Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44525 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Dreaming by Cathalin
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:00:37 pm »
Hey Folks,

I thought I'd better start a thread for "Dreaming", another beautiful, well-written story by Cathalin over at LiveJournal.com.  I don't have her permission to post this here, but it is a wonderful story and it'd be great for others who have not yet heard of it, or read it to take a look.

Here is a link to Chapter 1 of the story:

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/274.html

Story Synopsis (from LJ):

What if the tragic ending of Brokeback Mountain was just a dream? Will Ennis and Jack be able to overcome their fears, their pasts, and the consequences of twenty years apart and make a life together?

Do take a look at this story by yet another brilliantly-talented author!
Please feel free to post your comments or thoughts!  :)

M.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:54:36 pm by Lucise »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:22:07 pm »
I'm following "Dreaming" for a while now and like it very much, too. Until now 14 chapters are posted (13 and 14 just last week).
In her livejounal Cathalin said, the next (and last) two chapters will be posted around end of August plus an epilogue sometime in September.

It's hard to wait such a long time from one posting of chapter/s to the next, but Dreaming is definately a story worth the wait.

Theoretical I didn't like the premise that Jack's death and the following scenes were just a dream of Ennis (this seems somehow "Dallas"-like, soap-opera like, to me). But it does not read soap-opera like from the first lines on. The story is so well-written that I was hooked from the first chapter on.
So don't let yourself be deterred from this story only by this premise. I recommend it highly.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 05:54:08 pm »
Hey Chrissi!

Great to see ya here!  :)

I don't think the Story Synopsis there does the story justice, you only need to get into it to see how well-written it is and how well the story flows.

I just printed out Chapters 13 and 14 and I can't wait to dig in, especially seeing as Chapter 12 left us in suspense!

I would love to get Cathalin to come check out Bettermost!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 06:45:01 pm »
I'm so glad you posted this.  I just now read chapter 14, after waiting weeks for it!  I was hooked from the first chapter, as it is a very well written fic with an unusual angle.  Jack and Ennis really communicate in the story, and not just sexually!  I'm eagerly awaiting the final 2 chapters and the epilogue. :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:56:22 pm »
Hey Littlewing ..

Great to see ya here!

I know we'll have to wait abit for the other 2 chapters and then some more for the Epilogue, but it's well worth the wait aint it?  ;)

Milli

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:06:09 pm »

I am a big big fan of Dreaming, can't wait for the next two chapters and the epilogue, although I am bummed that it is wrapping up... :'(

I agree, this is very well written, especially chapter 12!!!   ;) :D

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 07:54:47 pm »
I'm glad you posted this! I JUST found Dreaming yesterday and read it all in one night.  I absolutely loved it... very well written and, like everyone else said, the synopsis doesn't do it justice!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:08:47 pm »
Hey Jane and Mandy - cheers for stopping by!  :D

Jane, I am bummed that Dreaming will be ending too.. , all good things do come to an end afterall ..  :(

An Observation:
No offense to men, but some of the best fanfics that I have come across so far are written by women!  :D
These ladies continue to knock my socks off ~ they must have been gay men in a past life or something .. lol

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:17 pm »
Hey Jane and Mandy - cheers for stopping by!  :D

Jane, I am bummed that Dreaming will be ending too.. , all good things do come to an end afterall ..  :(

An Observation:
No offense to men, but some of the best fanfics that I have come across so far are written by women!  :D
These ladies continue to knock my socks off ~ they must have been gay men in a past life or something .. lol

You know it is interesting you mention fanfic written by women.  But most of it is written by women, right?  It is true, women seem to have as much, if not more insight into Jack and Ennis as men do.  How do they do it?  I haven't figured that one out yet.  Please help me out here! :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 10:34:33 pm »
Hey Littlewing ..

Great to see ya here!

I know we'll have to wait abit for the other 2 chapters and then some more for the Epilogue, but it's well worth the wait aint it?  ;)

Milli

It is definitely worth the wait.  I just hate to see it end!  Dreamin would make a great novel.  I would love to see a series of BBM romance novels!  My daughter says she can imagine a day when BBM romance novels will be written in the tradition of the "sequels" to Pride and prejudice, which are little more than the continuing saga of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:38:10 pm by littlewing1957 »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 10:41:51 pm »
It is definitely worth the wait.  I just hate to see it end!  Dreamin would make a great novel.  I would love to see a series of BBM romance novels!  My daughter says she can imagine a day when BBM romance novels will be written in the tradition of the "sequels" to Pride and prejudice, which are little more than the continuing saga of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.

While we wait for that day to come .. I continue to appreciate the work and telent of fanfic writers who are sharing their creativity with us for free!  :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »
I love to do BBM, Jack/Jake/Ennis/Heath foto art and here is one that I think would work for "Dreaming" ..  :)

;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:50:10 pm by Lucise »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 10:55:44 pm »
Milli, I really like this fanart you did. 

I read Dreaming too.  Have been enjoying the story.  It's different from most BBM fanfictions since Ennis is the one who is taking the first step to that sweet life.  Looking forward to the new chapters and the end.  I think it's safe to say that it should be a happy ending.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

Have you guys all read Belgianboy?  If you haven't you don't know what you're missing, he writes about the FNIT, and the rest of the summer, then another story about the Reunion (12 parts!) and it is all Jack and Ennis, their thoughts, in the moment, he fleshes out those scenes for us.  It's great!  if you want the link just drop me a line...

