Author Topic: Dreaming by Cathalin  (Read 44878 times)

mvansand76

Re: Dreaming by Cathalin
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 07:28:57 am »
I'm starting to worry that this story won't be finished :'(
Cathalin usually gives us some sort of contact, even if it's to say we have to wait, but it's been so long. I hope she is OK and RL hasn't taken over to much.
I agree, her Ennis is the best, and I think her story just gets to the top of my list, with one or two very close behind.
Sending her all my best wishes and love for her story :-*

Now you have me worried... :(

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 03:19:06 am »
I'm starting to worry that this story won't be finished :'(
Cathalin usually gives us some sort of contact, even if it's to say we have to wait, but it's been so long. I hope she is OK and RL hasn't taken over to much.
I agree, her Ennis is the best, and I think her story just gets to the top of my list, with one or two very close behind.
Sending her all my best wishes and love for her story :-*
I do believe she has every intention on finishing the story. Somehow I just don't see her NOT doing that. She put something on her journal a while back,  didn't she? That she definitely was trying to get it finished.
I've been re-reading some of the old chapers.

:)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 05:37:22 pm »
Yes, I have no doubt that she will complete the story.
I reckon real life has gotten in the way of her writing ..
It has been 2 months since the last update, hence the mild panic..lol
I still check on her LJ every so often to see if she posted anything..
Hopefully something'll pop up soon!  :)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 09:12:43 pm »
"Dreaming" is one of my top fan fics, too. I surely do hope we can encourage her to continue. I am waiting impatiently for an update to "Conjugating Jake" by fiftyandfifty as well. I swear, I'm only going to read FINISHED stories because I can hardly stand the waiting! - cc33 (Leslie)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 10:04:49 pm »
"Dreaming" is one of my top fan fics, too. I surely do hope we can encourage her to continue. I am waiting impatiently for an update to "Conjugating Jake" by fiftyandfifty as well. I swear, I'm only going to read FINISHED stories because I can hardly stand the waiting! - cc33 (Leslie)

That's how I feel too, Leslie.  And thanks for the recommend, I will check it out directly.  If you like finished stories, did you read royandronnie's stories?  She only posts them once they are complete I believe, at least that is what she did the last time.  Her stuff is reaaally good, well you will see for yourself if you check it out.  I already created a thread about it here in fanfic.  Another good one is Beans and Crazies, 59 chapters so far..... but I must admit it is not finished yet.  But you would be reading for a long time to get up to speed, which is always nice.  ;D

Anyway we should get together and compare lists.  ;)   I like Jack and Ennis fanfic myself....

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2006, 10:24:09 pm »
I'm happy to see people posting here... I've been wondering if this one is stalled out permanently myself lately.  I don't think it's been updated since the beginning of September (if memory serves me correctly). She's left it at such an upsetting moment too!  It would sad to see this one linger at this alarming phase in the story indefinitely.  I've actually been thinking of posting here to find out if anyone knows this author or knows what might be going on with this fanfic.  It's one of my favorite stories so far too.

**Spoilers** ahead (sort of):

Actually... most of the stories I've been reading lately are stalled out at upsetting junctures. Dreaming, 48 Days, and Beans and Crazies (especially the last installment of this one), are all stopped at very worrisome moments.
 :-\
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:26:12 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 03:31:44 am »
Ya, yer right Amanda, ain't it a bitch?   ::)  As a consolation may I offer you a completed story for your enjoyment?  It is nice and long, and it is finished, maybe not quite as good as the others we have been following but it does have a few really sweet parts, and a few really grand chapters.  I don't want to give anything away, so here you go....

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.msg371030#msg371030

The author is B73, and it looks like the story itself is not titled, rather all the chapters are titled (there are 12 long chapters  ;D).  There are of them, here is what it looks like on the Dave Cullen Forum....

BBM A/U complete
TOPIC: What if Jack didn't leave Ennis after the divorce showdown?

1. Twist of Fate , 2, Plans , 3. Secrets and Lies , 4. Barber , 5. Lightning Flat , 6. Revelations

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 04:10:01 am »
I'm happy to see people posting here... I've been wondering if this one is stalled out permanently myself lately.  I don't think it's been updated since the beginning of September (if memory serves me correctly). :-\

Worse, Amanda, it's worse  :-\ The last update was at the beginning of August. But at the beginning of September, she wrote a note saying she will continue the story. Let's hope so.

As a consolation may I offer you a completed story for your enjoyment?  It is nice and long, and it is finished, maybe not quite as good as the others we have been following but it does have a few really sweet parts, and a few really grand chapters.  I don't want to give anything away, so here you go....

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=4664.msg371030#msg371030

Thanks for the commentation. I'm not a member of DC, so I don't have access to the story. Do you know if it's posted somewhere else?

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 05:06:12 am »
Thanks for the commentation. I'm not a member of DC, so I don't have access to the story. Do you know if it's posted somewhere else?

Hi Chrissi:

Here is the link to Live Journal, the author is B73.  Hopefully you can navigate your way around the story from there...  I think I already said that the each Chapter of the story is named, and here are the names:

BBM A/U complete
TOPIC: What if Jack didn't leave Ennis after the divorce showdown?

1. Twist of Fate , 2, Plans , 3. Secrets and Lies , 4. Barber , 5. Lightning Flat , 6. Revelations

7. Words , 8 . One , 9 . A Losing Fight , 10. Shadow of a Parting , 11. Home at Last , 12. Last Reunion

Link to first chapter:

http://b73.livejournal.com/8176.html

Let me know if you need links to all the rest, or if you're able to find them yourself.  Being a member of the Dave Cullen Forum is a GOOD thing, they have threads that list EVERY single fanfic, they have a daily post telling what stories have been updated yesterday, and link to every fanfic, list of all fanfic authors....

It's a great resource.   :)

Jane

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:44 am »
Thank you, Jane. I found all chapters at the author's journal. I already read a part of the first one and I like it very much. Let's see.
Off for rading now  :)