Author Topic: gay vikings- could it be true...  (Read 39308 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: gay vikings- could it be true...
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 08:18:14 pm »
That would be a lot easier for some to do if, those that are behind the glass wall did not proclaim, relentlessy on here,that feminine gays are inferior to them.
And, they have done that.
 ;)
I am not sure about your assertion that effeminate gays have been called "inferior". I haven't read that anywhere, and I certainly don't feel that way in the least bit. I enjoy a bit of camp myself, now and again - and all those "butch" men in my life seem to think I am quite amusing and worth keeping around.  ;D

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 08:26:12 pm »
I am not sure about your assertion that effeminate gays have been called "inferior". I haven't read that anywhere, and I certainly don't feel that way in the least bit. I enjoy a bit of camp myself, now and again - and all those "butch" men in my life seem to think I am quite amusing and worth keeping around.  ;D

The question to a certain person on here was:

Do you feel femine gays are inferior to masculine gay's.
That person replied "yes".

It is on this forum, if you care to look.

That person was also asked if he were intolerant of gays not like himm.
He responded, yes.

At least he had the balls to admit his misguided feelings.

Yes, someone on here did say that.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 09:13:23 pm »
The question to a certain person on here was:
Do you feel femine gays are inferior to masculine gay's.
That person replied "yes".
It is on this forum, if you care to look.
That person was also asked if he were intolerant of gays not like himm.
He responded, yes.
At least he had the balls to admit his misguided feelings.
Yes, someone on here did say that.

Bailey, I don't know where to look for this thread, do you have a link?  :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »
That is not what I meant when I referred to honesty.  I'm not talking politics here.  I'm talking about being true to yourself and being comfortable inside of your own skin. 
Attempting to conform to someone else's idea of masculinity in order to fit in is not being true to oneself.  And wrapping that kind of thing up with terms like “honor” is just a rationalization.  Then going so far as to denounce other men who have the courage to be more themselves is revolting.
It seems clear enough to me.  Not conforming to this exaggerated masculine ideal is viewed as an affectation and a weakness.  It's almost like these people are comparing being gay to being an alcoholic.  This crap about "entrenched effeminacy" and equating effeminacy with weakness is homophobic, sexist and just downright offensive.
"The issue is - what is the advantage of disadvantage of openly and loudly demanding acceptance and acknowledgement."

IMO, this statement has truth in both the political and nonpolitical worlds as it is often the quiet insistent voices that make change.

I agree that self realization and honesty are crucial in the development of a man.

Again, I am missing the posts from anyone on this forum railing against "entrenched effeminacy" and comparing effeminacy to weakness. I once saw a drag queen take a punch at a very large truck driver and knock him out cold - and then hop back up on on stage and continue with her impression of Barbara Streisand - the 70's were quite a trip.   ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 09:38:43 pm »
The post is in this thread. 
Gary, Gary! You have been quoting Milo out of context!

here is the full quotation I believe you are referring to:

"I'm not trying to bully anyone into anything, and neither is Jack. We're not looking for converts. He wrote androphilia for those of us who don't fit into the orthodox gay community, and those who are new to homosexuality who might be seeking an alternative. He did not write it for those who are already entrenched in effeminacy, and enjoy that sort of thing.  This is about more than just the individual man. Its about a collective mentality and practice that is seeping out into the larger population. Many authors have written extensively about the feminization of men and American culture. Some straight men feel that this direction is chipping away at our cultural fabric too."   

Milo isn't railing against "entrenched effeminacy", he is merely stating that the Androphile movement is geared towards those who are not interested in that segment of gay life.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:21 pm »
Bill, it was Milo that answered honestly to my questions in another thread.... yet another thread..... regarding
gay's who were effiminate.  That thread was locked, but I, and others remember it well.  You don't have to look
that far on here to see where he has said it in other threads.

Why don't you ask him?

He was honest in his answer, and even owned up to it when questioned if he had indeed said it.

I don't agree with what he said, but he did have the balls to own up to the fact he said it, and felt it.

;)

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »
The post is in this thread. 

and about 100 others. 

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 11:44:58 pm »
It seems clear enough to me.  Not conforming to this exaggerated masculine ideal is viewed as an affectation and a weakness.  It's almost like these people are comparing being gay to being an alcoholic.  This crap about "entrenched effeminacy" and equating effeminacy with weakness is homophobic, sexist and just downright offensive.

You keep throwing characterizations out there with no explanation of your position. Why do you think equating effeminacy with weakness is homophobic, sexist, and offensive?

I have explained in great detail why effeminacy is weak. I have described how being anti-effeminacy is not the same thing as being homophobic. And I have explained that there is nothing sexist about my dislike of effeminacy, because effeminacy has nothing to do with women. All of my analysis is there for all to read in the Gay Identity thread in Modern Manhood.

Where's your analysis, Gary? All I get from you is vitriol. I'm waiting for you to make a rational argument against my positions. You once told me that you would explain to me why my POV is so offensive to you, yet all you do is keep repeating that its offensive, and offer no explanation.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 11:48:31 pm »
Gary, I would really let it go.

It's just giving these guys a platform........ once again.

They have to live with themselves, and what they think doesn't matter to us
at all.

We all know you to be the wonderful person you are.  What others think... pffffttttt.

Glass houses... and all that.

;)

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 12:10:26 am »
Thank you, Karen.   :-*

:-*

You and I both know they aren't fooling anyone but themselves.

;)