J

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 11:28:02 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

Have you guys all read Belgianboy?  If you haven't you don't know what you're missing, he writes about the FNIT, and the rest of the summer, then another story about the Reunion (12 parts!) and it is all Jack and Ennis, their thoughts, in the moment, he fleshes out those scenes for us.  It's great!  if you want the link just drop me a line...

J

Jane ~  Is he on LiveJ or Fanfic.net?
Could you post some titles to some of his stories? ;)

All i need right now is another fanfic to obsess over .. lol

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 03:39:24 am »
I don't think the Story Synopsis there does the story justice, you only need to get into it to see how well-written it is and how well the story flows.
I would love to get Cathalin to come check out Bettermost!  :)

Hi Milli,
yes, that's what I wanted to say: the synopsis does not justice to the story. I explained it long winded and you nailed it in just one sentence, lol.
Would be great to see Cathalin here on BetterMost!

And I like this foto art you posted.

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:25 am »
I love Dreaming, it's so well-written and I love the cliffhangers, this fanfiction thing is a totally new way of reading, if the chapters are being added on a weekly or sometimes even monthly basis, then it makes it all the more exciting, like a book you HAVE to put down, because you don't want to finish reading it yet...
So I guess my favorites so far are:

If I asked
Lead me to your door
Dreaming
A love born from steel
For a little while en Some silver lining

I have only read the ones that hooked me from the start with good dialogue, great storyline and lots of creativity!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:28:58 am »
So I guess my favorites so far are:

If I asked
Lead me to your door
Dreaming
A love born from steel
For a little while en Some silver lining

Hi Melissa (Melissa is right, isn't it?)
LOL, I've read all those you mentioned, too. And liked them all . Based on your list, I would recommend to you Human Interest and it's sequel Two Crows Joy by madlori. There's a thread about it here on the Bettermost fanfiction board.

And I have good news for you: maidenofthsea, author of For a little while and Some Silver Lining,  has started the third part of her story, called "Over The Bridge". So far there are three chapters. I'll start a new topic with links to the stories so that others can see it, too.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 09:35:38 am »
LOL, I've read all those you mentioned, too. And liked them all . Based on your list, I would recommend to you Human Interest and it's sequel Two Crows Joy by madlori. There's a thread about it here on the Bettermost fanfiction board.

And I have good news for you: maidenofthsea, author of For a little while and Some Silver Lining,  has started the third part of her story, called "Over The Bridge". So far there are three chapters. I'll start a new topic with links to the stories so that others can see it, too.

Yes, definitely Human Interest, I just wanted to second that... it is very well written and one of the best ones out there.  I cannot wait for the next chapter of Two Crows Joy!

I would also suggest Somebody New if you haven't already read it, there should be a link on this board to it.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 08:35:48 pm »
Uh oh, I better correct myself here, I meant to say the first half of chapter 12.  So far I have read it, oh, I'd say 20 or 25 times by now!   ;)   ;D

There is one guy fanfic writer who is way way way up there, it is Belgianboy, his stuff is hot with a capital H.  I was thinking it was because he's on the same team that he does it so good!   :D

J

I totally recommend BelgianBoy.  I believe I have read all of his fics.  he is one of my all-time favoites!  Superb!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:45 pm »
I totally recommend BelgianBoy.  I believe I have read all of his fics.  he is one of my all-time favoites!  Superb!

Gotta check this dude out!  Is he on Livejournal or fanfic.net?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 11:28:17 pm »
Gotta check this dude out!  Is he on Livejournal or fanfic.net?

I believe BelgianBoy has fic posted at both LJ and Fanfic.net.  I think the bulk of his work is at LJ under Brokebackslah/I ache for you.  This may not be totally accurate, and I'll try to find the links and post them here.  I'll be interested to see if He has written anything else. :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Writings by Belgianboy on Live Journal
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 11:55:43 pm »
Hello all:

I was asked by our own dear Milli to put this here, but I am also going to study the forum for a little minute, and create a separate thread for Belgianboy if this seems appropriate.....   In the meantime, here are the links to his excellent stories, these are the Real Deal  people, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/1318.html

then we have more, the Reunion, in 12 parts!

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/3052.html

That's about it unfotunately, although there are just a couple of one-parters, here are the links:

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/956.html

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/634.html

Enjoy!   :D ;D

Jane

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 12:48:21 am »
Hello all:

I was asked by our own dear Milli to put this here, but I am also going to study the forum for a little minute, and create a separate thread for Belgianboy if this seems appropriate.....   In the meantime, here are the links to his excellent stories, these are the Real Deal  people, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/1318.html

then we have more, the Reunion, in 12 parts!

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/3052.html

That's about it unfotunately, although there are just a couple of one-parters, here are the links:

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/956.html

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/634.html

Enjoy!   :D ;D

Jane

Wow!  Thanks for savin' me the trouble! :)  I think a thread devoted to BelgianBoy would be great.  Thanks again for posting the links! ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 07:08:17 am »

Yep, it's Melissa!  :D
I don't really like the premise of HI and TCJ, I think I always look for stories that stick as close to the movie/book as possible. And yes, I have started Over the bridge! Didn't you all love the ending of Some Silver Lining? It was so clever!

