardens. Otherwise it's more of a pain than anything. I missed my usual dog-walking and patio-relaxing tonight because it was chilly and cloudy and showered on and off.

People in Minnesota often wish for rain "for the farmers," and I suppose in NJ it's the same?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2018, 10:40:30 am »
Hi Katherine,

When it's hot and steamy/humid here, it gets more tolerable after a rain.   The temps will drop, and the humidity will decrease, sometimes by a great deal.

I remember one time it was about 95 degrees, and after a hard downpour, it had dropped to almost 80.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2018, 03:05:03 pm »
We have clear skies and I have been watching the lunar eclipse, now 7am and about half covered. At the moment I can see it out of my front door but sadly it is dropping towards the roof of the house next door. I may have to go up to the front gate to see it turn to blood. They say about 8.15am. It is 6'C so am not standing outside. Could be worse, it was about 2'C at this time a few days ago.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2018, 06:44:23 pm »
Thanks for the report! I don't think anyone in North America can see this one!

Full moon came and went, and my new granddaughter still isn't here. She's worth waiting for.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2018, 07:53:59 pm »
At 7.30am I was just able to see the moon above the trees as it turned orange, would not call it red.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2018, 10:17:25 am »
Hi Katherine,

When it's hot and steamy/humid here, it gets more tolerable after a rain.   The temps will drop, and the humidity will decrease, sometimes by a great deal.

I remember one time it was about 95 degrees, and after a hard downpour, it had dropped to almost 80.

Not to be all know-it-ally (or more so than usual, anyway  :laugh:) and I could be wrong. But I think it's the temperature change that brings the rain as opposed to the other way around, right?

Isn't it, like, two different fronts with different temperatures and humidity levels bumping into each other that produces rain? That's what I've always thought, anyway. The same thing happens with snow. A snowstorm might arrive on a relatively warm day, but the next day it's usually really cold.

But I'm no expert. I'm not even entirely sure what a "front" is, other than a big mass of a certain kind of weather, or why clashing fronts would produce weather unrest.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2018, 10:59:47 am »
All I can say, is that immediately after a rain on a hot day here, it feels much cooler.

No full moon last night for me, it was pouring.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 11:25:59 am »
All I can say, is that immediately after a rain on a hot day here, it feels much cooler.

Here too.

No full moon last night for me, it was pouring.

It was clear here. I sat in my backyard and watched the moon rise over the trees. Beautiful and kind of orange-ish.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 02:32:36 pm »
It was clear here. I sat in my backyard and watched the moon rise over the trees. Beautiful and kind of orange-ish.

I would've tried to take a pic, but knowing me, it wouldn't have turned out.  LOL