Author Topic: Better for Most  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Better for Most
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:11:21 am »
I saw this headline and of course I thought of you all. Then I thought you might be interested in the picture. It's late winter here and we've been having snow, floods, etc. Last night we saw footage of half the house falling down the cliff. The people were very philosophical: "It's only a house."
"Paraparaumu's twinset kindy" is obviously about a kindergarten (preschool) at the township of Paraparaumu (say para-pa-ROW-mu, more or less) where there are a lot of twins. A twinset is more commonly a knitted, buttoned jersey (cardigan or cardy) over a matching knitted sweater.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Re: Better for Most
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 04:36:24 pm »
Hey!

Just had to tell you that after reading your post about being in Seattle (and you being from NZ), I decided to 'google' a former housemate from college.  He'd set some UW long jump/triple jump records & his name popped up & a connection w/ his e-mail.  I contacted him & as fate would have it he'd already planned a trip to Seattle.  I will be seeing him (and his wife) Sept 15 - 17!

;D

LJ

"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Better for Most
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:05:43 am »
Hey!

Just had to tell you that after reading your post about being in Seattle (and you being from NZ), I decided to 'google' a former housemate from college.  He'd set some UW long jump/triple jump records & his name popped up & a connection w/ his e-mail.  I contacted him & as fate would have it he'd already planned a trip to Seattle.  I will be seeing him (and his wife) Sept 15 - 17!

;D

LJ

LJ, that's cool.  If he hasn't seen it already, he'd probably be into the long jump record plaques embedded in the sidewalk outside Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center.  It shows various track n field records, with the plaques the actual distance apart of the jumps, very amazing that humans can jump that far.