I don't really like BB's writing, I started reading one of this stories and couldn't finish it, I cannot explain why!!!! Is it because he's a man????? ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 11:46:35 am »
Jane ~  Cheers for posting that.  I think it is a great idea to start a thread for BelgianBoy's stuff!  :)

Ok..some DREAMING SPOILERS follow............

I just finished reading Chapter 13 and 14 last night, and by the time I got to the end of Chapter 14,  I was dying to see Jack get his ass from Childress to Lightnin Flat to be with Ennis.  I thought it was very interesting that Jack was the one giving up at that point.   Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart  :'( ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" .. It's Jack's turn to feel the deep fear for the men wielding tire-irons, that was quite the interesting twist.

I also loved reading about Francine and Alma's visit!  That was so sweet and heartwarming .. even sourpuss Pa Twist managed to be a little useful!  ;)

Any thoughts, comments?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 02:22:03 pm »
Jane ~  Cheers for posting that.  I think it is a great idea to start a thread for BelgianBoy's stuff!  :)

Ok..some DREAMING SPOILERS follow............

I just finished reading Chapter 13 and 14 last night, and by the time I got to the end of Chapter 14,  I was dying to see Jack get his ass from Childress to Lightnin Flat to be with Ennis.  I thought it was very interesting that Jack was the one giving up at that point.   Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart  :'( ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" .. It's Jack's turn to feel the deep fear for the men wielding tire-irons, that was quite the interesting twist.

I also loved reading about Francine and Alma's visit!  That was so sweet and heartwarming .. even sourpuss Pa Twist managed to be a little useful!  ;)

Any thoughts, comments?

I also liked the fact that Mr. Twist finally showed some humanity, and it took a visit from Ennis' girls to bring out his tender side.  Perhaps Old man Twist would have been a better parent to females?  I'm aching to find out how Ennis is going to convince Jack to let him stay.  I think I have an idea! ::)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »
Quite the role reversal, Ennis was pleading .. "Please don't tell me to leave" (breaking my heart   ) and Jack going "My mind is made up, you have to go" ..

This broke my heart too, it was unexpected in so many ways and I love how much Ennis has come to love the idea of him and Jack living in that little house.  I don't think I could handle it if Jack decides not to stay with him... and I definitely don't think Ennis could at that point  :'(

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
***S P O I L E R S *** Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 12:36:02 am »
yeah, well I still swear by the first half of chapter 12! ;) ;D ;D

Spoilers for Dreaming Chapters 13 and 14 below...

l
 v
 l
 v
 l
 v
 v
 v
 v
 v

Chapter 13 and 14 brought me down a little, and sad to say that there are only two chapters left to come, and then an epilogue.  I thoulght it was sweet how Jack phoned from the road, and was oh so scared that Ennis was gonna pack it in and he was so vulnerable to his Ma, and she in turn was so sweet to Ennis.   :-*  That part was good.  But the twist after that, on Jack's part, hmmm,  I hope things torque back pretty damn quick!

J

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 01:40:45 am »
Re: Chapter 12:

I was panting through the entire love scene at Devil's tower .. sweating like a pig I was,  :laugh: but i loved every dripping ounce of it!  Phew...
I read it again few days ago.. and again another time before that.. ;)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 01:57:41 am »
Ha, you an me both Milli!  We are kindred spirits, both Albertans an all....   :D  I think that is the sweetest hottest love scene....  :-* :-*

Yeehaww!!   ;D ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:48 am »
SPOILER ALERT................CHAPTER 12.............. ;)

AN EXCERPT:

Jack was still laughin’ when he started to strip off Ennis’ clothes, once in a while sayin’ “hard and fast,” and once Ennis said, “good thing fer me,” and then Jack dipped in ta’ lick where he’d unbuttoned Ennis’ shirt and Ennis couldn’t talk no more.

Ennis kept reachin’ for Jack, but he swatted his hands away, focused on each button, then licked where Ennis’ shirt parted and left an inch or two of skin showin’. He worked his way down slow, till all the buttons were open, then licked, all the way back up to Ennis’ neck, lickin’ there, then suckin’ on his neck. Ennis arched up into Jack’s mouth, ran his hands soft on Jack’s arms.

Jack was pullin’ the shirt to the sides, slow, and the fabric scrapin’ soft over his nipples made him shiver, somethin’ Jack spotted, ‘cause he leaned down to run that wicked tongue ‘round and over first one, then the other.

Ennis was thrustin’ into the air now, writhin’ under that tongue. Jack’s voice, hoarse with desire, said, “You always liked that,” and Ennis remembered wrestlin’ in the sun, Jack pinnin’ him down and playin’ with his nipples, Ennis never able ta’ admit what it did ta’’ him.

Now he could admit it, so he moaned “Jack,” and somethin’ changed in Jack at Ennis’ tone of voice, and he wasn’t playin’ around any more. He stripped Ennis’ shirt off him fast, fumbled with Ennis’ belt, but Ennis reached down, strippin’ his pants and shorts off quick, sayin’ “take off yer clothes, Jack.”

Then they was naked and Jack was lickin’ Ennis startin’ down at his ankle, lickin’ slow up one leg, sometimes movin’ over to the other. Ennis kept reachin’ with his hands, dyin’ to feel Jack’s skin, but he was too far away. He tried to sit up to reach for him, but Jack pressed a hand firm on his belly, pushin’ him down, said “lie down” and Ennis did.

----

Hawt damn..and it only gets better from there too .. ;D

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 02:29:26 am »
Goodness, ladies, if I had know you wanted scenes like that.....

