Author Topic: The Full Moon  (Read 98501 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: The Full Moon
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 10:34:34 pm »
Everybody gets the full moon at the same time, we just take turns during the day getting to look at it from your hemisphere and mine.  Look out tonight (in both senses) - it was quite beautiful Sunday night over Jamaica Pond near my house.  Tonight there was cloud cover.  I remember planning a trip to Newport around the moon, for practical (including romantic) reasons.  After the classical concert in the seaside mansion called The Breakers, we were able to walk back to the inn along the cliff walk right over the water entirely by moonlight.  Maybe it's why moonlight and the sea go together - the moon thrills, the sea soothes, you are left with a feeling too mixed for words.

Thanks Andrew....so i guess I go nutty (if you'll excuse the expression) the same time as everyone else does....

And.....OMG your words are so romantic.....whoever the lucky person was who walked around the cliff walk with you, I am sure would have felt just as wonderful as you did......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 10:46:58 pm »
Gee F-R! Thanks for starting a thread all about me !!
 ;)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 10:52:10 pm »
Um... I feel I'd best explain... For those of you who don't know, I play the MOON (and the SUN) in the *Performance* thread.
 :)  :D

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 12:16:39 am »
Actually, Katie77, you get to go nuts first, then Andrew on USA east coast, then me on USA west coast.  Our moments of "nuttyness" (or should that be "nuttiness") will overlap due to the earth's rotation and the International Date Line, with you getting to be first, and our friends in the far Western Pacific (Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu) go last.  The important thing is just how many of us will revert back to "normal" afterwards. :) ;D :) ..Doug

Offline Katie77

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 06:34:02 am »
I'll let you know...... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:13:23 pm »
Yes, absolutely, Amanda, I was thinking of U!! After all, the Chilean Sheepherder has spent many moons staring at U in utter awe (but not shock).

As for the questions about symptoms of full-moon-itis for Cancerians. They are: Brokeholism, sleeplessness, crabbiness, wild ideas, short attention span, yen to watch romantic movies, throwing senses to the winds, immaturity, extreme horniness, moodiness, spurts of insanity and inspiration, crying jags, attacks of the giggles, the munchies, yen for listening to CSN&Y and passionate guitar music, immaturity, spookiness, gullibility, cravings for poetry, mismatched clothing, pouting and bitchiness, fits of fancy, delusions of grandeur, despondency, moroseness, nonsequitors and bad puns, lack of concentration, intense concentration, dreams in Technicolor, and lucid ravings. Those are just the major symptoms.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:08:53 pm »
I'm a Libra, so I am no crazier than usual. But last night just before bed I looked out the big upstairs southern-facing window. The moon was almost full, bright and just over the neighbors' roof, surrounded by clear black sky and wisps of clouds ... and it looked so Ang Leeish I could swear there must be a tent scene going on somewhere.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 05:50:50 pm »
As for the questions about symptoms of full-moon-itis for Cancerians. They are: Brokeholism, sleeplessness, crabbiness, wild ideas, short attention span, yen to watch romantic movies, throwing senses to the winds, immaturity, extreme horniness, moodiness, spurts of insanity and inspiration, crying jags, attacks of the giggles, the munchies, yen for listening to CSN&Y and passionate guitar music, immaturity, spookiness, gullibility, cravings for poetry, mismatched clothing, pouting and bitchiness, fits of fancy, delusions of grandeur, despondency, moroseness, nonsequitors and bad puns, lack of concentration, intense concentration, dreams in Technicolor, and lucid ravings. Those are just the major symptoms.

Yeah, so whats new......I dont need a full moon to have all those symptoms.....I get them all the time

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:20 pm »
Um... I feel I'd best explain... For those of you who don't know, I play the MOON (and the SUN) in the *Performance* thread.
 :)  :D

Amanda - did you understudy Moonshine in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 5?  A true model in how amateur theatricals should be done.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 07:37:25 pm »
Amanda - did you understudy Moonshine in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 5?  A true model in how amateur theatricals should be done.

LOL.  No.  But, when I was a senior in high school I was the production stage manager for our schools staging of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
 ::) :D