Author Topic: "Glee" anybody?  (Read 190524 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
GOLDEN GLOBES: Chris Colfer wins gold for his role in the TV series 'Glee'
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2011, 11:32:16 pm »

http://tv.msn.com/golden-globes/2011-winners/story/?gt1=28103

GOLDEN GLOBES
Chris Colfer Is Early Winner
Actor wins gold for his role in the TV series 'Glee'

Chris Colfer scored an award for his role on 'Glee'
& sent a shout-out to kids who were bullied.

By Brent Lang
TheWrap

Chris Colfer put FOX's "Glee" on the board, winning a best supporting actor over the likes of Chris Noth
("The Good Wife") and Eric Stonestreet ("Modern Family").

"I have to thank Ryan Murphy for basically being my fairy godfather," Colfer said.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Yes!  I happened to be watching when he won!  So nice.  I really like what he said about kids who feel bullied, etc.  :)  I love both Colfer and Jane Lynch... they play my favorite characters on Glee.

LOL, I still can't get over Trent Reznor actually attending the Golden Globes, and boy, LOL was he on his best behavior tonight.  He can look so totally average when he cleans up... amazing.  I bet there are actually a fair number of NIN fans out there who are kind of worried by this.  

Nonetheless... very amusing. ;D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: "Glee" anybody?
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2011, 01:43:36 am »
I missed watching the Globes tonight. I'm so happy to hear Chris won! He deserves it. 8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2011, 02:02:07 am »
Glee starts today on German TV. I saw one episode last year on the plane and was not very impressed, to be honest. Found it not bad, but that was all.
But critics praise it in a way that appeals to me, and with many Brokies being hooked, I'll give it a try.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: GOLDEN GLOBES: Chris Colfer wins gold for his role in the TV series 'Glee'
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2011, 02:09:55 am »

GOLDEN GLOBES
Chris Colfer Is Early Winner

"Most importantly, to all the amazing kids that watch our show and the kids that our show celebrates that are constantly told no by bullies in their school and they can't be who they are ... Well, screw that, kids."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/16/chris-colfer-acceptance-speech-video/
Chris Colfer Gives
Anti-Bullying
Acceptance Speech
at Golden Globes

By PopEater Staff
Posted Jan 16th 2011 10:30PM

Click for Chris's acceptance speech:

'Glee' actor Chris Colfer had an emotional win during the 2011 Golden Globes. Accepting his award for best supporting actor, Colfer told kids who are being bullied that he is proof that they can be exactly who they are and do great things.

After thanking 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy and his castmates, he fought back tears and delivered the rest of his speech.

"Most importantly, to all the amazing kids that watch our show and the kids that our show celebrates that are constantly told no by bullies in their school and they can't be who they are ... Well, screw that, kids," Colfer said, holding up his Golden Globe.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2011, 02:13:50 am »
Glee starts today on German TV. I saw one episode last year on the plane and was not very impressed, to be honest. Found it not bad, but that was all.
But critics praise it in a way that appeals to me, and with many Brokies being hooked, I'll give it a try.

You'll be hooked after a few episodes Chrissi. Trust me. It's a brilliant series. 8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:20 am »
YaY, Chris Colfer!! I love him and his character. The show itself and Jane Lynch also won awards~~maybe others. Go Glee!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:30 am »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:53 pm »
Anne Hathaway: 'Glee' Guest Star Role Confirmed

Anne Hathaway didn't win a Golden Globe on Sunday, but may have gotten something even more exciting: a self-designed guest role on 'Glee.'

The 'Love & Other Drugs' star told Jimmy Fallon in November that she wanted to guest on 'Glee,' and series co-creator Ryan Murphy met up with Hathaway and made it happen at the big awards show.

"She walked by our table and we have a mutual friend and I said, 'Do you really want to do it?' And she said, 'I do.' And I said, 'OK, we're gonna do it,'" Murphy told Access Hollywood.

"I think we'll do it probably in a month and a half or so... I have to talk to Anne about what she wants to sing. I'm sure she has ideas," he said. "I'm excited about that."

Actually, Hathaway has more than ideas: she's got the whole thing planned out.

"In my head, I've written a part for myself on 'Glee.'" she told Fallon. "In my head I've cast myself on 'Glee' and I know what song I'd sing... I would wanna play Kurt's long-lost aunt, his mother's sister who is also gay, who comes back to help him deal with his sexuality, and I would sing, 'You Are Not Alone,'" a song from Stephen Sondheim's 'Into The Woods.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/17/anne-hathaway-glee-guest-star-role-confirmed_n_809920.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!