Well, it would have required Dee's cooperation. :)
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 03:41:26 am »
I don't really like the premise of HI and TCJ,

And I didn't like the premise of "Dreaming", but loved the story anyway  :)

Didn't you all love the ending of Some Silver Lining? It was so clever!
You bet!
And I love the ending of the first chapter of OTB: Jack just sitting there and taking it all in. On Brokebackslash maidenofthesea announced that the fourth chapter of OTB will be posted sometimes this weekend. Yeah  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: ***S P O I L E R S *** Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 03:51:36 am »
****SPOILERS for Dreaming in this post***

Chapter 13 and 14 brought me down a little, and sad to say that there are only two chapters left to come, and then an epilogue.  I thoulght it was sweet how Jack phoned from the road, and was oh so scared that Ennis was gonna pack it in and he was so vulnerable to his Ma, and she in turn was so sweet to Ennis.   :-*  That part was good.  But the twist after that, on Jack's part, hmmm,  I hope things torque back pretty damn quick!

J

I second every thought of you. Jack calling from the road was so sweet. The girl's visit was great, but the twist after that was a downer.
It's hard to wait nearly a full month for the next installment. I'd prefer to read one chapter every two weeks instead of two chapters once a month. But sure this decicion is to cathalin and I won't complain.

Yes, it's sad that there are only two chapters plus an epilogue left.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 09:40:28 am »
That excerpt.... damn.  So so good... it makes me want to read the whole thing over again ...

Offline belgianboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Jakin' off ever' chance I get ...
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 05:29:26 pm »
Hi y'all! I'm jumping in a bit late here, but I found out about this forum only yesterday. Very friendly and literate--I love it already! (Thanks, julievognar.)

I'm honored to be mentioned in a thread about Dreaming, one of those stories I WILL give the attentive reading it deserves. But I do know from what I've read that not only is Cathalin a damn good writer, but she knows how to do HOT too! She really gets inside Jack and Ennis' skin, gets down to the tactile details that make sex scenes between the two guys real, doesn't she?

Otherwise, I'm real impressed by many of the stories--and yes, sex scenes--that are written by women. Some get inside the male characters' heads better than others, and frankly some stories may not even require that they do. Maybe some of the action isn't drawn out or very exciting, no semen hitting the wall and all that, yet the erotica is touching and lovely. Obviously there are endless possibilities as to how writers continue the story and present their ideas.

It's great that a number of readers like how I handle Jack and Ennis' relationship, especially since I'm a canon writer, and that turns a lot of people off. For me, the beauty of the story is in their ultimate separation and Ennis' bereavement. Don't ask, but if you read my stories, you know that pain leads to pleasure. I've internalized both men and sometimes feel I'm writing an autobiography, not only physically as a man (a lot of fun, thank you), but psychologically too (maybe even more fun). I usually try to put character before plot, but sometimes I miss.

Concerning Fanfiction.net vs. LiveJournal: FF's no NC-17 policy threw me off at first, and I thought WTF? But I tried editing to see what would happen. First, a confession: I also write as "rvanv", my persona (presently inactive) who writes stories about Jack's death or later, while "belgianboy" writes the boys while they are very much alive indeed! I suppose it's telling that belgianboy has the reputation here, huh? ;) I edited an rvanv story called Smile (my first series) for FF. I think the plot and personalities are reasonably well developed, the sex not too bad for a first-timer like myself. Anyway, in the FF version, you can't always tell who is doing what to whom during sex. In the original LiveJournal version, nothing is left to the imagination. If you don't like NC-17 (or shouldn't be reading it!), read the FF version.

I wanted to post Summer of Love on FF, but how do you edit a series about two horny nineteen-year-olds discovering sex, what with all that jizz flying around here, there and everywhere? I gave it a go anyway, and to my surprise came up with something reasonably sexy, I think. So much is about the psychology, and I was surprised at how much I didn't have to change. But if you want it down and dirty, go to LiveJournal. Right now, the story is posted there in seven chapters, but I'm going to combine them soon. Ditto for the Reunion series that I just finished.

Veteran fans, thanks so much for your comments. I'm tickled that some new readers from this fine forum may be wandering over!  :)

Belgianboy

P.S. My apologies, Cathalin, for taking up so much space in the Dreaming thread. It just seemed the best place to address the comments about my own work that have been posted here recently. 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 01:29:43 am »
Hey BelgianBoy!  Welcome to Bettermost!!  :D
There is also a thread created by JakeTwist, dedicated to your work!

Now we gotta get Cathalin here too! :)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
"the Real Deal"
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2006, 01:23:41 pm »

these are the Real Deal  people, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

I would like to clarify this comment in case it is taken the wrong way, and perhaps people might feel slighted.  My praise for Belgianboy's writing is about Belgianboy's writing only.  I was not implying that his writing is the Real Deal, ergo other BBM fiction is not the Real Deal.  Not in the least.  I appreciate almost all BBM fanfic, (except the dark stuff, I don't like dark or supernatural or devil stuff, but that is way off the topic here, LOL.   :)).

I usually always write very literally, and my sentence was meant to be a self-contained sentence, so to speak.  The first half of the sentence "Real Deal" is further explained by the second half of the sentence "about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together".  Nothing else.  Nothing else is implied.

