Author Topic: Liam Neeson becomes US citizen  (Read 3492 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Liam Neeson becomes US citizen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:53:19 pm »
I couldn't read the article. There's an advertisement that is blocking the left hand side of the screen and the text is obstructed. Anyway, this is good news! I've always liked Liam Neeson. He is a brilliant actor.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:55:26 am »
I didn't know he was Natasha Richardson's husband.

It's only been 7 months since she died.  I didn't know people could become U.S. citizens so quickly.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:29:42 am »
I couldn't read the article. There's an advertisement that is blocking the left hand side of the screen and the text is obstructed. Anyway, this is good news! I've always liked Liam Neeson. He is a brilliant actor.

Here you go.

Irish actor Liam Neeson has become a U.S. citizen, inspired by the outpouring of good will he received in America after the death of his wife, Natasha Richardson.

The actress died in March, following a ski accident in Quebec, Canada.

In the wake of that horrific event, the 57-year-old actor says he received a steady, extraordinary and continuing, stream of condolence letters from Americans.

"That is partly the reason why I've recently become an American citizen," Neeson said. "I'm still a proud Irishman, of course," he added, "but I've become an American citizen - I'm very proud of that."

Appearing yesterday to promote his latest film, "Five Minutes of Heaven," Neeson also paid tribute to Senator Ted Kennedy, who died of brain cancer Tuesday night at the age of 77.

He recalled how the "Lion of the Senate" comforted him in the wake of his own family's tragedy.

"I met him a couple of times over the years, and he wrote my family a very, very beautiful, touching condolence letter when Natasha died earlier this year," Neeson said. "He was a special man. It's the end of an era."

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 02:32:09 am »
I didn't know he was Natasha Richardson's husband.

It's only been 7 months since she died.  I didn't know people could become U.S. citizens so quickly.

It's apparently possible according to this site:

How Long Does the Process Take?

Depending on where and when you choose to file your application, the period of time between sending in the completed application and the interview to become a U.S. Citizen can vary from five months to more than two years.

http://www.uscitizenship.info/ins-citizenship-process.htm

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 02:41:48 am »
It's apparently possible according to this site:

How Long Does the Process Take?

Depending on where and when you choose to file your application, the period of time between sending in the completed application and the interview to become a U.S. Citizen can vary from five months to more than two years.

http://www.uscitizenship.info/ins-citizenship-process.htm

A powerful name, along with more money than God will yield quick results when necessary.

I'm glad he got it though. Because it seems as if he wanted it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 02:44:27 am »
Here you go.

Irish actor Liam Neeson has become a U.S. citizen, inspired by the outpouring of good will he received in America after the death of his wife, Natasha Richardson.

The actress died in March, following a ski accident in Quebec, Canada.

In the wake of that horrific event, the 57-year-old actor says he received a steady, extraordinary and continuing, stream of condolence letters from Americans.

"That is partly the reason why I've recently become an American citizen," Neeson said. "I'm still a proud Irishman, of course," he added, "but I've become an American citizen - I'm very proud of that."

Appearing yesterday to promote his latest film, "Five Minutes of Heaven," Neeson also paid tribute to Senator Ted Kennedy, who died of brain cancer Tuesday night at the age of 77.

He recalled how the "Lion of the Senate" comforted him in the wake of his own family's tragedy.

"I met him a couple of times over the years, and he wrote my family a very, very beautiful, touching condolence letter when Natasha died earlier this year," Neeson said. "He was a special man. It's the end of an era."

Why thank ye kindly, ma'am! :-*

Apparently I'm the only one having problems reading that article. It must be my stupid computer again, failing to format the damn thing properly.... and everything else as well, from time to time. :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 08:52:03 am »

Sure enough. He was truly brilliant rising up naked out of the loch in Rob Roy.  ;D  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:05 am »
If Neeson didn't even start the process until after Natasha died, he really must have been fast-tracked. This line from the article Del posted caught my eye.

How long has it been since Ted Kennedy died? So Neeson's new U.S. citizenship isn't actually "new" news?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:54 am »
No, it's not new news, I just saw the article and thought 'Huh, when did that happen?'

The article is from August 30th I believe.