This post was solely about Belgianboy's writing, to bring it to the attention of my fellow Brokies who like to read fanfic.  I posted it first in the "Dreaming" thread, then I created a Belgianboy thread where it would be more appropriate.  I am gonna delete it from the Dreaming thread I guess... or not....

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 08:20:11 pm »
Jane, I never thought you were trying to slight anyone's work.  No worries .. ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2006, 05:48:22 pm »
belgianboy is great; so is this.

What a bunch of horny bastards....WE are!

I'm different: I like the middlke of chapter 6...look ma, no hands...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 03:14:07 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2006, 12:57:49 pm »
Okay, so August is drawing to a close, any news on when we'll be getting updates from Cathalin?  :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 07:17:06 pm »
So, Cathalin posted a comment on her LJ the other day, we are to expect an update any time now.  :D

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/5754.html

Hee .. looking forward to that!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 10:36:15 pm »
Is Dreaming posted anywhere else besides Live Journal?

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2006, 01:14:01 am »
Is Dreaming posted anywhere else besides Live Journal?

I haven't seen it on fanfic.net.  I am not sure if it is posted anywhere else ..

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2006, 05:39:49 pm »
 ;D
Wanted to add my praise for Dreaming along with everyone elses. I think that it's in the top 3 BBM fanfics going at the moment and think Cathalin's writing exceptional. I too love chapter 6, but have to say the farewell in chapter 7 is my fave scene. It's not just the great sex scenes she writes though; I love the conversations between J & E, particularly where they cover emotional ground and share things which they never did in the book. In chapter 3 when Ennis first describes his dream to Jack " wanted night to come 'cause then I dream'd a you", and Jack is driven to tears I find myself in the same position.
Can't wait for the next chapter, although I wouldn't want Cathalin to feel under any pressure. ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 08:57:57 pm »
I am still refreshing Cathalin's LJ from time to time .. no luck yet for updates!! 
Real life has gotten in the way again ..  :-\
Still waiting ...

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2006, 03:32:20 pm »
Dreaming is my favorite Brokeback FF of all time. Cathalin's writng is just great IMO. No, it may not be as unique as the likes of MadLori's HI/TCJ, but i don't think Cathalin's Ennis can be touched. Her Jack's not bad either. I love her prose, its beautiful IMO, and the sex scenes-WOW. Untouchable....

I've been waiting far too long. Cathalin, please, i'm dying!  ;)

PS, i'm new here
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

mvansand76

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2006, 03:44:25 pm »
Dreaming is my favorite Brokeback FF of all time. Cathalin's writng is just great IMO. No, it may not be as unique as the likes of MadLori's HI/TCJ, but i don't think Cathalin's Ennis can be touched. Her Jack's not bad either. I love her prose, its beautiful IMO, and the sex scenes-WOW. Untouchable....

I've been waiting far too long. Cathalin, please, i'm dying!  ;)

PS, i'm new here

Welcome to Bettermost RebelWithSadness, hope you have a great time on Bettermost! And yes, it's about time for an update!!!

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:38 am »
I'm starting to worry that this story won't be finished :'(
Cathalin usually gives us some sort of contact, even if it's to say we have to wait, but it's been so long. I hope she is OK and RL hasn't taken over to much.
I agree, her Ennis is the best, and I think her story just gets to the top of my list, with one or two very close behind.
Sending her all my best wishes and love for her story :-*

mvansand76

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 07:28:57 am »
Cathalin usually gives us some sort of contact, even if it's to say we have to wait, but it's been so long. I hope she is OK and RL hasn't taken over to much.
I agree, her Ennis is the best, and I think her story just gets to the top of my list, with one or two very close behind.

Now you have me worried... :(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 03:19:06 am »
I do believe she has every intention on finishing the story. Somehow I just don't see her NOT doing that. She put something on her journal a while back,  didn't she? That she definitely was trying to get it finished.
I've been re-reading some of the old chapers.

:)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 05:37:22 pm »
Yes, I have no doubt that she will complete the story.
I reckon real life has gotten in the way of her writing ..
It has been 2 months since the last update, hence the mild panic..lol
I still check on her LJ every so often to see if she posted anything..
Hopefully something'll pop up soon!  :)

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 09:12:43 pm »
"Dreaming" is one of my top fan fics, too. I surely do hope we can encourage her to continue. I am waiting impatiently for an update to "Conjugating Jake" by fiftyandfifty as well. I swear, I'm only going to read FINISHED stories because I can hardly stand the waiting! - cc33 (Leslie)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 10:04:49 pm »
"Dreaming" is one of my top fan fics, too. I surely do hope we can encourage her to continue. I am waiting impatiently for an update to "Conjugating Jake" by fiftyandfifty as well. I swear, I'm only going to read FINISHED stories because I can hardly stand the waiting! - cc33 (Leslie)

That's how I feel too, Leslie.  And thanks for the recommend, I will check it out directly.  If you like finished stories, did you read royandronnie's stories?  She only posts them once they are complete I believe, at least that is what she did the last time.  Her stuff is reaaally good, well you will see for yourself if you check it out.  I already created a thread about it here in fanfic.  Another good one is Beans and Crazies, 59 chapters so far..... but I must admit it is not finished yet.  But you would be reading for a long time to get up to speed, which is always nice.  ;D

Anyway we should get together and compare lists.  ;)   I like Jack and Ennis fanfic myself....

Jane

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2006, 10:24:09 pm »
I'm happy to see people posting here... I've been wondering if this one is stalled out permanently myself lately.  I don't think it's been updated since the beginning of September (if memory serves me correctly). She's left it at such an upsetting moment too!  It would sad to see this one linger at this alarming phase in the story indefinitely.  I've actually been thinking of posting here to find out if anyone knows this author or knows what might be going on with this fanfic.  It's one of my favorite stories so far too.

**Spoilers** ahead (sort of):

Actually... most of the stories I've been reading lately are stalled out at upsetting junctures. Dreaming, 48 Days, and Beans and Crazies (especially the last installment of this one), are all stopped at very worrisome moments.
 :-\
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:26:12 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 03:31:44 am »
Ya, yer right Amanda, ain't it a bitch?   ::)  As a consolation may I offer you a completed story for your enjoyment?  It is nice and long, and it is finished, maybe not quite as good as the others we have been following but it does have a few really sweet parts, and a few really grand chapters.  I don't want to give anything away, so here you go....

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.msg371030#msg371030

The author is B73, and it looks like the story itself is not titled, rather all the chapters are titled (there are 12 long chapters  ;D).  There are of them, here is what it looks like on the Dave Cullen Forum....

BBM A/U complete
TOPIC: What if Jack didn't leave Ennis after the divorce showdown?

1. Twist of Fate , 2, Plans , 3. Secrets and Lies , 4. Barber , 5. Lightning Flat , 6. Revelations

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 04:10:01 am »
I'm happy to see people posting here... I've been wondering if this one is stalled out permanently myself lately.  I don't think it's been updated since the beginning of September (if memory serves me correctly). :-\

Worse, Amanda, it's worse  :-\ The last update was at the beginning of August. But at the beginning of September, she wrote a note saying she will continue the story. Let's hope so.

As a consolation may I offer you a completed story for your enjoyment?  It is nice and long, and it is finished, maybe not quite as good as the others we have been following but it does have a few really sweet parts, and a few really grand chapters.  I don't want to give anything away, so here you go....

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.msg371030#msg371030

Thanks for the commentation. I'm not a member of DC, so I don't have access to the story. Do you know if it's posted somewhere else?

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 05:06:12 am »
Thanks for the commentation. I'm not a member of DC, so I don't have access to the story. Do you know if it's posted somewhere else?

Hi Chrissi:

Here is the link to Live Journal, the author is B73.  Hopefully you can navigate your way around the story from there...  I think I already said that the each Chapter of the story is named, and here are the names:

BBM A/U complete
TOPIC: What if Jack didn't leave Ennis after the divorce showdown?

1. Twist of Fate , 2, Plans , 3. Secrets and Lies , 4. Barber , 5. Lightning Flat , 6. Revelations

7. Words , 8 . One , 9 . A Losing Fight , 10. Shadow of a Parting , 11. Home at Last , 12. Last Reunion

Link to first chapter:

http://b73.livejournal.com/8176.html

Let me know if you need links to all the rest, or if you're able to find them yourself.  Being a member of the Dave Cullen Forum is a GOOD thing, they have threads that list EVERY single fanfic, they have a daily post telling what stories have been updated yesterday, and link to every fanfic, list of all fanfic authors....

It's a great resource.   :)

Jane

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:44 am »
Thank you, Jane. I found all chapters at the author's journal. I already read a part of the first one and I like it very much. Let's see.
Off for rading now  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 11:17:16 pm »
Hi Jane
Thanks for the recommendation!  I also appreciate the direct link.
 8)

Also, Chrissi, congrats on your 500th post!  :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2006, 11:46:04 am »
I am the bearer of great news!  Well, ok..good news!
It looks like Cathalin is writing again!  She can't promise when the next chapter will be up, but she has responded to some comments on her LJ!  ;)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
Whoopee!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »
Also, Chrissi, congrats on your 500th post!  :D

Thanks, Amanda  :-*

I am the bearer of great news!  Well, ok..good news!
It looks like Cathalin is writing again!  She can't promise when the next chapter will be up, but she has responded to some comments on her LJ!  ;)

YEE-HAW!  ;D ;D ;D (and keep your fingers crossed)

Thank you Milli for sharing the news with us.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2006, 08:53:48 pm »
Hoo-RAY for Cathalin and "Dreaming"

....can't wait!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2006, 05:05:19 pm »
I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next chapter!  It is good to hear Cathalin is writing again!

mvansand76

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2006, 08:35:11 am »
The day a new chapter comes out will be a very special day.... we will have to give that day a name...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 12:48:32 am »
Honestly, I'm beginning to lose a little bit of hope about this one... Sad to say.  It would be great if there was at least one update.  The way this story has been left is too painful!  What a cliff-hanger to leave us all worrying about for so long!
 :(

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:54 am »
Have faith Dreaming lovers..have faith!!

Here is a note from Cathalin on her LJ ..  :D

Dreaming later this week
Kind readers of Dreaming -

I wanted to let people know that I will finally, finally, finally have something to post within the next week or so. I already have about 30 single-spaced pages written, and it'll go at least a bit longer before it's done.

I know the wait has been long, and I wanted to give people some advance warning, because a few brave souls have indicated they might want to re-read past chapters before the next one comes out. Also, people sometimes just like to know.

Barring a crisis in my real life, I will be posting one or two chapters by sometime Sunday, and possibly a little sooner than that.

I know some of you at times have understandably wondered whether I would actually finish this story, and I just want to reiterate my commitment to doing so. After this posting, I have one more regular chapter plus an Epilogue to go. I have some of the scenes from these chapters already written, and I know what happens, mainly.:)

And by the way, can I just say how much all of your support and encouragement has meant to me as I've written this gigantic story? It really, really has meant the world and has been an amazing experience. Your kindness and patience as I've moved into a new phase of my real life and had less time for writing has been greatly appreciated as well.

Okay, back to Jack and Ennis for me.:)

Fondly,

cathalin

Check it out here:
http://cathalin.livejournal.com/6017.html

Woohoo!

~M

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 01:51:45 am »
Milli darlin you beat me to it! I was just about to post the same same. There are a few fics out there that just seemed to have been dropped-with me hanging on waiting. Don't these authors know it's all about me and my needs?  ;D

O0
roux

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 01:53:16 am »
Hey Roux!

Cathalin actually said she has about 30 pages written!  :D  wow ..

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2006, 02:02:09 am »
Good to know! Thanks for the update.
 :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2006, 02:48:07 pm »
I bet Sunday has never seemed so far away ..  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2006, 05:36:27 pm »
I bet Sunday has never seemed so far away ..  ;D

In her reply to my comment she said she might have it up before Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo *claps hands in glee*

I'm re-reading some of the last chapters  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2006, 05:46:14 pm »
In her reply to my comment she said she might have it up before Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo *claps hands in glee*

Gleee
and Squeeeee!
Right June?  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2006, 05:50:42 pm »

Gleee
and Squeeeee!
Right June?  ;D

You bet Milli  ;D

And I'm loooving that squeeeee!!  ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2006, 05:52:54 pm »
I knew you'd approve! hehe ..

So who will be the first to post here when Cathalin posts the next chapter or two?   ;)
 I refresh her LJ everyday .. so I hope I don't have to wait a day longer than necessary!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2006, 05:57:08 pm »
I knew you'd approve! hehe ..

So who will be the first to post here when Cathalin posts the next chapter or two?   ;)
 I refresh her LJ everyday .. so I hope I don't have to wait a day longer than necessary!

LOL!

It's just too embarassing to say how many times a day I refresh her journal  :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2006, 03:27:34 pm »
She did it! Two brand new chapters of Dreaming.

Chapter 15:
http://cathalin.livejournal.com/6571.html#cutid1

Chapter 16:
http://cathalin.livejournal.com/6712.html#cutid1

Off to read.  ;D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2006, 07:21:59 pm »
Yippee skippee!

O0

Heathen

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2006, 08:54:28 pm »
THANKS Cathalin! - Can't wait to read it. Sorry RL was getting you down but I am hoping it's better because you're writing & posting. cc33 / Leslie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2006, 03:23:04 am »
She did it! Two brand new chapters of Dreaming.

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2006, 11:37:02 am »
Loved the new chapters!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2006, 02:25:50 pm »
I saw the new chapters posted this morning and am overjoyed!  :)

I haven't read the latest chapters yet, but I plan to get comfy, have my diet coke at the ready and enjoy.  I have my fan fic all planned out for the weekend!  Thanks, Cathalin!  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2006, 09:49:36 am »
Am exhausted from reading these two chapters, they were so sad and angsty!  :(

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2006, 11:45:32 pm »
I read the latest chapters and I am drained!  I'm speechless!  I can't stop crying.  This is one of the most brilliant fics I've ever read and I'm bummed that it will be complete soon.  Perhaps we can convince Cathalin to write a sequel or keep going with this one for several additional chapters. 

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2006, 05:09:26 pm »
Does anyone know if this story is ever going to be updated? It,s been over a month now.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:25 pm »
Does anyone know if this story is ever going to be updated? It,s been over a month now.

I am keeping an eye on it .. I visit her LJ every now and then to check ..  :)
Maybe there'll be something soon .. well, I hope ..

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2006, 05:23:51 pm »
I'm also eagerly awaiting an update. Cathalin sounded in her reply to my comment as if she fully intended to finish this story. Her output is definitely worth the wait!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:08 pm »
Any further glimmer of hope on this one?  ???  I feel like it's been quite a while again since the last update. :(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 10:35:18 am »
Any further glimmer of hope on this one?  ???  I feel like it's been quite a while again since the last update. :(

It has been absolutly ages. The begining of November was the last time. tbh, after a while I get fed up of looking. When it,s this long between updates I cant be bothered any more becuase I loose interest. Pity because it was a good story.

mvansand76

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 11:04:54 am »
It has been absolutly ages. The begining of November was the last time. tbh, after a while I get fed up of looking. When it,s this long between updates I cant be bothered any more becuase I loose interest. Pity because it was a good story.

I know exactly what you mean, this story has completely left my mind now, and it was one of my absolute favorites only a few months ago. I love her writing, but when the updates take too long, you just lose interest, it's normal, but I already had that with the last update in November, the story just did not grip me as much as it did 'back in the days'.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2006, 01:24:37 am »
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.  If she does post an update, I'll have to read the entire story just to remember what's going on.  Too bad!  I really love this fic, but I'm about to give up on it!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
News on Dreaming
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2007, 09:57:01 am »
Yup, I had totally given up on this story.

But now it seems there will be an update within the next two weeks. Cathalin posted a heads up on LJ.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/7171.html

I'm still a bit cautious. I'll wait until the next chapter is indeed posted, then read the last chap to get into it again.

mvansand76

Re: News on Dreaming
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2007, 11:02:16 am »
Yup, I had totally given up on this story.

But now it seems there will be an update within the next two weeks. Cathalin posted a heads up on LJ.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/7171.html

I'm still a bit cautious. I'll wait until the next chapter is indeed posted, then read the last chap to get into it again.

I am not even sure I care anymore! It really has been too long.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »
Mornin'.

Yeah, it's been a long time. But there are many more out there who started and gave up quickly, abandoning good premises and good writing.  Cathalin didn't.  When I saw the note, I went back and took the time to read through the story.  It's really quite good, the second time around.  One of the few multi-part stories told strictly from Ennis' POV. If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2007, 12:35:08 pm »
If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Agreed cwby30.  :)
I'd have to re-read to get back into things but she wrote that story so well, I'd love to see another update!

~M

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »
Mornin'.

Yeah, it's been a long time. But there are many more out there who started and gave up quickly, abandoning good premises and good writing.  Cathalin didn't.  When I saw the note, I went back and took the time to read through the story.  It's really quite good, the second time around.  One of the few multi-part stories told strictly from Ennis' POV. If Cathalin does post an update/updates, I'll read it/them and encourage her to complete the story.  We have to give authors a break, since RL often doesn't. 

Thanks.

Very kind thought, cowboy. Thanks. I think it is good to remember that writing these stories really is a labor of love. I know it was for me!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2007, 03:10:02 pm »
Mornin'.

Thanks.

Agreed cwby30.  :)
I'd have to re-read to get back into things but she wrote that story so well, I'd love to see another update!

~M

Very kind thought, cowboy. Thanks. I think it is good to remember that writing these stories really is a labor of love. I know it was for me!

Leslie

Oh I agree. Dreaming is one of the best fanfics out there and I loved it from the beginning to the... uhm... almost end. LOL. What I said doesn't mean that I do not acknowledge the immense amount of work that went into it and the talent that she has, it's just being honest about the feelings I have toward the story now. I just don't feel it anymore because it is too long ago and I don't have the time to reread it, so I probably will not finish it. But maybe when it really is COMPLETELY finished and online I will print out the whole thing and take it with me on a holiday or something!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2007, 03:33:26 pm »
But maybe when it really is COMPLETELY finished and online I will print out the whole thing and take it with me on a holiday or something!

Now there is a perfect solution!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2007, 06:18:30 pm »
Now there is a perfect solution!

L

Yes!  I already have the entire story on a floppy disc.  I read it at work when I have a break!  I would love to see a sequel!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2007, 01:11:44 pm »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2007, 02:21:59 pm »
*gasp*
I hardly can believe it. Heading over...

Thanks Souxi!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2007, 03:35:19 pm »
That is some good news!  :)
Can't wait to check it out..

~M

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »
Wow!  Now that is amazing.  Talk about a long wait for an update.  I'll have to re-read some of the earlier chapters to remember what's going on.  Thanks for the info!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2007, 03:03:43 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, just a "bump", as you say, to Cathalin, wondering about the epilogue.  Sure do want to find out what happened in Childress when Jack left, and was happens there and in Lightning Flat after Jack and Ennis make their announcement.

Thanks.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2007, 12:29:01 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, just looking for the epilogue to your wonderful story.

‘Cause what could you do, you got a chance to fall asleep whisperin’ in Jack Twist’s ear.

Hope you have a little more dreaming and whispering for us.

Thanks again.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2007, 10:25:34 am »
Cathalin has posted a message on her LJ about dreaming.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/8937.html?view=558313#t558313

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:36 am »
Cathalin has posted a message on her LJ about dreaming.

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/8937.html?view=558313#t558313

Thanks for pointing us to the update.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2007, 01:00:40 am »
Thanks for pointing us to the update.

I know!  This is one of my favorite fics!  I can't wait to read the entire story.  Brilliant!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2007, 01:09:42 am »

I can not say how much I love this story..She has painted some pictures with her words that are like being there.  I love her writing.  I am glad to hear how she is getting back to it now..I have probably recommended this story more than any other out there.... Except for SN and Hi TCJ,
And Shades of Gre

Beautiful mind

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:11 am »

I can not say how much I love this story..She has painted some pictures with her words that are like being there.  I love her writing.  I am glad to hear how she is getting back to it now..I have probably recommended this story more than any other out there.... Except for SN and Hi TCJ,
And Shades of Gre

Yes I love Dreaming as well. She is such a good writer, on a par, imo with Jenna. I also loved all the other stories you mention. I have my copy of SN safely tucked away and get it out every now and then for a read. I so wish she could finish FON. I miss her writing. :'(
I can,t wait for the epilogue of Dreaming. I,m going to have to stock up on ink for my printer I think.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2007, 08:30:23 am »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2007, 10:10:33 am »
Finally an update!!

http://cathalin.livejournal.com/10114.html#cutid1

:)  I noticed this the other day too!  I haven't read it yet, because I feel like I'll have to do quite a bit of re-reading first to remind myself of what's going on.

It's definitely good news though.

mvansand76

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2007, 12:12:25 pm »
:)  I noticed this the other day too!  I haven't read it yet, because I feel like I'll have to do quite a bit of re-reading first to remind myself of what's going on.

It's definitely good news though.

It's really a short in between chapter! Don't have to reread for this one!  :D

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2008, 07:26:05 am »